Media Bias

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Re: Media Bias

Post by rainbow » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:20 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:33 am
Bernie Sanders is a centristCrypto-Fascist.
:disappoint:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:31 am

crypto commie, I could get, but crypto fascist, you just make no sense.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:56 am

RealClearPolitics (US political news aggregator site) is generally viewed as non-partisan. However, its parent company also runs a rabid right wing Facebook page, which by their own admission is the only such page they operate.

'RealClear Media Has a Secret Facebook Page to Push Far-Right Memes'
The company behind the non-partisan news site RealClearPolitics has been secretly running a Facebook page filled with far-right memes and Islamophobic smears, The Daily Beast has learned.

Called “Conservative Country,” the Facebook page was founded in 2014 and now boasts nearly 800,000 followers for its mix of Donald Trump hagiography and ultra-conservative memes. One recent post showed a man training two assault rifles at a closed door with the caption “Just sitting here waiting on Beto.” Others wink at right-wing conspiracy theories about Barack Obama’s “ties to Islam” or the Clintons having their enemies killed, or portray Muslim members of Congress as terrorist infiltrators. The page is effusive with praise for Vladimir Putin, and one post portrays Russia as the last bastion of freedom in Europe.

RealClear didn’t respond to questions about the Facebook page but acknowledged that it created the website. “The Conservative Country website was created as part of an effort to understand the flow of traffic from social media—particularly Facebook—to political websites,” said RealClear CTO Anand Ramanujan in an email to The Daily Beast. “There are no other non-RealClear titles out there.”

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:02 am

Svartalf wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:31 am
crypto commie, I could get, but crypto fascist, you just make no sense.
This is based on pErvs scale where the Trotskyite Left Bloc of Portugal are labelled "Centrist"
:biggrin:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:24 am

:hehe:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:03 am

Fox News blames "Deep State" for the impeachment inquiry into Donald Trump
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:36 pm

We apparently now have an official, state-run, pro-Trump, domestic propaganda outlet.

US Department of Agriculture launches pro-Trump propaganda podcast
https://www.mediamatters.org/sarah-huck ... da-podcast
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) recently launched a new podcast, and the first episode was largely devoted to Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue heaping praise on President Donald Trump with the help of former White House press secretary and current Fox News contributor Sarah Huckabee Sanders. During the 20-plus-minute podcast, Perdue and Sanders spent much of their time celebrating Trump for loving America, fighting “for what he believes is right,” having “genuine, sincere affection for our farmers” and “an amazing instinctive ability to make decisions,” and being “incredibly smart,” “a tough New Yorker,” and “one of the most fun, engaging, charming, charismatic people.”

Though the USDA website describes the podcast’s focus as “the issues facing America’s farmers,” there was almost no discussion of farm policy. In one instance where farm policy was actually discussed, Sanders called Trump’s trade war with China that is devastating American farmers a “minor economic hit.”
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:48 pm

It's now official, the USA are a banana republic
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:31 am

DPRNA

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:42 am

Democratic People's Republic of North America?

:hehe:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:02 pm

Finally, the RWNJs get one of their most fervent wishes.

'Shepard Smith Stepping Down From Fox News'
Fox News anchor Shepard Smith is stepping down, the network said Friday in a statement.

“Recently I asked the company to allow me to leave FOX News and begin a new chapter. After requesting that I stay, they graciously obliged. The opportunities afforded this guy from small town Mississippi have been many,” Smith said in a statement. “It’s been an honor and a privilege to report the news each day to our loyal audience in context and with perspective, without fear or favor. I’ve worked with the most talented, dedicated and focused professionals I know and I’m proud to have anchored their work each day—I will deeply miss them.”

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:40 pm

He was the only voice of reason on that godforsaken channel. I guess the last thing you want on a propaganda network is someone delivering actual news...

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:09 pm

Can't say I'm surprised. He was chafing under their ridiculous endorsement of conspiracy theories.

I wonder how long Chris Wallace will hold out.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:24 pm

I regularly checked out this propagandist's work when 'The Hill' website was publishing it, if for nothing else than to see how middle-brow Trumpists were spinning things. He finally left there a few weeks ago, only to get a gig at a place where he should feel right at home.

'Water Finds Its Level as Fox News Hires Dictator-Loving, Deep State-Loathing John Solomon'
Over the weekend, Fox News announced that it had made a new hire: John Solomon, the self-proclaimed journalist at the heart of the unfolding scandal involving Ukraine, Rudy Giuliani, and the impending impeachment of Donald Trump. It’s not hard to see why Fox executives may have wanted to bring him aboard. Solomon’s work has underpinned the entire cascade of lies the White House and Trump in particular have pushed over the past few weeks.

Solomon’s writings—including those most recently at The Hill, where he worked until last month—are drenched in innuendo and mischaracterizations, all in service of attacking Trump’s political opponents. Solomon is already a regular Fox News fixture. He appeared on Fox News’s The Story show last week to claim that he was being victimized by “McCarthy-like” attacks. As Mother Jones noted on Solomon’s hiring—which coincided with Giuliani claiming that the man deserves a Pulitzer—Solomon’s “alliance with pro-Trump forces” is now “official.”

This is a man, after all, about whom the Columbia Journalism Review wrote not one, not two, but three separate takedowns. (One headline: “John Solomon Gives Us Less Than Meets the Eye — Again”). The most recent topped out at nearly 5,000 words, highlighting Solomon’s “history of bending the truth to his storyline,” as well as his “hyping [of] petty stories” and his outsized habit of “massaging facts to conjure phantom scandals.”

Complaints from colleagues tailed Solomon wherever he went; as one former co-worker said about Solomon’s work, “Facts be damned.” Small wonder that, as The Daily Beast reported last week, staffers at The Hill were “enraged” by his presence at the publication.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:08 pm

I remember this guy. 42 introduced me to his writing. :coffee:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake