Notorious RBG Retirement?

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Notorious RBG Retirement?

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:15 pm

Could it be that the Dems can get a more centrist or even liberal replacement of RBG, if they agree to cave in on Trump's wall?

Who might her replacement be?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Re: Notorious RBG Retirement?

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:19 pm

She's so "badass."
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:20 pm

Maybe she was praying?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:21 pm

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:40 pm

many of the judge names that have been floated so far are women: Amy Coney Barrett, Joan Larsen, Amul Thapar, Raymond Kethledge, Britt Grant; Thomas Hardiman, and Neomi Rao.

Ginsburg has said before that she has no plans of retiring anytime soon. When commenting on her former fellow Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens serving on the court until he was 90 years old, Ginsburg said, “[H]e stepped down when he was 90, so I think I have about at least five more years.”

She has otherwise said that she “will do this job as long as [she] can do it full steam.”
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/pr ... -ginsburg/

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:07 pm

Trump will likely appoint a chick this time. Amy Coney Barrett or Joan Larsen look like top choices for him at this point. They will definitely outrage the left. So, if he wants a wall, I think this might be his way to make a deal. Let the Left get something they want here.

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:17 pm

42 always keeping it classy.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:21 pm

Check out the make fun of trump threads (multiple) that have been raging for three (3) years without stop. If you find that kind of funnin' to be classier than the above, I guess that's your call. But, Democrats and Lefties get to be mocked and made fun of, too. Every time, though, someone has to white-knight, and wag fingers, because this -- this - is over the line.

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:25 pm

Indeed. Trump is a class act deserving of class and all the respect he personally and demonstrably affords the Office of the President.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:29 pm

Don't mock Democrats or anyone on the Left! Even if they fall asleep during the State of the Union! Their efforts are just too important....

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Oh. I thought this thread was going to be about the Primary Colours... :prof:

:whistle:
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:34 pm

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:40 pm

Stupid-Leftists-Schumer-and-Pelosi-rebuttal-5.jpg
weekend at ginsburg's

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:40 pm

Alan B wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:30 pm
Oh. I thought this thread was going to be about the Primary Colours... :prof:

:whistle:
I expected some new power saving scheme whereby we must abandon our red, blue, and green, displays for a new fangled "low consumption" system.

The new displays cost 10 times more and drastically increase toxic chemicals released into the environment, but if you own them for 25 years you see a small net savings!

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:41 am

Forty Two wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:21 pm
Check out the make fun of trump threads (multiple) that have been raging for three (3) years without stop. If you find that kind of funnin' to be classier than the above, I guess that's your call. But, Democrats and Lefties get to be mocked and made fun of, too. Every time, though, someone has to white-knight, and wag fingers, because this -- this - is over the line.
RBG just got out of surgery to have a cancerous growth removed. Trump mocks disabled people, steals children from parents, incites violence, sows division, and stokes fear and hatred. How sick, vile, and stupid someone must be to find any sort of equivalence here. You're probably one of those white guys who thinks it's unfair that black people are allowed to say the n-word and white people aren't. God you're pathetic.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka