Iceland's Christmas ad banned.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Iceland's Christmas ad banned.

Post by Animavore » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:09 pm

Iceland's Christmas TV advert banned for being too political.

Iceland’s Christmas campaign has been banned from TV because it has been deemed to breach political advertising rules.

As part of its festive campaign the discount supermarket struck a deal with Greenpeace to rebadge an animated short film featuring an orangutan and the destruction of its rainforest habitat at the hands of palm oil growers.

Earlier this year, Iceland became the first major UK supermarket to pledge to remove palm oil from all its own-brand foods. Habitat loss in countries such as Malaysia – a major global producer of palm oil – has contributed to the orangutan now being classified as critically endangered.

Clearcast, the body responsible for vetting ads before they are broadcast to the public, said it was in breach of rules banning political advertising laid down by the 2003 Communications Act.

What bullshit.

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Alan B

Re: Iceland's Christmas ad banned.

Post by Alan B » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:25 pm

Orangutans? What are they for?

Didn't Gawd say that we can do what we like with the Earth? :prof:

As long as we can celebrate Baby Jeebus, sod the rest of the planet. :drunk:
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: Iceland's Christmas ad banned.

Post by laklak » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:44 pm

We don't give a fuck as long as we can buy toxic, processed, fast food so we don't have to shift our lazy fat asses and actually cut up some chicken and veggies. I don't know why most Americans bother with a kitchen, just have a microwave and a convenient McDonalds.

Mrs. Lak has been on a anti-inflammatory thing recently. She's reading all about how horrid processed foods are and what fresh foods and cooking methods fight inflammation and make you live forever. Problem is, that's already what and how I cook.

I admit I used a can of refried beans last night because I forgot to soak the pintos overnight. Probably took a decade off our lives.

They actually sell frozen White Castle burgers at the supermarket. Can't be bothered to get in the car for a shitburger? Just microwave one!
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.