War With Russia

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: War With Russia

Post by JimC » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:01 am

Invasion?

Not at all. We shall join them in crushing the enemies of the people!
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:05 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:12 pm
I really want to hear more from Forty Two about how Hillary is a warmonger and Trump isn't.
Considering Trump hasn't mongered any wars, I'd think this was obvious. Libya was Hillary's baby. She hasn't seen a war she didn't like. Remember, she's so tough she just jumps out of airplanes and ducks her head to avoid the sniper fire.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:06 pm

Tero wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:13 pm
I’d really like Trump to mess up a war. But not with Russia.
Can't happen. Trump is in cohoots with the Russians. They love him. Don't they? Trump is Putin's puppet.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:51 pm

...deleted
Last edited by Jason on Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:52 pm

Jason wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:51 pm
Training kids to kill at Ukrainian nationalist camp
In this July 29, 2018 photo, young participants of the "Temper of will" summer camp, organized by the nationalist Svoboda party, practice tactical formations with AK-47 assault riffles in a village near Ternopil, Ukraine. (AP Photo/Felipe Dana)

KIEV, Ukraine (AP) — The campers, some clad in combat fatigues, carefully aim their assault rifles. Their instructor offers advice: Don’t think of your target as a human being.

So when these boys and girls shoot, they will shoot to kill.

Most are in their teens, but some are as young as 8 years old. They are at a summer camp created by one of Ukraine’s radical nationalist groups, hidden in a forest in the west of the country, that was visited by The Associated Press. The camp has two purposes: to train children to defend their country from Russians and their sympathizers — and to spread nationalist ideology.

“We never aim guns at people,” instructor Yuri “Chornota” Cherkashin tells them. “But we don’t count separatists, little green men, occupiers from Moscow, as people. So we can and should aim at them.”

The nationalists have been accused of violence and racism, but they have played a central, volunteer role in Ukraine’s conflict with Russia — and they have maintained links with the government. Earlier this year, the Ministry of Youth and Sports earmarked 4 million hryvnias (about $150,000) to fund some of the youth camps among the dozens built by the nationalists. The purpose, according to the ministry, is “national patriotic education.”

A camp founded by a Ukrainian nationalist group teaches children to use assault rifles to kill Russians and their sympathizers. They are also being inculcated with nationalist ideology, including derision of LGBT rights. (Nov. 12)

https://apnews.com/94fe1c68205a43ca96fcc89c88a7cc9f