Media Bias

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Media Bias

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:41 pm

The wound was to Maza. Crowder got a lot of flak, but won in the end. Advertising changed a bit.

Crowder is interviewing Alex Jones now, about the worst day of his life.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:54 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:41 pm
The wound was to Maza. Crowder got a lot of flak, but won in the end. Advertising changed a bit.

Crowder was demonetized, yes? For something like a year? Sounds like his mouth shot his foot. :smug:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:03 pm

Joe wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:54 pm
Cunt wrote:

Crowder was demonetized, yes? For something like a year? Sounds like his mouth shot his foot. :smug:
What did Maza want? What did he end up with?

Youtube still posted Crowder, I still saw them using ads to make money off him. His lawyers can 'care' if he was demonitized. I am enjoying hearing Alex Jones talk about how the media misrepresents him.

The left attacks rely steadily on taking jokes literally, or in editing quotes out of context. It doesn't make them look strong, even if they do control most of social and legacy media.

Jones talks about Swift writing about the English eating Irish babies. He points out that Swift never said the piece was satire. Now, if those disclaimers are missing, it is VERY noticable.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:15 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:04 am
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:43 am
The malignant imbeciles at Fox News are trying to blame wind turbines for the power problems in Texas. Renewable energy bad!

Fox News doesn't have any worries though. Their supply of militant ignorance and mendacious flatulence appears to be infinitely renewable, and they have a ready market for the output of their array of outraged puddingheads.
Well, if the installation of those wind fans entailed putting offline some more reliable power generation systems, they just might have an inkling of a point...
If. As the article points out, most of the power generating capacity that has failed is from fossil fuel plants. Apparently they're not 'more reliable.' For instance, natural gas lines are frozen all across Texas, which means that natural gas power plants are shut down.

Texas has a mostly laissez-faire approach to its power generating capacity, which is in the hands of private industry. In 2011, a similar cold weather situation produced similar results, and the state recommended that the power companies do more to prepare for future cold weather events. It's considerably less expensive to ignore that recommendation, and the power companies did just that.

Wind turbines are used in places much colder than Texas, but again, building them to cope with the cold is more expensive.
More than 45 gigawatts of Texas electricity capacity has been shut this week, in many cases because the instrumentation froze over, according to the state’s grid operator. Natural gas, coal, wind and even nuclear facilities have gone dark because of the cold and wind turbines have stopped because of ice on the blades.

[source]

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:22 pm

That's what I've read too. Fox is trolling for bucks. It's a shame there's no way to hold them accountable.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:36 pm

Tucker Carlson doesn't have to imagine. He's living the dream. Full text of a short article below.

'Tucker Carlson calls Fox News "heroic" for giving him more airtime as a "commitment to honesty"'
Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Wednesday praised his network after he was given additional airtime on its streaming platform.

In a statement, Fox News announced that Carlson would host the Tucker Carlson Originals program on the Fox Nation streaming service.

“This is my twelfth year at FOX News and I've never been more grateful to be here," Carlson said in the statement. "As other media outlets fall silent or fall in line, FOX News Media's management has redoubled its commitment to honesty and freedom of speech. I consider that heroic at a time like this."

In recent days, Carlson has accused President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden of faking their marriage. He has also falsely claimed that frozen windmills in Texas are largely responsible for the state's massive power outages.

“The news media are profoundly dishonest," Carlson complained during a recent broadcast. "All of us lie from time to time -- that's the human condition. But imagine if lying was your job. Imagine forcing yourself to tell lies all day about everything in ways that were so transparent and so outlandish that there is no way that people listening to you could possibly believe anything you said."
It's the official legal position of Fox News that people already know not to believe the things that Carlson says.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:39 pm

He is more believable than the unconvincing impeachment 'legal team' lol
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:42 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:03 pm
Joe wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:54 pm
Cunt wrote:

What did Maza want? What did he end up with?

Youtube still posted Crowder, I still saw them using ads to make money off him. His lawyers can 'care' if he was demonitized. I am enjoying hearing Alex Jones talk about how the media misrepresents him.

The left attacks rely steadily on taking jokes literally, or in editing quotes out of context. It doesn't make them look strong, even if they do control most of social and legacy media.

Jones talks about Swift writing about the English eating Irish babies. He points out that Swift never said the piece was satire. Now, if those disclaimers are missing, it is VERY noticable.
Beats me what Maza wanted or what he got. It was just a segment on Rogan that I'd have blown past if I wasn't in the car. It's one of those stories that make me think of George Saunders' "dog shit in a bowl" riff in his 2007 essay on the media called The Braindead Megaphone.

But speaking of looking strong, complaining about "The left" has a bit of a whiny-ass titty baby vibe to it. Just sayin'. :biggrin:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:47 pm

Alex tells the story of his organizing the January 6th event, how he felt about it, who did it etc.

The youtube cuts about 30 minutes in, but the audio podcast goes on another hour. I'm listening now. I wonder what media lies will be generated by this lol
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:58 pm

I found Alex's account honest, clear and am glad he named the responsible parties the way that he did.

It's easy to believe it was his worst day ever.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:11 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-18/ ... a/13166208
Facebook will restrict publishers and people in Australia from sharing or viewing Australian and international news content.

The announcement comes in response to proposed new laws in Australia that would force tech companies to negotiate with media companies over how much to pay them for news content.

The move would also prevent people overseas from sharing Australian content on the social media site.

Facebook said the law fundamentally misunderstood the relationship between their platform and publishers who use it to share news content.

It said it faced the stark choice between attempting to comply with a law, or banning news content on its services in Australia — and "with a heavy heart" it was choosing the latter.
This is a classic example of Hermit's point that the key motivation for social media companies is protecting their profit margins. Not being on Facebook, it will not affect me in the slightest.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:14 pm

Yes, most of us with any sense have been banned from facebook.

I was banned (by me) last time I considered their ToS, and whether I would like to participate. Facebook refusing to admit that they are a publisher is hilarious. It shows me very clearly that someone knows whats up.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:36 pm

Joe wrote:In sympathy for Crowder's ordeal, I made a crappy meme to express solidarity.

This is why I'm not in charge of meme's and my avatar was made by Rum. :cheers:
You’re quite qualified with your misplaced apostrophes though :hehe:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:42 pm

BarnettNewman wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:36 pm
Joe wrote:In sympathy for Crowder's ordeal, I made a crappy meme to express solidarity.

This is why I'm not in charge of meme's and my avatar was made by Rum. :cheers:
You’re quite qualified with your misplaced apostrophes though :hehe:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's because I can't see the little buggers and they sneak in where they shouldn't be. :biggrin:

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:55 pm

Very biased
Screenshot_20210217-235509.png