Huddersfield rape gang get a total of 220 years

Alan B

Re: Huddersfirld rape gang get a total of 220 years

Post by Alan B » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:17 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:14 pm
You forget one thing. The difference between islam women and everyone else. You are comparing chalk and cheese.
These non muslim girls are not worth anything in islam. The dress code applies to muslim women.
Just read the koran. For these muslim men these girls were no better than slaves. The koran says enough how you can treat them.
Which is what I think I said:
...if a woman dresses or is perceived to behave contrary to those diktats, then she is considered to be a 'loose woman' and 'fair game' for sexual exploitation.
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:07 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:14 pm
You forget one thing. The difference between islam women and everyone else. You are comparing chalk and cheese.
These non muslim girls are not worth anything in islam. The dress code applies to muslim women.
Just read the koran. For these muslim men these girls were no better than slaves. The koran says enough how you can treat them.
Ah - the expert is at it again I see. Here are some quotes. Perhaps they support your view..or perhaps not?

Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting...

I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

A shameless woman shall be counted as a dog; but she that is shamefaced will fear the Lord.

Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man

Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing...

If the wife intervenes in a conflict between her spouse and another to save him her hand shall be cut off and she should not be pitied

Hopefully in order:
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Colossians 3:18, Genesis 3:16,Eccles.26:25, 1 Timothy 2:11-12, I Corinthians 11:9, Timothy 2:11-15, Deuteronomy 25:11-12

..and here's some positive quotes about women from the Koran...for balance, like
It is all about who is quoting what and their motivation. The Koran may be misogynistic, but so is the Bible. The men in this news story did bad stuff. They almost certainly thought it was more or less OK to do it, just as Xians no doubt have in the past (one thinks of the slave trade for example). Racists and those who want to see society at loggerheads with itself love the idea of blaming a whole religion and thus making all its members at least partly responsible for the outrages of s small number of its members.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:27 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:23 pm
JimC wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:16 am
So, would anybody like to claim that Islam had absolutely zero connection with the actions of these men?
I wouldn't. No more than I would claim things like politics, upbringing, social pressure, class or race had absolutely zero connection with the action of these men. If it turns out that their religious preferences and/or an interpretation of their faith acted as a motive force to this action then I might change my mind - but even then I'd find it difficult to lay the blame at the door of Islam per se let alone at the door of 'every single Muslim in Britain' as the raggedy-right have asserted.
That's why I was trying to make it clear that any critique of Islam in an emotive context like this needs to be very nuanced. Basically, it's the issue I've been banging on about for a while - the very real difficulty of such criticism in an atmosphere where there is so much racism attached to anti-Islam movements. Perhaps Rum is right, in that, even if there is some connection, it's wise to leave it alone, so as not to feed racist hysteria...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:17 pm

Did they say anything during their court hearing about Islam motivating them?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:20 pm

I don't think so - and anything they might have said would be irrelevant, as indeed it should be irrelevant to a criminal investigation and/or prosecution.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:21 pm

No but it would be relevant to any claims that this had something to do with Islam.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:12 pm

Delved about a bit. No, Islam was not addressed as an issue In the trial. Legally then (I.e. from a legal perspective) we can assume it isn’t an issue. Socially of course it is another matter in that any group of individuals shrugging of responsibility for reprehensible behaviour because it fits in with their world view needs to be addressed.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:43 pm

Rum wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:12 pm
Delved about a bit. No, Islam was not addressed as an issue In the trial. Legally then (I.e. from a legal perspective) we can assume it isn’t an issue. Socially of course it is another matter in that any group of individuals shrugging of responsibility for reprehensible behaviour because it fits in with their world view needs to be addressed.
I'm not surprised they didn't open that can of worms during the trial - a sensible move, one would think...

I have a memory of this being discussed in Ratz ages ago, well before the trial, and there being some reporting that the men themselves had said "non-muslim girls are easy sluts" or words to that effect...
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:25 am

I think that was Strontium Dog who said that... :?

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:30 am

My memory is that it was someone quoting a journalist, but I might be wrong...
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:37 am

SD said something like that on ratskep I think. He's said some fucking reprehensible things in his time, and this was just another one to the list.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:39 am

Rum wrote:It is all about who is quoting what and their motivation. The Koran may be misogynistic, but so is the Bible. The men in this news story did bad stuff. They almost certainly thought it was more or less OK to do it, just as Xians no doubt have in the past (one thinks of the slave trade for example). Racists and those who want to see society at loggerheads with itself love the idea of blaming a whole religion and thus making all its members at least partly responsible for the outrages of s small number of its members.
That old chestnut. We are talking about islam. These men are muslims. Islam is not a race.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:45 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:39 am
Rum wrote:It is all about who is quoting what and their motivation. The Koran may be misogynistic, but so is the Bible. The men in this news story did bad stuff. They almost certainly thought it was more or less OK to do it, just as Xians no doubt have in the past (one thinks of the slave trade for example). Racists and those who want to see society at loggerheads with itself love the idea of blaming a whole religion and thus making all its members at least partly responsible for the outrages of s small number of its members.
That old chestnut. We are talking about islam. These men are muslims. Islam is not a race.
Do you even bother to read posts before you rule you hand out your expert conclusions?

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:55 am

Rum wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:45 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:39 am
Do you even bother to read posts before you rule you hand out your expert conclusions?
I do. You dont see islam playing any part here in the mentality of these men?
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:38 am

Well clearly you don't because I have never said that.

In terms of the likelihood of committing a sexual offence it appears White British males are about 12% more likely to commit one than Asia men (the majority of who are likely to be Muslim). (https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.ser ... ons/latest)

Given that white males are likely to either be nominally Christian or agnostic or of no religion it seems to me that we should be blaming Christianity for the mentality that allows that. Or perhaps their godlessness means they have no morals and that is the problem. In any case, let's blame all Christian men and the religion of course (wait - as well as their lack of belief) for the fact that as a proportion of sexual offenders more are white and male! It is clearly their values and attitude towards women that results in this - shock horror!