The Make Fun of Elizabeth Warren Thread

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

The Make Fun of Elizabeth Warren Thread

Post by Forty Two » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:02 pm

Pay me my $1,000,000! I proved I am white and "may" have as much "native American" DNA as the average white European American, based on using DNA samples from Mexico, Peru, and Colombia!

Yet she claims her mom and dad were not allowed to marry because her mom was Cherokee and Delaware!
LOL!!!! If she had the same amount of African American DNA, she would be comfortable identifying as black!

Bwahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Re: The Make Fun of Elizabeth Warren Thread

Post by Forty Two » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:54 pm

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:07 pm

http://theweek.com/articles/801946/eliz ... ng-selfown
Of all the lunatic gestures with which one expected prospective Democratic 2020 hopefuls to try to distinguish themselves in a crowded field, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren's mini-documentary about her Cherokee ancestry is among the most improbable. It is certainly going to be the most embarrassing.
For nearly a decade, the Association of American Law Schools identified her as a racial minority, apparently on the basis of something Warren's grandmother had told her. In response to critics of the faculty's racial homogeneity, Harvard Law School, where Warren was a law professor, described her as a woman of color for more than half a decade.
Warren's investment in the veracity of a bit of old family lore makes her look as silly as the president. Her insistence that he now make good on his off-hand promise to hand over $1 million now that she's taken a DNA test makes her look delusional. It is a masterclass in how Democrats ought not to respond to the president.
http://theweek.com/articles/801946/eliz ... ng-selfown

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:15 pm

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Why not just take the hit? If your parents lied to you then they lied. You look silly, but haven't we all?

Dems need to hire me man.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:21 pm

BTW 42, you're a Republican dude. get over it

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:22 pm

Didn't anybody tell her not to feed the troll?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:50 pm

The far-left Daily Beast on Monday: “BREAKING: Elizabeth Warren releases her DNA test: Yes, she is Native American”

The far-left Daily Beast on Wednesday: “Elizabeth Warren’s DNA Stunt Alienates Native Americans”

:{D
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:01 pm

"Woman who claims distant ancestor was Indian proves it with science"

/thread
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:16 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:21 pm
BTW 42, you're a Republican dude. get over it
:lol: :this:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:25 pm

Has anyone verified if Trump's claim that Harvard admitted her only because of her Native American heritage?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:44 pm

Is it just me, or does the Warren baiting whiff of 'identify politics' - 'white identify politics'?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:45 pm

It whiffs of bigotry of some sort.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:57 pm

It strikes me that deriding someone for recounting family lore regarding Native American heritage presumes that Native American heritage is something essentially worthy of derision - that an association with the history or experience of Native Americans is something that a person can now be roundly denigrated for. What would we say about someone who derided people on the basis of their reported Italian, Norwegian, or Congolese heritage, for example?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:02 am

That's a reasonable point. But she is seen as having listed herself as Native American with nothing more than her word to go on. That rubs people the wrong way, and even more so now that they know the Native American in her family possibly dates back to the 1800s or before. That doesn't exactly fit her parents tale of woe at the hands of a racist family? The last bit being a common thing for many Anericans.

:dunno: