How idiotic is a country that shuts itself down

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: How idiotic is a country that shuts itself down

Post by Cunt » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:37 am

The original topic here reminds me of something.

It turns out that long vacations, even if you save up and earn them, aren't a very good thing. Most places, once they realize that they have been without your assistance for 5 weeks, they start wondering just how useful you are.

This is happening in memes, of course, but I wonder if it's happening really. There are some fatty bits to government, to put it mildly. Is this going to show more of them?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:56 am

Plus, after 5 weeks you say to yourself "why do I want to go back to that Mongolian cluster fuck for again?"
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:05 am

When I was teaching, we had nearly 7 weeks of summer holidays, plus another 6 weeks (in the form of 3 fortnight term breaks)

Still not enough, of course... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:24 pm

Seabass wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:17 am

Spoken like a true conservative. No fucks given if it doesn't affect you.
Understanding the reality and putting it in perspective, rather than acting in hysterics, is not "conservative." Just because you like to go crazy over issues without perspective, that doesn't make me conservative, and it certainly doesn't make you liberal.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:08 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:24 pm
Seabass wrote:

Understanding the reality and putting it in perspective, rather than acting in hysterics, is not "conservative." Just because you like to go crazy over issues without perspective, that doesn't make me conservative, and it certainly doesn't make you liberal.
Your perspective is fucked. You're hysterical over purple haired lesbians, refugees, and trannies using the ladies' room. I'm hysterical over the destruction of our planet. I'd say my hysteria is a bit more justified than yours.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:03 am

Canada air traffic controllers buy pizzas for unpaid US colleagues
Canadian air traffic controllers have bought hundreds of pizzas for their American counterparts over the past few days in what has become an industry-wide show of support during the US government’s partial shutdown.

Peter Duffey, the head of the Canadian Air Traffic Control Association, said the initiative began on Thursday when employees at Edmonton’s control centre took up a collection to buy pies for controllers in Anchorage, Alaska. Other facilities across Canada decided to join in, and the idea snowballed.

“The next thing we knew, our members were buying pizzas left, right and center for the colleagues in the US,” Duffey said. “As it stands right now, I believe we’re up to 36 facilities that have received pizza from Canada, and that number is growing by the hour.”

Some 10,000 air traffic controllers in the United States have been working without pay since late December due to the ongoing government shutdown.

Duffey estimated that as of Sunday afternoon, some 300 pizzas had been received by American controllers, many of whom took to social media to express their gratitude...
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:18 am

Seabass wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:08 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Seabass wrote:

Your perspective is fucked. You're hysterical over purple haired lesbians, refugees, and trannies using the ladies' room. I'm hysterical over the destruction of our planet. I'd say my hysteria is a bit more justified than yours.
Funny, I haven't found anything he has written hysterical about those subjects. I agree with you about your hysteria though.

It's reminds me of a story from my youth...about the sky falling...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:01 pm

Seabass wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Seabass wrote:

Absolutely not. You, again, don't bother reading what people write before you make your stupid-ass comments.

Trannies using ladies rooms? I have no problem at all with people using whatever bathroom they like. If a female to male transexual wants to come in the men's room while I'm shaking hands with the governor, go right ahead. I'm not shy. If a male to female transexual wants to go in the ladies room for some reason, then feel free. The only thing I've ever said about that is that I UNDERSTAND how some biological females are freaked out by it, because many have told me. If they see a biological male in the ladies' room, it can make them uncomfortable.

I'm not sure why that is me being hysterical. We went through the last several years where feminists themselves were saying we need to understand how common it is for women to clutch their purse and feel real fear of a man when he's walking toward them down the street. We were to feel empathy to women who get afraid just by being in an elevator with a man. Men needed to learn to diffuse this fear by not going on the elevator with a lone female, by moving aside to make room for women, by not talking to or approaching women in places that might creep women out. However, to suggest that one understands that women sometimes feel uncomfortable in a restroom if biological males come in there - that's hysterics? Fuck off, man. Stop being ridiculous.

And, refugees? I have no truck with refugees, and I want the US to help as many of them as possible. However, I understand the difference between a migrant and refugee, and I actually know (unlike you) the legal definition of a refugee (and asylee). I want them helped, which is precisely why I am in favor of an orderly, controlled immigration process which properly addresses refugees, while properly admitting non-refugees in accordance with defined acceptable visa categories (like every fucking first world country does).

And, I can give a rats ass about purple hair or lesbians. Far left extremists, communists, and violent anarchists, well, that's another story. I hate those dipishits regardless of hair color or sexual preference.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:22 pm

trump making stuff up.jpg
trump making stuff up.jpg (46 KiB) Viewed 2069 times
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:20 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:56 pm

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:46 am

Minor inconvenience. No biggie.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:57 am

Oh good - what I thought - no biggie.

Is there a weird rule where if a useless bureaucrat is on furlough for so many days, they can be let go?

Glad it's no big deal. No time for videos right now. Just finished a gooder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR2XLUfoH7k
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:35 pm

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:41 pm

Seabass wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Seabass wrote:

:lol:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.