Media Bias

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Media Bias

Post by Forty Two » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:49 am

JimC wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:21 am
Cunt is a bit trollish, and 42 can be a pain; both of them are perhaps a little blasé about Russian influence on US politics, but it is a bit absurd to call them Russian trolls...
It's not that I'm "blase'" - it's that the bulk of the "interference" in the US election is stuff like "organizing rallies supporting both parties" and "buying weird facebook ads." What is supposed to be done about that? Prohibit people from buying ads? Russians not allowed to organize rallies or buy facebook ads? What?

The main thing that would be criminal about what they actually say that some Russians who are alleged to be "connected" or "linked" to "Russian intelligence" -- note, no names, no proof offered - is the hacking. That's a significant and serous matter, and it's already criminal. So prosecute them. Also, let's do better with online security. We don't even know how the "hacking" took place,and as we all know, that term is very broad in the law, and includes just "unauthorized access" to a computer system.

We've been through all this before, and it never goes anywhere. The usual response is "oh, come on, don't you believe our intelligence communities? They know more than they're telling us, don't they?" -- And, my response is, that I take their reports and statements at face value, and I think people are drawing unwarranted conclusions from what the "intelligence community" actually officially says.

As for trolling, Dutchy's posts meet exactly that definition. He's running around calling someone a Russian troll and asking how the weather is in Moscow in order to get a rise out of them. That's textbook trolling. What I do is respond substantively to people's posts and engage in actual commentary on various issues. I do make fun, but it's almost always making fun of politicians. Where I've gotten angry and/or poked fun at members here, you'll find it is always in retaliation for someone taking a shot at me first.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:52 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:27 am
Why not. There are so many in western media. Both the Guardian and Independent have had big problems. The Independent had to completely rebuild its comments page. As for the rest well Russians dont worry about the likes of the Wail, Bun and Suppress. American mainline papers are also riddled with them.
Most of us are learning Dutch, so we can read and listen to media without such problems. I can't wait until it's my turn to use the Rosetta Stone discs.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:54 am

Forty Two wrote: As for trolling, Dutchy's posts meet exactly that definition. He's running around calling someone a Russian troll and asking how the weather is in Moscow in order to get a rise out of them. That's textbook trolling. What I do is respond substantively to people's posts and engage in actual commentary on various issues. I do make fun, but it's almost always making fun of politicians. Where I've gotten angry and/or poked fun at members here, you'll find it is always in retaliation for someone taking a shot at me first.
I disagree with you about almost everything, but I agree with this. Dutchy is trolling, plain and simple.

Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:03 am

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:40 am
rainbow wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:27 am
Forty Two wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:28 pm
rainbow wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:30 am
Forty Two wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:35 pm

The state always owns the government.
Meaningless drivel. You mentioned "government", not I.

We are talking about the state owning the infrastructure.

Please pay attention.
I addressed the infrastructure. Try reading something before you puke your bullshit.
Diddums.

You do get upset when you're losing an argument. :console:

I would've expected you to be used to it by now. :whistle:
Losing an argument? To you?
Yes and yes.

Grow a pair.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:17 am

LOL - you'd have to make an argument first.

"grow a pair?" LOL. Oh, you misogynist and transphobe you! Don't you know that's insulting to women, and post op trans women? My gawd, it's soooo hate speech.

Next you'll call me a snowflake, again, or something.

Keep on keepin' on...keep on truckin', rainbow. You're not a joke, really. You're a smart, intelligent, well-educated poster, who makes well-reasoned, cogent arguments at every turn.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:25 am

Newt Gingrich worked tirelessly to turn American national politics into a sectarian battleground, and now many people are conscripts in that war and don't even realise it.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:33 am

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:17 am

Next you'll call me a snowflake, again, or something.

Hakuna wasiwasi
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:48 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:25 am
Newt Gingrich worked tirelessly to turn American national politics into sectarian battle, and now so many people are conscripts in that war and they don't even realise it.
I'm just glad we have visionaries like AOC, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren to help repair the damage. [ducks as Amy Klobucher hurls a three-ring binder at his head while screaming insults and profanities]. :{D Oh, wait! here comes Liz Warren with all her native energy and enthusiasm - that great lady - she's always in motion, kickin' up them open-toed mules.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:23 pm

I do wish you'd engage with the premise occasionally. This incessant, deflecting, whataboutism is rather unproductive.

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:24 pm

It is called trolling.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:29 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:49 am
The main thing that would be criminal about what they actually say that some Russians who are alleged to be "connected" or "linked" to "Russian intelligence" -- note, no names, no proof offered - is the hacking. That's a significant and serous matter, and it's already criminal. So prosecute them. Also, let's do better with online security. We don't even know how the "hacking" took place,and as we all know, that term is very broad in the law, and includes just "unauthorized access" to a computer system.
I thought Wikileaks said the Democrat 'hack' wasn't a hack at all, but a leak...

But maybe you talked about a different hack.
As for trolling, Dutchy's posts meet exactly that definition. He's running around calling someone a Russian troll and asking how the weather is in Moscow in order to get a rise out of them.
What would be really funny, would be if the investigation into Russian collusion and election interference revealed more Democrat connections than Republican.

I wonder if any qualities of Scot Dutchys posts would change in such a case...

I don't get the 'open-toed mules' gag, but I rejected her as any kind of honest when I saw how she responded to her lies about heritage being found out.

She lied about being a minority, to get a juicy, easy job paying hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

So guys, would you rather vote for someone who got rich, then went into politics?

Or someone who went into politics, then got rich?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:51 pm

As I said it is recall time. Off you go back to Moscow. You must have lost one of the two braincells you had left.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:44 pm

Stop trolling.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:55 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:44 pm
Stop trolling.
I just stopped answering. He'll start saying more things, then he'll look like an idiot, then he'll go back to these short messages.

It's fun to watch him do it to himself.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:55 pm

(I call it the Scot Dutch Rudder)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: