BREXIT! BREXIT! BREXIT!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: BREXIT! BREXIT! BREXIT!

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:08 pm

When people get out of the depths it is really pathetic. Is it not TB.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:15 pm

Brexit, boys, focus on brexit

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:18 pm

I wish some could but broken toys in the play pen require so much attention for some.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:33 pm

Unsupported claim.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:51 pm

Parroting TB.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:05 am

Unsupported claim.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:17 pm

‘Only yourselves to blame’: UK’s shortages seen from abroad
US and European media give their verdict on the fuel, food and labour crisis they say is caused by Brexit

overnment ministers may insist it is “wrong” to blame Brexit for Britain’s fuel, food and labour shortages, but for the rest of Europe – and beyond – there is only one reason why the UK’s crisis is so very much worse than anywhere else’s.

“One is tempted to tell the British: ‘You have only yourselves to blame,’” said Gabi Kostorz on ARD’s Tagesthemen, a leading German news show. “We tried to talk you out of it, but you decided otherwise. Now you have to face the consequences.”

Der Spiegel agreed, saying the UK had left the EU “to ‘regain control’” but now, when the promised post-pandemic economic upswing should be beginning, seemed to be experiencing “the exact opposite: an unprecedented loss of control.”

Perhaps the sharpest outside view of Britain’s woes came, however, in a New Yorker cartoon. “The shortages are all British made and British owned,” Boris Johnson is shown as saying. “And that’s something we can be incredibly proud of.”

Britain was suffering more than most from global supply chain problems mainly because EU workers had left and strict Brexit immigration rules meant no more could now come in, Der Spiegel said, creating labour shortages “everywhere where the work is hard, dirty and poorly paid”.

Economically isolated, the country faces “an autumn of discontent for which Brexit is not the only reason, but a key one”, it said. “The government, however, insists none of this has anything to do with leaving the EU, sticking defiantly to its Brexit success story – even if its statements are getting more and more bizarre.”

ARD’s Kostorz concurred. Oddly, she said, for the British government Brexit “is just not among the possible causes. It’s ‘Don’t mention the B word.’” For ministers and for much of the media, “responsibility lies anywhere but with themselves”.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:09 pm

Maybe we need to send Westpakete to the UK ;)

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

No salami for me. I'm a vegetarian. But I can turn a blind eye to non-vegetarian beers, wines, and spirits though. :whistle:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:00 pm

NineBerry wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:09 pm
Maybe we need to send Westpakete to the UK ;)
You don't, but maybe people in Canada, Oz, NZ, and the rest of the commonwealth should.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:12 pm

LIz and her bloody Commonwealth. Just an illusion as Johnson is finding out. Another that will collapse when Liz kicks her clogs.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:19 pm

The Tories are cheering the voyage to a Brexit promised land that doesn’t exist
Rafael Behr wrote:Boris Johnson’s foreign policy is a combination of pompous internationalism and wilful parochialism

One of the first comedy routines I can remember seeing was Les Dawson, on some Saturday night light entertainment show, playing the piano badly, which he did well. It takes mastery of the music to get the right notes wrong.

It is the technique that Boris Johnson uses when speaking French. “Prenez un grip,” was his response to fury in Paris at the Aukus security deal with Australia and the US that was agreed behind French backs. “Donnez-moi un break,” the prime minister added.

Regular viewers of the “Boris” show are familiar with his franglais routine. The international audience is no longer shocked by vaudevillian theatrics from the prime minister of a formerly serious country. As with Dawson’s fat-finger piano shtick, Johnson knows what proper diplomacy should sound like, which is how he is able to get it so precisely wrong.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:06 am

The UK is learning the hard way in plenty of areas:

Britain is learning the hard way that migration can’t be turned on or off like a tap
Daniel Trilling wrote:The Tories assumed that people from less wealthy countries were desperate to come to the UK for work – that wasn’t the case

The Conservatives are trying to draw a new dividing line in British politics: wages versus immigration. Boris Johnson used his speech at last week’s conference to position the Tories as the party of higher wages, promising a departure from the UK’s old economic model, which he claimed used “uncontrolled” immigration as “an excuse for failure to invest in people, in skills and in the equipment or machinery they need to do their jobs”.

The logic is brutal but simple. Johnson is attempting to recast a supply chain crisis caused partly by shortages of HGV drivers and agricultural workers as temporary pain in the service of long-term gain. In this new telling, the shortages will wean the UK off low-skilled immigrant labour that once came via EU freedom of movement, thus fulfilling one of the key promises of Brexit.

By contrast, Johnson suggests, his Labour opponents are stuck in the past. Lighting on Keir Starmer’s recent suggestion that the government’s temporary visa scheme for HGV drivers should be expanded to 100,000 places, the Conservatives have formulated a new attack line. “Vote Tory to get a pay rise, vote Labour to see mass immigration drive your wages down,” as one government source recently put it.

Yet to frame the debate in this way gives the false impression that migration is something that can be turned on and off like a tap. For the Conservatives, this framing may well be convenient, but in the absence of a wider economic strategy, it is unlikely to provide any lasting solution to the problem of UK wages, which are largely flat since the global financial crisis of 2008. For Labour, it risks trapping the party in political territory where only the right’s arguments are likely to succeed.

EU workers’ lack of enthusiasm for the new visa scheme – there are currently 5,000 places for HGV drivers, and another 5,500 for poultry workers – was greeted with a fair deal of surprise in the Westminster bubble, but it really shouldn’t have been. As Yva Alexandrova – an expert on migration policy and author of Here to Stay, a forthcoming book on the experiences of eastern European immigrants in the UK – told me: “It was quite insulting in a way. It’s like, we’ve kicked you out [but] now we need you for three months and then we’re going to kick you out again.”
The tories really still believe that migrants want to go the UK. Only asylum seekers are; for the benefits they can pick up.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:26 am

Tories as the higher wages party? Is he joking, or just talking about the City financial execs?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:37 am

Well they thought they could use migrants to control wages. The pure arrogance of these gits and now they have been told to FO. The UK was only interesting when it was in the EU because of the corruption. Now it is a dump off the coast of mainland Europe and not going anywhere.

RULE BRITANNIA :ab: :hehe: :hehe: