Korean MMA Fighter Runs From Ring Girl Fearing Sex Harassment Charge

Jason
Destroyer of words

Re: Korean MMA Fighter Runs From Ring Girl Fearing Sex Harassment Charge

Post by Jason » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:24 pm

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:41 pm

laklak wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:13 pm
He saw the second one and had a moment of Deja Hoe.
:funny:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:56 pm

Rum wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 pm
‘Ring girls’. I mean wtf is that supposed to be? Tittilating eye candy in between bouts of testosterone fuelled violence? The whole thing is ghastly.
To each their own, except those who like combat sports and hot girls.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:03 pm

Look. Don't touch.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:03 pm

Rum wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:18 pm
As social rules evolve and sensitivity to and awareness of issues like sexism and sexual harassment develop there is bound to be uncertainty, ambiguity and hesitation about where the line is at any given time. The videos illustrate that well. The fact that 42 seems to find the circumstances funny says more about his level of understanding of the subtlety of the issues than anything else.
You think I don't understand the subtlety of the issues? LOL. O.k., I'll bite. What is it that you think I don't understand, specifically?

The fact that you would passive-aggressively tell me I lack understanding of the issues, and yet refrain from any and all discussion of the subtleties of said issues, says more about your level of discourse than anything else. :bored:

And, yes, I do find it funny. If you watch the videos, the first video shows the MMA fighter acting quite normally, and the ring girl comes up to him and closes in, and he -- as is fairly common - puts his arm around her back and a hand on her waste. There is no "groping" or inappropriate conduct. When that is juxtaposed against the second video, where he sees the ring girl, and then literally runs away from her - mouthing "don't come here" and waving her away - that and the look on his face is hysterical, yes.

Finding humor in that says nothing at all about anyone's level of understanding of the subtleties of the issues of sexual harassment and sexism.

But again, I'll wait for your description of the subtleties that you are sure I don't understand, because I find the circumstance of this MMA fighter in the video funny.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:06 pm

Rum wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:05 pm
What's your point?
I made no point - I opened a topic of conversation. There are a variety of issues that this incident raises, as I'm sure you're aware (in your next comment you mentioned the subtleties that this incident involves. So, the point would be to start a discussion about the issues related to this incident.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:07 pm

Hermit wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:23 pm
Rum wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:05 pm
What's your point?
The usual: Ragging anything to the left of afternoon tea time.
How so? Where did I rag on anyone?

Is there some way "the left" has some involvement here? What are you referring to?

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:45 pm

It was simply more of your usual implication that "lefty political correctness" is gone crazy... :roll:

(which on occasion I might agree with, but you do bang on about it remorselessly...)
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:12 pm

Well, no more than others here bang on the "right" and "Trump" mercilessly.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:30 pm

I miss Forty-Two.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.