Media Bias

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Media Bias

Post by Cunt » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:26 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:56 am
Pah. Doing the coward thing has really lost it's shine now I'm afraid. Why pretend you don't understand what I'm saying when I've been so clear? I'm just not buying into the racists ready explanation for why the report was withheld, nor the reasons why they say they want it published in the first place. I don't think disagreeing with racists can be labelled as attacking them (unless you think their ideas should be protected) or that racists are interested in things like truth or facts or have the best interests of society at heart, but I can understand why you might.
I don't blame you for focusing away from the report, it's authors statements before producing it, or what took place after. It probably isn't important to you.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:30 am

Keep digging.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:33 am

How is that a dig?

I just think that aside from the involvement of that one racist, you aren't interested in the report. Maybe you are, but I found none expressed here.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:28 am

Look, don't pretend you're just spontaneously interested in the report. You're simply urging us to be 'interested in the report' because Sargon said you should be concerned about it. All you did was repeat some white supremacists talking point and then run away from that fact saying, "It's just about the report, not 'that one racist'." You're ignoring the history of this and the context in which people like Carl Benjamin and Tommy Robinson have sought to make racist hay off the back of the victims of a couple of high-profile sexual grooming and abuse cases involving the South-East Asian community while they stoically remain silent on grooming and abuse by groups that aren't brown-skinned.

Now, if you think Sargon has a point then I'd invite you to dispassionately represent his views here. But I guess you won't be doing that because his concerns aren't with paedophilia and hebephilia in general, but with specifically brown-skinned paedophiles and hebephiles in particular.

Every time you complain that racists aren't getting a fair hearing in the media you do yourself a disservice.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:12 am

Cunt wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 4:36 am
BarnettNewman wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 3:01 am
Cunt wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:09 pm
BarnettNewman wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:20 pm
You are confused as usual. I didn’t say anything about Dem talking points.
The phrase 'Republican talking points' is a Dem talking point.
Right. Talking points is a Democratic hoax. Are you able to tie your running shoes or are they velcro?
Funny you should ask. I stand on one leg, pistol-squat to pick the shoe up, then close my eyes, stand, put the shoe on, tie it and put my foot down before opening my eyes.

I also know that if someone uses the phrase 'republican talking points', but can't name a few 'democrat talking points', there is an even chance they aren't going to say anything too interesting.
You, not me, posted a video of local news outlets reading not just similar, but the exact same copy. Everyone knows that local broadcast stations are being bought up and aggregated by right wing owners.

If you want to post a similar video of left wing news outlets reading the exact same copy (I’ll accept left of right to left of center as I’m not sure you’ll find a left wing outlet in the US) we can have that discussion. You brought this to the table, not me.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:20 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:53 pm
https://imgur.com/gallery/C2nG5fC
AmazonANDLocalNewsChannels wrote:...the Company is keeping its employees safe and healthy
Um, yeah, Amazon, being owned by the world's richest man, must be a left wing outfit. The TV stations which used the audio-visual equivalent of a press release as a free broadcast time filler in order to cut costs and thereby increase profit are therefore left wing propaganda tools.

It all makes sense to me now.

I guess you'll explain to us next that because the Washington Post's editorial stance is clearly opposed to Donald Trump and the Republican Party, it too is a left wing outfit. Please do. I am desperate to benefit from your analytical skills concerning what is left and what is right.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:59 pm

Let's not sell him sort. When he says 'left' he means the 'radical left' - like the Democrats. :tea:

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:21 pm

If the left could identify and prune the radical left, it would be stronger and better.

The reluctance for them to do it, or for them to acknowledge the bias on say, Youtube, has a lot to do with how believable they are.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:26 pm

So you think we need a pogrom against the radicals eh? I hear you comrade. I hear you.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:33 pm

I would guess that there is no left-wing idea so radical, that you would condemn it as radical and unwelcome among civilized people.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:10 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:33 pm
I would guess that there is no left-wing idea so radical, that you would condemn it as radical and unwelcome among civilized people.
Universal healthcare?
How do you manage to live under such oppression?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:21 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:21 pm
If the left could identify and prune the radical left, it would be stronger and better.
What do you mean by "the radical left"? The organised troops that killed fascists systematically by the millions, the occasional activist who gives a member of the alt right a shiner or a fat lip, the bunch of enthusiasts who turn up for counter-protests when Charlottesville type three percenters come out with tiki torches shouting "Jews will not replace us" or this lot?

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:27 pm

rainbow wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:10 pm
Cunt wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:33 pm
Universal healthcare?
How do you manage to live under such oppression?
Oh yes, here you are failing to even consider any leftie radical idea too radical.

Thanks for helping me make my point.

The only thing that would make it more hilariously, is if someone came along asking outright who the radical left was.

This reminds me, the media covered a protest recently in the US, calling it 'right-wing radicals', where there were 2A complaints. They brought tens of thousands of people, many armed with guns. How many riots were there around that protest?

How many killed?

I'm guessing that the folks being bailed out of this protest (by Antifa and other white power orgs) are more white 'NIMBY' wealthy who were rioting in someone else's neighbourhoods. Will the media be biased in their coverage?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:43 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:27 pm
The only thing that would make it more hilariously, is if someone came along asking outright who the radical left was.
Ridiculously question indeed. We really don't need to know who the radical left was when recommending the pruneration of the radical left. At least no more so than what Obamagate is when recommending that Obamagate be investigatedly.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:55 pm

Hermit wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:43 pm
Cunt wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:27 pm
Ridiculously question indeed. We really don't need to know who the radical left was when recommending the pruneration of the radical left. At least no more so than what Obamagate is when recommending that Obamagate be investigatedly.
The fact that you can't clearly identify the radical left makes my point.

The point is that you cannot, without risking the 'measured response' of the left media/twitterati/mob.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: