BREXIT! BREXIT! BREXIT!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: BREXIT! BREXIT! BREXIT!

Post by Svartalf » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:39 am

looks like it the more things go along... the deadline of the EU Elections campaign makes things even worse, because it would indeed be a nonsense to have UK still in the EU by then.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:40 am

Hopefully an end will have come.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:44 am

Unless that end is a good kick in the UK's collective arse and out whether they subscribe to May's agreement or no, I doubt so.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:47 am

No? No deal is coming.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:51 am

you said it.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:47 am

Svartalf wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:44 am
Unless that end is a good kick in the UK's collective arse and out whether they subscribe to May's agreement or no, I doubt so.
May will be out soon.
Then the UK will ask for a longer extension to hold another referendum, or election.

:ab: Fun times :ab:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:03 pm

22nd of May is the very final extension for no deal which is meant to give the UK more administrative time for no deal preparations. There is none beyond that. All those boats have been burnt. The Brexiteers are still in charge with or without May. I doubt they will get rid of her. She is doing a great job for the Brexiteers.
The only alternative which so long the Brexiteers are in charge will never happen is revoking art 50. If anyone thinks that will happen without any consequences have another think.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:18 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:03 pm
The only alternative which so long the Brexiteers are in charge will never happen is revoking art 50. If anyone thinks that will happen without any consequences have another think.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

A lot of Brits disagree with you.
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:37 pm

A lot agree though. The petition is becoming a bit of a laugh because it is easily open to false voting and has lost its validity.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:48 pm

Please point to a source for the assertion. It is not considered a laugh here I assure you.

It won't make any difference in any case. The result of the referendum is what matters and in the remote chance of another one, the results of that too.

As to the deadline - the European elections are a factor. The mayhem here if EU elections were to be held in the middle of the current mess is not worth contemplating.

Happy you are enjoying yourself chortling away at the pain your home - rather abandoned home country is going through.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:56 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:37 pm
A lot agree though. The petition is becoming a bit of a laugh because it is easily open to false voting and has lost its validity.
Only from the tabloids, and the "No Deal" camp.

The results correlate very closely by constituency with the referendum results - which would not be the case if there was significant false voting. On top of which this is a government site, and they are bound to take the results seriously.
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:13 pm

Rum wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:48 pm
Please point to a source for the assertion. It is not considered a laugh here I assure you.

It won't make any difference in any case. The result of the referendum is what matters and in the remote chance of another one, the results of that too.

As to the deadline - the European elections are a factor. The mayhem here if EU elections were to be held in the middle of the current mess is not worth contemplating.

Happy you are enjoying yourself chortling away at the pain your home - rather abandoned home country is going through.
The are plenty of reports of the validity of the petition. You cant take it seriously.
I agree it makes bugger all difference.

The deadline of 22nd of May was only for as described as a buffer for further no deal preparations. May's deal will not be passed by the 12th of April as it will not be presented to Parliament. Unless a new plan and request for extension is forth coming before the 12th of April no deal will come into operation which will suit the Brexiteers down to the ground.

Rum will you please forget about the chortling at present moment I have more important things on my mind such how to live longer than five years. I follow this not because the country I left is turning into the mess it is but more as student of the EU where I have happily lived for fifty years.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:25 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:A lot agree though. The petition is becoming a bit of a laugh because it is easily open to false voting and has lost its validity.
Nonsense. That's just conspiracy theory thinking. The petition isn't a vote, it's just an indication of public sentiment - as well as being the largest, fastest growing petition on the government website, by quite a margin. You might as well say that the 1m+ people who took to the streets in London last weekend, the largest public protest in UK history, doesn't mean anything coz it's open to false protestors.

Petition signatures: 5,769,192
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:33 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:13 pm
Rum wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:48 pm

The are plenty of reports of the validity of the petition. You cant take it seriously.
I agree it makes bugger all difference.

The deadline of 22nd of May was only for as described as a buffer for further no deal preparations. May's deal will not be passed by the 12th of April as it will not be presented to Parliament. Unless a new plan and request for extension is forth coming before the 12th of April no deal will come into operation which will suit the Brexiteers down to the ground.

Rum will you please forget about the chortling at present moment I have more important things on my mind such how to live longer than five years. I follow this not because the country I left is turning into the mess it is but more as student of the EU where I have happily lived for fifty years.
Your health is of course a priority and best wishes too - hope all goes well.

However you might wish to ponder the fact that you consistently paint the blackest picture of the UK/brexit mess and often appear to take great glee in it. There are people living through this shit here. It ain’t much fun.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:45 am

"The Maybat has turned into HAL from 2001." :|
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT