Media Bias

Jason
Destroyer of words

Re: Media Bias

Post by Jason » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:58 pm

Am I the only one who finds it strange that Scot revels in Britain's great modern folly (Brexit), while calling other people Russian trolls?

I mean an indifferent USA combined with a weakened EU can only benefit Vlad. Who are you kidding Scot? :ask:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:21 am

Jason wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:58 pm
Am I the only one who finds it strange that Scot revels in Britain's great modern folly (Brexit), while calling other people Russian trolls?

I mean an indifferent USA combined with a weakened EU can only benefit Vlad. Who are you kidding Scot? :ask:
And in the past he has tended to put more blame on the US than the USSR during cold war conflicts...

Just who is it reporting to the Kremlin? :what:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:46 am

Spy vs spy!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:50 am

:hehe:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:51 am

Seabass wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:46 am
Spy vs spy!
Will we hire ludlum to chronicle their rivalries, schemes and travails?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:05 am

Is National Review a biased source?

Is this funny?

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/oma ... ans-women/
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:50 am

I will stop trolling when he stops.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:38 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:51 pm
As I said it is recall time. Off you go back to Moscow. You must have lost one of the two braincells you had left.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:44 am

JimC wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:21 am
Jason wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:58 pm

And in the past he has tended to put more blame on the US than the USSR during cold war conflicts...

Just who is it reporting to the Kremlin? :what:
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:50 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:54 am
Forty Two wrote: As for trolling, Dutchy's posts meet exactly that definition. He's running around calling someone a Russian troll and asking how the weather is in Moscow in order to get a rise out of them. That's textbook trolling. What I do is respond substantively to people's posts and engage in actual commentary on various issues. I do make fun, but it's almost always making fun of politicians. Where I've gotten angry and/or poked fun at members here, you'll find it is always in retaliation for someone taking a shot at me first.
I disagree with you about almost everything, but I agree with this. Dutchy is trolling, plain and simple.
It's awesome that you disagree with me about almost everything. That's what opens up discussion and debate.

Dutchy is trolling, but it's o.k. Let him troll. He is, after all, the best at trolling. He doesn't go in for that macho trolling. He's not doing any adversarial trolling, either. He's into that cooperative and inquisitorial trolling. And, there in the Netherlands, what he's doing isn't considered trolling, just like blackface Piet isn't considered racist there.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:05 am

Yep three comments when one will do.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:12 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:23 pm
I do wish you'd engage with the premise occasionally. This incessant, deflecting, whataboutism is rather unproductive.
I find that comment to be ridiculous. I "engage with the premise" of posts here routinely, and you know that. Making a joke in response to your one-liner was not a response or an argument - it was a joke.

And Jesus Christ with this constant "whataboutism" comment. My post wasn't "whataboutism."

As to your "premise" - if your post was a serious argument about Newt Gingrich turning politics into a sectarian battleground, you'll have to establish that premise first, rather than merely declare it. Gingrich himself is conservative, but not particularly religious. He believes in evolution. Rarely quotes the Bible or any religious text, and is really not himself "sectarian," as far as I can tell.

What's your factual support for the accuracy of your premise?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:13 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:05 am
Yep three comments when one will do.
They're in response to different people. Why do you have more than one comment on this thread today?

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:08 pm

Two for one. Slight improvement. Dont read them of course. Why read trolls?

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:49 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:08 pm
Two for one. Slight improvement. Dont read them of course. Why read trolls?
I only read one of your posts every few days. It is the same each time, so no need to read carefully. If you get a second idea someday, I'm sure you will post about it LOTS.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.