UN Compact on migration

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

UN Compact on migration

Post by Cunt » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:50 pm

This agreement, and its signing, seems to have created a bunch of disagreement.

I've skimmed the text of the Compact so as to understand it.

Many have claimed it is not binding, enforceable or even significant.

If so, why then are so many people opposing it? Belgium's PM was fired (by a no-confidence vote) over this. There are protests taking place all over the world against this 'non-binding' Compact and the insistence that it is not binding is one of the reasons I find it worrying. I guess I don't think people are taking it seriously enough.

With that in mind, I thought we could count buzzwords. Whenever I read government or NGO documents containing these words, I bristle at their changing meanings and relevance.

I couldn't post the whole text, but here is the https://refugeesmigrants.un.org/sites/d ... ration.pdf to the doc.

So on to the scores!
Human Rights - 58
Inclusive - 11
Inclusion - 12
Empower - 13
Sustainable - 45
Discrimination - 18
Gender-responsive - 17
Stakeholders - 34
Evidence-based - 10
Environment[environmental - 10

Am I missing any popular government-ese buzzwords?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Re: UN Compact on migration

Post by Rum » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:01 pm

Migration is going to increase potentially exponentially as climate change kicks in and societies become less stable. I guess the UN feels it has to try to set some ground rules. That doesn’t mean they are going to be complied with. It hardly ever does with the UN, but they can claim the high ground ethically at least. Meanwhile the emerging ‘right’ is reflecting the disquiet of many nations about the realities of all this and are rebelling. The use of the word ‘orderly’ fairly frequently in the document, does perhaps indicate their concern at the potential for chaos.

We ain’t seen nothing yet.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: UN Compact on migration

Post by Cunt » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:16 pm

Good catch!

Orderly - 20

Is it 'orderly' to add enough migrants to a community to double their homicide rate? Triple? Who decides what is 'orderly'?

What if (like Canada) brown people are used as a sub-class of workers? (Canadians use of the Temporary Foreign Worker program is shameful)
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.