Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Media Bias

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:09 am

Joe wrote:
Cunt wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:15 pm
I just think of how you both could - if you were brave enough - also get on his wall of retractions.

Or you could go read it. Of course getting his side of things wouldn't be comfy, so I don't blame you if you just keep parroting.
Or you could quit trolling us with personal attacks, and link to it.

Of course, that might be too difficult. :coffee:
If one truly had confidence in one's sources one wouldn't be so shy about linking to them. Seems rather cowardly actually. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:01 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:09 am
Joe wrote:
Cunt wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:15 pm
I just think of how you both could - if you were brave enough - also get on his wall of retractions.

Or you could go read it. Of course getting his side of things wouldn't be comfy, so I don't blame you if you just keep parroting.
Or you could quit trolling us with personal attacks, and link to it.

Of course, that might be too difficult. :coffee:
If one truly had confidence in one's sources one wouldn't be so shy about linking to them. Seems rather cowardly actually. :tea:
Or at least not playing nice. :coffee:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:35 pm

Joe wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:01 pm
I told you why I didn't bother with the link. You can show I was right, by failing to check his side of the story, and just accepting all the media smears about him.

Or, you could read that link, and see if you were given a false story about any of it.

Either way, I'm happy to see CNN humiliated again and again by him. I mean, they have no shame about their propaganda, or their deliberate lying to their rubes, but I get a bit of satisfaction.

It's really easy to believe any of the smears about him. A lot more challenging to accept some facts from a source that you clearly dislike (if you dislike him or PV, for some reason)
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:29 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:35 pm
Joe wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:01 pm
I told you why I didn't bother with the link. You can show I was right, by failing to check his side of the story, and just accepting all the media smears about him.

Or, you could read that link, and see if you were given a false story about any of it.

Either way, I'm happy to see CNN humiliated again and again by him. I mean, they have no shame about their propaganda, or their deliberate lying to their rubes, but I get a bit of satisfaction.

It's really easy to believe any of the smears about him. A lot more challenging to accept some facts from a source that you clearly dislike (if you dislike him or PV, for some reason)
You had your chance to make your case for PV's veracity and couldn't. Trying to put that on me is bad logic. :disappoint:

You also failed to notice that I did bother with that link, because I did my research, and found PV is an unreliable source. Unsurprisingly, you ignored that.

Perhaps your feelings about CNN got in the way. I know a lot of people find it easier to accept unproven theories about media smears when a source confirms their biases. It's much more challenging to fact check media that tells you what you want to hear. :tut:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:27 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:56 pm
You call it trolling all you want, I don't mind. (If you read carefully, you can see me giving permission in the post you quoted)

I call it showing CNN as the shit-smearers they are. If you were trying to make some point of disagreement clear to me, you missed it.
Crypto-Fascist CNN is only slightly better than the Neo-Nazi Fox News.

...so I agree with you.

Line them all against the wall, the others we re-educate.

Mine Camp, as the leader of the Germans once wrote.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:38 pm

You see fascists everywhere, but none of them attack you for your criticism of them.

It's almost like the only fascists you see, are the ones in your imagination.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:24 am

Cunt wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:38 pm
You see fascists everywhere, but none of them attack you for your criticism of them.
You weren't thrown into prison for criticising a cabinet minister of a Fascist State.
I was.

...so you can jump into the nearest lake, using the short pier.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:41 pm

How would you know?

I mean, you might have been jailed for anything, but since you see fascism everywhere...

Anyway, Crowder has just released a new 'change my mind' episode. The first gent he talks to seems to have a good handle on why he has a position different than Steven. I'm going to listen to the rest today.

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/voter ... ge-my-mind
KEY DETAILS:

If requiring ID is "racist," then airlines, liquor stores, movie theaters, and gun shops are racist.
DEFINITION OF RACISM: "A belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race." SOURCE: Merriam-Webster
THE 15TH AMENDMENT:"The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude." SOURCE: Constitution Center
Majorities of whites (74%), blacks (73%), and other minorities (82%) say voters should be required to show photo identification before being allowed to vote. SOURCE: Rasmussen
87% of black people have some form of confirmed photo ID. SOURCE: ProjectVote (pg. 3)
90% of Latin Americans have a form of confirmed photo ID. SOURCE: ProjectVote (pg. 3)
Percentage of Americans who have ID vs. percentage who vote. SOURCE: CNN
87% of black people have ID, only 13% voted in the 2020 Election.
90% of Latin Americans have ID, only 13% voted in the 2020 Elections.
95% of white people have ID, only 67% voted in 2020 Elections.
97% of registered voters in Georgia have a valid ID. SOURCE: AJC
Voter ID laws have been shown to actually INCREASE turnout in states that recommend them, such as Georgia and Indiana. SOURCES: Heritage, Heritage
Specifically in Georgia from 2004 to 2008, turnout increased
140% among Hispanic/Latino voters
42% among Black voters
Compared to 8% of Whites
Someone should probably come along and call him 'far-right' or something...attack his character in any case, so they don't have to deal with the points he made.

Come to think of it, even the guy who sat with him should be called something...far-right-adjacent, I guess.

My guess is that a biased media will take time to attack his character, but not take time to address any facts. Almost as if they push one political party in the US over another, kind of arbitrarily.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:56 pm

Cunt wrote:How would you know?

I mean, you might have been jailed for anything, but since you see fascism everywhere...
Come on man. You're either gaslighting or calling rainbow a liar. Which one were you aiming for?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:04 pm

Neither. Just pointing out that what he calls 'fascist', I don't. At least some of the time.

Nice job trying to put words in my mouth though. I remember why a lot of times I don't bother answering you.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:54 pm

I know why you don't answer sometimes.
:chicken:

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:40 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:54 pm
I know why you don't answer sometimes.
:chicken:
Oooh namecalling. That's classy!
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:37 pm

:coward:

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:37 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:37 pm
:coward:
Whereas you are so brave, behind your keyboard.

Try mindromp. If you want an open discussion, I mean.

You'll also have to find someone willing to discuss what you want, but you have all this here, with all these smart folks. Surely ONE of them will take you up?

Or are all the non-Democrat members just not posting with you?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:13 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:37 pm
Try mindromp. If you want an open discussion, I mean.
Ah, Mindromp is great for open discussion. You posted there on the 6th of April. It's the only post added to the forum in the past three weeks.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould