Media Bias

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: Media Bias

Post by JimC » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:31 am

Cunt wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:06 am

How much extra money do you think is spent, labelling trash in this exact way?
:roll:

They are not labelling trash, they are labelling containers before they become trash. And discarded containers only become visible litter when selfish, thoughtless people discard them instead of proper disposal.

Saying that does not change the fact that manufacturing should make an effort to greatly reduce single-use packaging, or at least make it biodegradable or easy to recycle. Logos are not the problem.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:35 am

Cunt wrote:The evidence is everywhere. Look at the next ten pieces of litter you see. If you are in a city, some are nearly certain to have corporate logos.

If it caused corporate embarrassment as you suggest, they wouldn't keep spending ink on it.
So no evidence then. Just a feeling. Thought so.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:43 am

Cunt wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:24 am
The evidence is everywhere. Look at the next ten pieces of litter you see. If you are in a city, some are nearly certain to have corporate logos.

If it caused corporate embarrassment as you suggest, they wouldn't keep spending ink on it.
Again, they put logos on their packaging, before consumption, clearly for reasons of product identification by consumers. They have no intention to label litter with their logos, that is an unintended consequence that would disappear if a minority of morons did the right thing.
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:45 am

Minority? Everyone litters in Canada.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:43 am

Sean Hayden wrote:Being upset about logos sounds pretty stupid.
Then again, logos can be problematic...

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:59 am

Litter is a result of poor education.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:56 pm

:fp:

Remember when that Cunt said the social media companies are all left-wing?

YouTube Permanently Bans Right Wing Watch, a Media Watchdog Devoted to Exposing Right-Wing Conspiracies

Right Wing Watch has been banned while the right-wing extremists they merely exposed via the platform continue to publish misinformation on YouTube.

Right Wing Watch has been permanently suspended from YouTube, the organization announced on Twitter on Monday.

According to screenshots posted by RWW, the Google-owned video platform informed the group that their official YouTube channel would be permanently removed from the site due to numerous violations of its community guidelines.

According to Right Wing Watch, their appeal of the suspension was also denied by YouTube, which again claimed that the watchdog group—which monitors disinformation, conspiracies, and violent rhetoric from far-right media outlets and personalities—was in violation of its guidelines and terms of service.

Meanwhile, many of the far-right extremists merely exposed by RWW remain on the platform.

“Our efforts to expose the bigoted view and dangerous conspiracy theories spread by right-wing activists has now resulted in @YouTube banning our channel and removing thousands of our videos,” Right Wing Watch wrote on Monday. “We attempted to appeal this decision, and YouTube rejected it.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/youtube-p ... nspiracies
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:26 am

After they got an earful, YouTube reversed their decision.

'People For the American Way Wins Reinstatement of Right Wing Watch YouTube Account'
Following YouTube’s reversal late today of its decision this morning to permanently suspend the account of Right Wings Watch, People For the American Way’s project dedicated to monitoring dangerous rhetoric on the Far Right, Right Wing Watch Director Adele Stan released the following statement:
“We are glad that by reinstating our account, YouTube recognizes our position that there is a world of difference between reporting on offensive activities and committing them. Without the ability to accurately portray dangerous behavior, meaningful journalism and public education about that behavior would cease to exist. We hope this is the end of a years-long struggle with YouTube to understand the nature of our work. We also hope the platform will become more transparent about the process it uses to determine whether a user has violated its rules, which has always been opaque and has led to frustrating and inexplicable decisions and reversals such as the one we experienced today. We remain dedicated to exposing threatening and harmful activities on the Far Right and we are glad to have YouTube again available to us to continue our work.”

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:34 am

This is not the first time that YouTube 'creators' have had their anti-fascist/nativist/extreme-right/racist critique videos pulled down or the their channels shutdown. It usually follows a sustained program of reporting from the Right. Many now avoid using the word 'nazi' or 'fascist' to dodge the auto-modding of The Al Gore Rhythm.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:47 am

The boring fucker is hurting Newsmax's bottom line (and that of other media operations). ;ob;

'Boring news cycle deals blow to partisan media'
In the months since former President Donald Trump left office, media companies’ readership numbers are plunging -- and publishers that rely on partisan, ideological warfare have taken an especially big hit.

Outlets most dependent on controversy to stir up resentments have struggled to find a foothold in the Biden era, according to an Axios analysis of publishers’ readership and engagement trends.

Web traffic, social media engagement and app user sessions suggest that while the entire news industry is experiencing a slump, right-wing outlets are seeing some of the biggest plunges.

A group of far-right outlets, including Newsmax and The Federalist, saw aggregate traffic drop 44% from February through May compared to the previous six months, according to Comscore data.

Lefty outlets including Mother Jones and Raw Story saw a 27% drop.

Mainstream publishers including the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today and Reuters dropped 18%.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:04 am

The nerve of the guy! :lay:
And my gin!

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:07 pm

I may have mentioned this was going to happen... :smug:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:59 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:07 pm
I may have mentioned this was going to happen... :smug:
Yes, you bored the whole forum by rabbiting on about it... :roll:

:hehe:
And my gin!

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:37 pm

:lol:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:00 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka