Media Bias

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Media Bias

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:20 am

Well, as we know from the Thomas and Kavanaugh cases, what really matters here is not whether the allegations are true or false, but the character of his accusers.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:10 pm

Media bias goes in one direction, mostly.

Of course, lots of people will try to defend these connections, or do the 'apologetics' dance...

(spoilered to prevent upsetting old folks who love their TV 'news')
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:12 pm

Yeah, the bias always runs in the opposite direction to one's personal views - that's why it hurts so much eh?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:51 am

I think Fox News is right, here. The 1st Amendment of the Constitution of the United States protects their right to disseminate harmful falsehoods as long as they can justify a claim that they're 'expressing opinions.'

'Fox News Defends Its COVID Lies, Saying First Amendment Protects “False” Speech'
Fox News has moved to dismiss a lawsuit filed by a Washington state group accusing the network of “deceptive” coronavirus coverage by arguing that the First Amendment protects “false” and “outrageous” speech.

The network’s lawyers said in a motion seeking to dismiss the lawsuit that the “First Amendment does not permit censoring this type of speech based on the theory that it is ‘false’ or ‘outrageous.’ Nor does the law of the State of Washington.”

The Washington League for Increased Transparency and Ethics (WASHLITE) filed a lawsuit in King County earlier this month seeking a court order barring the network from “interfering with reasonable and necessary measures to contain the virus by publishing further false and deceptive content.”

The suit accused the network of violating the state’s Consumer Protection Act by “falsely and deceptively disseminating ‘news’ via cable news contracts that the coronavirus was a ‘hoax’ and that it was otherwise not a danger to public health and safety.”

“Under the First Amendment and state law, the truth or falsity of this type of speech must be resolved through free and open debate in the marketplace of ideas — not through burdensome litigation seeking to impose legal penalties on political statements that a jury might deem ‘false’ or ‘outrageous,'” the motion said. “In addition, the Complaint also fails because the statements are constitutionally protected opinions. Again, even accepting the Complaint’s characterization of the speech at issue, the Fox commentators were expressing their view on the scientific question of how dangerous the Coronavirus is and how society should respond to it — including what type of governmental action should be taken.”

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:04 pm

Does the W.H.O. get the same protections? CCP?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:06 pm

Every media organization that spewed virtue around the Kavanaugh accusations and confirmation, just outed themselves as not giving a shit.

The Biden accusations are MUCH worse, MUCH more 'credible' and much more corroborated.

If you took time to express outrage at Kavanaugh on behalf of that Ford idiot, and didn't over Biden's recent humiliation, congrats. You just showed where and how much you care :)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:44 pm

Spoilered to protect notions of unbiased media...
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:10 pm

:lol:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:25 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:06 pm
Every media organization that spewed virtue around the Kavanaugh accusations and confirmation, just outed themselves as not giving a shit.

The Biden accusations are MUCH worse, MUCH more 'credible' and much more corroborated.

If you took time to express outrage at Kavanaugh on behalf of that Ford idiot, and didn't over Biden's recent humiliation, congrats. You just showed where and how much you care :)
You only think the Biden accusation is worse, more credible, and more corroborated because you have a right-wing bias. I'd say they're about the same.

The left-wing media have been covering this for weeks. Now that the Larry King call and neighbor's corroboration are out, the mainstream media are covering it. You would probably know that if you didn't have a right-wing bias. A 5 second google search shows that MSNBC, CNN, WaPo, NYT, NPR, Politico, and many others are covering it.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:07 pm

We can all see how different organizations have handled each accusation. We can all decide for ourselves, which is 'worse'.

As to 'more credible', Biden's accuser has dates and details which were unspecific in the Kavanaugh accusations.

But we know why the pink-hat brigade are silent. They like old Joe. It's ok if he's a bit handsy, and sniffs kids.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:57 pm

So now that the media is covering it, you've had to move the goalpost to "pink hat brigade". I wonder where you'll move it next?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:46 pm

Puce hat brigade?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri May 01, 2020 3:32 am

Seabass wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:57 pm
So now that the media is covering it, you've had to move the goalpost to "pink hat brigade". I wonder where you'll move it next?
I'm not moving any goalposts. Just noticing the major media bias
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri May 01, 2020 4:18 am

Where's the bias? The MSM is covering it.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 01, 2020 6:23 am

The bias is plain to see. If you criticise Trump you clearly demonstrate an obvious and undue prejudice against or hatred towards him. If you don't see this then you're also biased, and if you can't see this you're dumb and biased.

Frank Zappa