WTF is going in in France Svarty?

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: WTF is going in in France Svarty?

Post by Hermit » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:55 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:30 am
Oh, and the Belgian PM who just got fired...I'm guessing that is ALSO not about this UN thingie everyone is signing
The PM offered his resignation. Ultimately that is definitely down to the "UN thingie".
Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel has offered his resignation just days after one of his main coalition partners quit in a row over migration.

Mr Michel lost the backing of the nationalist New Flemish Alliance (N-VA) over his support for a UN migration deal signed in Marrakech last week. [...]

Mr Michel, 42, took office in October 2014 after forming a right-wing coalition, becoming at 38 the country's youngest prime minister since 1841.

He announced his intention to resign on Tuesday following a debate in parliament in which opposition parties refused calls to support his minority government.
(Linkiepoo)

What of it? Got any links for your allegations, like these two?
Cunt wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:25 pm
in Canada, because of the human rights tribunals, you are not allowed to speak out on certain issues. Not 'alarmist' at all, but plain fact.

If you disagree, it's simple really. Start a business or news organization in Canada, and say those things. You WILL be ruined by the Human Rights Commission, with no legal recourse, no matter what the facts around your opinion are.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:44 am

Of course Cunt and 42 have FA knowledge of the very complicated democratic political Belgium system. Europe to them is just a left wing conspiracy. They do not have one clue about it. They dont have a clue about UHC, education and social services. They have this illusion about free speech is great in America. Well go to any redneck area in America and put up anti Trump signs and see how long you would last.

This may be a tv series but those three minutes are absolutely true; just do a fact-check.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:39 pm

Rum wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:30 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:50 pm
Rum wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:40 pm
There seems to be a basic misunderstanding in this thread about the EU’s approach to immigration. Within the EU itself all borders are open and people from one member country are free to travel and live if they want in any other.

The overall policy for immigration into the EU from outside member states boils down to welcoming those who the economy needs at any given time.
Why why... that's racist! If you want to avoid Auschwitz level of Nazism, you really need to admit anyone coming for a better life. Immigration from poor countries and unskilled labor passing illegally into your country is a net gain for your economies. That's what we paltry Merkins are told, anyway.

Jeez, it's like you have a border and rules for admission, and you expect people to follow those rules.... I didn't think any civilized country acted so horrendously.
Rum wrote:
The problem arises from the fact that the EU has so many borders and there are so many routes in from the Middle East and North Africa,. Most illegal migrants are economic ones seeking a better life. Who can blame them.
Nobody, and since you have it so good in Europe, there is no reason to deport them or deny them entry. Immigration only helps a nation grow more diverse and stronger.
Rum wrote:
It is true to say that hardly anyone believes open uncontrolled immigration into the EU is a good thing.
That's racist, isn't it? I mean, you're just excluding black and brown bodies, and stating that they have less of a right to live in a safe, healthy environment than you do. If families come, children and grandparents in tow, the only sensible thing is to admit them into the country, and let them reside (on the public dole if necessary) until their asylum or other visa claims are administered. And, since children are not to blame, anyone with children should be allowed to stay. By sending them back, you'd be condemning children to a life of squalor. That wouldn't be cricket.
What the fuck is the matter with you? Of course none of it is racist. You may be being rhetorical to make a point but controlling borders has nothing to do with racism, unless of course you make it that. I suspect that is what ypu would like.
Just transfer that point to the discussions of the American immigration threads.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:57 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:46 pm
Cunt wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:39 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:31 pm
Cunt wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:25 pm
JimC wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:19 pm
in reality draconian restrictions are not going to happen, no matter how the alarmists rabbit on...
So in Canada, because of the human rights tribunals, you are not allowed to speak out on certain issues. Not 'alarmist' at all, but plain fact.
You've been repeatedly asked to back up this bollocks, and never do.

I await the list of rhetorical questions.
https://aclj.org/human-rights/european- ... h-to-islam
The Regional Court convicted Ms. E.S. for “disparaging religious doctrines” and ordered her “to pay the costs of the proceedings and a day-fine of 4 euros (EUR) for a period of 120 days (amounting to 480 EUR in total), which would result in sixty days’ imprisonment in the event of default.” Although Ms. E.S. provided evidence from the Islamic texts which were consistent with her statements regarding Aisha’s age at the time of her marriage and consummation thereof, the court considered her statements to be “value judgments not intended to promote productive discussion” and not statements of fact.
It doesn't take long to find any.

Your notion that the Human Rights commision/tribunals have no teeth is either naive or stupid.
That's Europe, not Canada. And it's hate speech, not the pronoun bollocks you usually go on about.
There was a bunch of this stuff of which Cunt talks about a few years back. But, after some fights, free speech won out when Section 13 was held unconstitutional in Canada. One of the most prominent cases was Ezra Levant's prosecution by the Human Rights Commission for reprinting the famous "Danish Mohamet Cartoons" in the Western Standard. However, many blogs and mainstream publications in Canada were hauled before the commissions to defend their publications against allegations of hate speech.

I don't think there is much in the way of hate speech law in canada anymore, thankfully. Cunt maybe can correct me if I'm wrong. I would suggest it is a fair question for Cunt to provide some examples of censorship or chilling of speech resulting not from private people griping about in public, boycotting or protesting - but, rather, stemming from prosecution or threat of prosecution by government entities.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:21 pm
It doesn't matter to you, does it?

You either believe the Human Rights Commission can do things, or that it cannot.

You either believe that the fines they issue must be paid, or that they can be ignored.

You are completely unwilling to look, but I'll give you a link to a video. You can just watch, or you can look into their legal settlements to see what they actually do.

https://vimeo.com/5189274
The problem with using that example, is that I think it predates the finding that Section 13 was unconstitutional, right? They repealed the law that made publishing the Mighty Mo's cartoon images punishable, didn't they?

I am quite interested in what the commission does nowadays, but it is a fair question to ask -- are there recent examples of the commission fining people for saying or writing stuff?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:21 pm
It doesn't matter to you, does it?

You either believe the Human Rights Commission can do things, or that it cannot.

You either believe that the fines they issue must be paid, or that they can be ignored.

You are completely unwilling to look, but I'll give you a link to a video. You can just watch, or you can look into their legal settlements to see what they actually do.

https://vimeo.com/5189274
The problem with using that example, is that I think it predates the finding that Section 13 was unconstitutional, right? They repealed the law that made publishing the Mighty Mo's cartoon images punishable, didn't they?

I am quite interested in what the commission does nowadays, but it is a fair question to ask -- are there recent examples of the commission fining people for saying or writing stuff?

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:23 pm

Human Rights Commission...are you suggesting they don't do 'prosecutions'?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:24 pm

https://www.albertahumanrights.ab.ca/tr ... ocess.aspx
Where the tribunal finds that the complaint has merit, it will order a remedy that may result in one or more of the following outcomes:

stopping the discrimination that the complaint is about
stopping the respondent from contravening the AHR Act in the same or any similar manner in the future
providing the complainant with the rights, opportunities or privileges that were denied because of the discrimination
compensating the complainant for any lost wages, income, expenses or injury to dignity and self-respect because of the discrimination
any other action that the tribunal decides would place the person discriminated against in the position they would have been in if the discrimination had not occurred. This might include, for example, ordering the respondent to pay the complainant damages or ordering the respondent to implement new policies.
The tribunal can also make an order concerning the responsibility for paying the costs involved in bringing the matter before the tribunal.
All parties receive the tribunal's decision. Once a decision is filed with the Court of Queen's Bench, it has the same force and effect as a court decision. Either the complainant or respondent can appeal the tribunal's decision to the Court of Queen's Bench within 30 days of receiving the decision. The director may also appeal the tribunal decision to the Court of Queen's Bench within 30 days, if the CC&T gives the director written approval to do so.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:31 pm

Yes, Cunt - that's helpful. But most discrimination claims involve actions - like denial of service, failure to hire, wrongful dismissal or whatever - what I wold want to see is the commission going after someone because they merely said or wrote something.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:33 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:23 pm
Human Rights Commission...are you suggesting they don't do 'prosecutions'?
No, I'm not suggesting anything.

I've tried to find some prosecutions or reports of same involving people saying or writing things. I can't seem to find any, and you've been asked for examples from others who say that Canada does not squelch free speech.

Now, I agree with you, mind you, that there can be harm to free speech through direct prosecutions and also the chilling effect of the mere threat of it happening. Nevertheless, it's fair to ask for examples.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:39 pm

Are you joining the 'HRC can't really do anything' chain?

They are enforcement - of whatever is on their plate at the moment. I wish you all had taken the time to review Mr. Levants '900 days' vimeo, but I'll find something easier to digest - then leave it.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/alber ... r-boissoin
Boissoin, the full time pastor of a Red Deer youth ministry, wrote a letter to the editor of his hometown newspaper in which he said homosexuality is immoral and physically dangerous for those involved in it. Boissoin particularly criticized the homosexual political lobby that worked to teach children in schools about the practices of the “gay lifestyle”.

Boissoin was upset that “children as young as five and six years of age are being subjected to psychologically and physiologically damaging pro-homosexual literature and guidance in the public school system; all under the fraudulent guise of equal rights.”

In the extrajudicial courts of the Canadian Human Rights Commissions, the complainant’s expenses are paid for by the state, but the defendant must pay for his own defence and the rules of evidence, normal in the regular courts, do not apply. In nearly every case in Canada brought against Christians who criticize the homosexual subculture, the Tribunals have found in the complainant’s favour. A defendant may follow the case up with an appeal to the legal courts, but again must pay his own expenses.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:00 pm

"Homosexual subculture", what's that? White wine and Judy Garland movies?
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:02 pm

there's quite more to it than that, toujgh I'm no expert, even though I live within 500 yards of gaytown
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:08 pm

Acting homosexual in public is just as unacceptable as acting heterosexual in public.

Most places, sex in public is frowned upon.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:07 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:39 pm
Are you joining the 'HRC can't really do anything' chain?
No, I'm just asking if you have any examples of them prosecuting someone for what they wrote and said (after the repeal of Section 13).
Cunt wrote:

They are enforcement - of whatever is on their plate at the moment. I wish you all had taken the time to review Mr. Levants '900 days' vimeo, but I'll find something easier to digest - then leave it.
I watched Ezra Levant's entire interview years ago - however, that's nearly 10 years old. At that time, as I said, the HRC was tasked with investigating hate speech, and you will find examples from 5+ years ago that involve that kind of thing.

However, I don't think there is a hate speech exception to freedom of expression in Canada right now, is there?
Cunt wrote:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/alber ... r-boissoin
Boissoin, the full time pastor of a Red Deer youth ministry, wrote a letter to the editor of his hometown newspaper in which he said homosexuality is immoral and physically dangerous for those involved in it. Boissoin particularly criticized the homosexual political lobby that worked to teach children in schools about the practices of the “gay lifestyle”.

Boissoin was upset that “children as young as five and six years of age are being subjected to psychologically and physiologically damaging pro-homosexual literature and guidance in the public school system; all under the fraudulent guise of equal rights.”

In the extrajudicial courts of the Canadian Human Rights Commissions, the complainant’s expenses are paid for by the state, but the defendant must pay for his own defence and the rules of evidence, normal in the regular courts, do not apply. In nearly every case in Canada brought against Christians who criticize the homosexual subculture, the Tribunals have found in the complainant’s favour. A defendant may follow the case up with an appeal to the legal courts, but again must pay his own expenses.
That's another good example - but it's 11 years old. I think there was a major shift in Canadian law when Section 13 went away.
A private member's bill repealing Section 13 of the Canadian Human Rights Act, which is known as the “hate speech provision,” passed the Senate this week and received Royal Assent. ... But critics of Section 13 said it enabled censorship on the Internet, and are calling its repeal a victory for free speech.
https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... rights-act