How idiotic is a country that shuts itself down

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: How idiotic is a country that shuts itself down

Post by JimC » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:59 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:19 am
How often do they do this? I know both sides do it, and the claims are that the Dems tend to do it more, but if it is a tactic abused by both sides, it kind of needs pointing out at times like this.

Wasn't the last hissyfit shutdown the one where they made everyone take Obamacare?
If you read the first post in the thread, you would know that I was castigating the idiocy of a political system that permits this to happen, rather than any particular player.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:29 pm

Just shows how dire the average American's financial situation is, they've missed (I think) one paycheck since the shutdown and they're skint. I read that something like 75% of Americans can't cover an unexpected $1000 expense. But everybody has an unlimited cell plan and a new iPhone or S9, and 100M internet, and cable TV, and a new car, and .....

But i'm an old dinosaur who doesn't understand that all those things are necessities.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:41 pm

JimC wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:59 pm
Cunt wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:19 am
How often do they do this? I know both sides do it, and the claims are that the Dems tend to do it more, but if it is a tactic abused by both sides, it kind of needs pointing out at times like this.

Wasn't the last hissyfit shutdown the one where they made everyone take Obamacare?
If you read the first post in the thread, you would know that I was castigating the idiocy of a political system that permits this to happen, rather than any particular player.
If you limited their available tools to a lectern, they would find a way to use THAT to push their agendas, and get in the way.

I don't know why it is such a big deal to the Dems, that they will shut the government over it, but it's hilarious how well it plays into Trumps hands. They really are losing the publicity battle, and he isn't even playing that hard.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:59 pm

laklak wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:29 pm
Just shows how dire the average American's financial situation is, they've missed (I think) one paycheck since the shutdown and they're skint. I read that something like 75% of Americans can't cover an unexpected $1000 expense. But everybody has an unlimited cell plan and a new iPhone or S9, and 100M internet, and cable TV, and a new car, and .....

But i'm an old dinosaur who doesn't understand that all those things are necessities.
There's something to that. But honestly, you ain't sitting pretty with a boat and house because you ate mac'n cheese 7 days a week. At some point in your life your income jumped up.

For many Americans that hasn't happened and it doesn't look like it's ever going to happen. I knew guys in retail who had worked for 15+ years at the same company and were making less than 15 bucks an hour! Worse, these companies love to get rid of full-time employees and that means getting rid of people who've put in the most time with the company.

While my first tech job started at 30 a year and was at 45 within 3 years. That's not a lot of money, but I hardly worked too, and it sure beat working my ass off for nothing.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:25 pm

Cunt wrote:

...I don't know why it is such a big deal to the Dems, that they will shut the government over it...
What a ridiculous statement. Trump made the decision to shut down the government, a petulant action by a spoiled brat. No doubt, in the past, democrats have also made stupid decisions to shut down government, but this time, it's Trump - he owns the shut down, his own words...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:42 pm

JimC wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:25 pm
Cunt wrote:

...I don't know why it is such a big deal to the Dems, that they will shut the government over it...
What a ridiculous statement. Trump made the decision to shut down the government, a petulant action by a spoiled brat. No doubt, in the past, democrats have also made stupid decisions to shut down government, but this time, it's Trump - he owns the shut down, his own words...
He did. I like blaming the Dems (it really is both their faults...) because it triggers lefties.

The 'Orange-Man-Bad' group is hilarious.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:30 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:59 pm
There's something to that. But honestly, you ain't sitting pretty with a boat and house because you ate mac'n cheese 7 days a week. At some point in your life your income jumped up.

For many Americans that hasn't happened and it doesn't look like it's ever going to happen. I knew guys in retail who had worked for 15+ years at the same company and were making less than 15 bucks an hour! Worse, these companies love to get rid of full-time employees and that means getting rid of people who've put in the most time with the company.

While my first tech job started at 30 a year and was at 45 within 3 years. That's not a lot of money, but I hardly worked too, and it sure beat working my ass off for nothing.
Yeah that's true, it was basically the work in the mideast that did it. What I did do was refuse to live on credit. Paid off my student loans as fast as I could and never bought anything on time except the first house and one car, got my first cell phone (other than a work phone they paid for) in 2006.

Though I could actually eat mac and cheese 7 days a week, 'cuz I make one motherfucker of a mac-n-cheese. With bacon.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:39 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:42 pm
JimC wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:25 pm
Cunt wrote:

He did. I like blaming the Dems (it really is both their faults...) because it triggers lefties.

The 'Orange-Man-Bad' group is hilarious.
Wasn't it you telling us that you can't label groups unless the people in it self-identify? You've basically become what you used to rail against (people labelling others as alt-right).
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:49 pm

Identity politics IS a pretty stupid game, but how else to classify us lefties, aside from lumping them together by voting habits?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:57 pm

I'm talking about the NPC thing, dolt.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:10 pm

If it looks like an NPC, and quacks like an NPC...

Tell me, what is the nicest thing you have found about Trump?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:11 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:10 pm
If it looks like an NPCalt-right, and quacks like an NPCalt-right...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:16 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:11 pm
Cunt wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:10 pm
If it looks like an NPCalt-right, and quacks like an NPCalt-right...
Yeah, except that I have not ever voted 'right'...

I was talking about people who vote left (including myself) not about people who have ideas I disagree with.

If someone has different ideas than you, you have a hard time seeing their humanity. Why not try to find someone who disagrees with you on something important, AND try to see them as a loving, respectful human being?

It's been a good education for me.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:18 pm

What in the fuck are you on about? :think: You said we can't label people as alt-right unless they self identify. You then label people as NPCs, despite them not self identifying.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:22 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:18 pm
What in the fuck are you on about? :think: You said we can't label people as alt-right unless they self identify. You then label people as NPCs, despite them not self identifying.
The NPC label is easily dissipated...by saying something one of those 'NPC's' couldn't say.

In this context, it's saying something positive about Trump's changes.

Go ahead. Give it a try. Tell us about the thing you do respect about his actions since becoming president.

Or keep sounding like an echo of CNN. Whatever feels right to you.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: