Media Bias

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Media Bias

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:13 am

Well it actually has, but it has to be qualified that there's no context there. We don't know how long those kids in the photos were being held. It could have been a day, or could have been a week (or more). What your link did say was that the Republicans have changed the law to make illegal immigration an offence, and as such illegal immigrant parents will be automatically separated from their children for some time (seems to be a long time). If that law didn't apply under Obama, then there would have been only a limited number of cases where children were separated.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:24 am

You want to blame Trump badly, it seems.

Why not say which policy you have a problem with, and what you would prefer to have happen?

Illegal immigration has always been an offense, and remains so everywhere I think. What exactly do you think is new about this situation?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:51 am

You clearly didn't read your own link. It stated the law was changed to make it an offence. Until you are operating on the same meaning of words as the rest of us, there's not much point debating further.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:12 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:13 am
Well it actually has, but it has to be qualified that there's no context there. We don't know how long those kids in the photos were being held. It could have been a day, or could have been a week (or more). What your link did say was that the Republicans have changed the law to make illegal immigration an offence, and as such illegal immigrant parents will be automatically separated from their children for some time (seems to be a long time). If that law didn't apply under Obama, then there would have been only a limited number of cases where children were separated.
Additionally, Trump ended so-called "catch and release" wherein the migrants would be let into the country and given a court appointment to determine whether or not they're allowed to stay, so instead of entering the country and staying with relatives, they're just piling up in concentration camps and now of course the whole system is severely overloaded.

This crisis was wholly created by the Trump administration. It would appear that Cunt has crossed over into the same parallel universe that 42 lives in. As Hermit has pointed out on numerous occasions, illegal crossings have actually been declining for a couple decades. I think asylum applications have actually gone up, but if we would just go back to how things were pre-Trump, we wouldn't have this situation at the border.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:33 am

Cunt wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:15 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:35 am
It seems he just keeps lying and his supporters don't care.

I wish 42 was here so we could see him contort himself in defence of this. It would be a wonder of nature.
You guys insist no-one likes Trump...
Sean Hayden did say that. Who else? Some might have said he is unpopular, but that is not the same thing. As for myself, I have repeatedly expressed my displeasure regarding the size of Trump's approval rating, most recently here and here.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:38 am

There is no getting over the fact that he has tapped into a substantial pool of Americans that lap his shit up...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:45 am

Except when you're making the point that it's hard to find a safer, easier place to land after leaving Team Trump than Trump hater' s camp. Criticizing Trump isn't exactly like taking on a respected and admired authority.

Jesus, that time I said "no one", never again! :lol:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:26 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:51 am
You clearly didn't read your own link. It stated the law was changed to make it an offence. Until you are operating on the same meaning of words as the rest of us, there's not much point debating further.
Can you hear me this time?
Cunt wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:24 am
Why not say which policy you have a problem with, and what you would prefer to have happen?

Illegal immigration has always been an offense, and remains so everywhere I think. What exactly do you think is new about this situation?
If you aren't willing to make your own position clear, I don't have much time for you.
Seabass wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:12 am
Additionally, Trump ended so-called "catch and release" wherein the migrants would be let into the country and given a court appointment to determine whether or not they're allowed to stay, so instead of entering the country and staying with relatives, they're just piling up in concentration camps and now of course the whole system is severely overloaded.
So it seems you think people should just be allowed to cross into the US, and choose whether they come to a later court date or not?

How is this different than open borders?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:31 pm

Cunt wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:26 pm
So it seems you think people should just be allowed to cross into the US, and choose whether they come to a later court date or not?
No. That's what you think I think.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:48 pm

Seabass wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:31 pm
Cunt wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:26 pm
No. That's what you think I think.
So clear it up for me. Should they be:
1. killed upon attempted illegal crossing
2. held for lawful processing and released into the US only when they have lawful reason to be there (i.e. immigration status) - deported immediately otherwise
3. given a court date and released into the US on their word they will attend
4. Immediate deportation, with no holding facilities

If not one of those, lay it out for me.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:59 pm

The vast majority of them attend their hearings. A small percentage don't, but there are reasonable measures that can be taken to get that number lower that don't involve piling them all into concentration camps.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:33 pm

Seabass wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:59 pm
The vast majority of them attend their hearings. A small percentage don't,h
Where did you get these claims? Are they based on something concrete?

Because it looks like a LOT of people are in the US illegally, and it would be easy enough to find out by asking everyone, but there seemed to be a problem with asking about citizenship on a census...
but there are reasonable measures that can be taken to get that number lower that don't involve piling them all into concentration camps.
What are those? I mean, should they be given a plane ticket to the country of their choice? Marched to the border and tossed into Mexico?

What reasonable measures would you suggest, Seabass?

And would you change those measures if it turned out that the 'small percentage' you describe, turned out to be too many people?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:25 pm

Trump’s New Favorite Channel Employs Kremlin-Paid Journalist
Kristian Rouz appears on segments for One America News Network—ironic given he is working for a Russian outlet fingered in the 2016 election attack.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/oan-trump ... journalist

If the stories broadcast by the Trump-endorsed One America News Network sometimes look like outtakes from a Kremlin trolling operation, there may be a reason. One of the on-air reporters at the 24-hour network is a Russian national on the payroll of the Kremlin’s official propaganda outlet, Sputnik.

Kristian Brunovich Rouz, originally from the Siberian city of Novosibirsk, has been living in San Diego, where OAN is based, since August 2017, reporting on U.S. politics for the 24-hour news channel. For all of that time, he’s been simultaneously writing for Sputnik, a Kremlin-owned news wire that played a role in Russia’s 2016 election-interference operation, according to an assessment by the U.S. intelligence community.

Rouz’s on-air reports for OAN include a wholly fabricated 2017 segment claiming Hillary Clinton is secretly bankrolling antifa through her political action committee. Clinton, Rouz claimed falsely, gave antifa protesters $800,000 that “went toward things like bricks, hammers, bats, and chains.”

Other smears target billionaire financier George Soros, a longtime Kremlin bête noire. In one segment, Rouz amplified a thoroughly debunked claim that Soros collaborated with the Nazis during World War II, when the Jewish philanthropist was 14 years old. Another Rouz story accused Soros of secretly funding migrant caravans.

Kremlin propaganda sometimes sneaks into Rouz’s segments on unrelated matters, dropped in as offhand background information. A segment on the Syrian rescue workers known as the White Helmets references “allegations of the White Helmets’ involvement in military activities, executions, and numerous war atrocities,” but doesn’t disclose that those “allegations” were hoaxes that originated with Vladimir Putin and his proxies.

more: https://www.thedailybeast.com/oan-trump ... journalist

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:30 pm

Does the media ever have to choose between promoting a racism, over promoting a less exciting story, for adbux? Could the media be manipulative and motivated by something other than altruism?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Seabass wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:25 pm
Trump’s New Favorite Channel Employs Kremlin-Paid Journalist
Kristian Rouz appears on segments for One America News Network—ironic given he is working for a Russian outlet fingered in the 2016 election attack.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/oan-trump ... journalist

If the stories broadcast by the Trump-endorsed One America News Network sometimes look like outtakes from a Kremlin trolling operation, there may be a reason. One of the on-air reporters at the 24-hour network is a Russian national on the payroll of the Kremlin’s official propaganda outlet, Sputnik.

Kristian Brunovich Rouz, originally from the Siberian city of Novosibirsk, has been living in San Diego, where OAN is based, since August 2017, reporting on U.S. politics for the 24-hour news channel. For all of that time, he’s been simultaneously writing for Sputnik, a Kremlin-owned news wire that played a role in Russia’s 2016 election-interference operation, according to an assessment by the U.S. intelligence community.

Rouz’s on-air reports for OAN include a wholly fabricated 2017 segment claiming Hillary Clinton is secretly bankrolling antifa through her political action committee. Clinton, Rouz claimed falsely, gave antifa protesters $800,000 that “went toward things like bricks, hammers, bats, and chains.”

Other smears target billionaire financier George Soros, a longtime Kremlin bête noire. In one segment, Rouz amplified a thoroughly debunked claim that Soros collaborated with the Nazis during World War II, when the Jewish philanthropist was 14 years old. Another Rouz story accused Soros of secretly funding migrant caravans.

Kremlin propaganda sometimes sneaks into Rouz’s segments on unrelated matters, dropped in as offhand background information. A segment on the Syrian rescue workers known as the White Helmets references “allegations of the White Helmets’ involvement in military activities, executions, and numerous war atrocities,” but doesn’t disclose that those “allegations” were hoaxes that originated with Vladimir Putin and his proxies.

more: https://www.thedailybeast.com/oan-trump ... journalist
This is a dumb question, but what's our official propaganda outlet?