"Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Joe

Re:

Post by Joe » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:21 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:29 pm
L'Emmerdeur wrote:Praise the Lard, Jeebus Saves!

'Activist Milo Yiannopoulos is now "Ex-Gay," consecrating his life to St. Joseph'
Milo Yiannopoulos, the gay man whose conservative messaging and willingness to speak the truth sparked riots on university campuses may well trigger more outrage now that he describes himself as “Ex-Gay” and “sodomy free,” and is leading a daily consecration to St. Joseph online.

Two years ago, when Church Militant’s Michael Voris famously challenged Yiannopoulos to live a chaste life, Yiannopoulos was not defensive. Instead, he acquiesced, and humbly admitted his human weakness.

“I know everything you’re saying, and I’m just not there yet. And I don’t know if I’ll get there,” Yiannopoulos told Voris at the time.

It seems that he has now arrived “there.”

LifeSite: I imagine that to many who follow you, your recent decision to publicly identify as “Milo, Ex-Gay” may seem like a 180-degree turn. Are you also surprised that your life has taken this turn? Or is it unsurprising, a natural and perhaps inevitable progression in your life? I ask this because over the last few years things that you’ve said have hinted at being drawn in this direction.

Milo: When I used to kid that I only became gay to torment my mother, I wasn’t entirely joking. Of course, I was never wholly at home in the gay lifestyle — Who is? Who could be? — and only leaned heavily into it in public because it drove liberals crazy to see a handsome, charismatic, intelligent gay man riotously celebrating conservative principles.

That’s not to say I didn’t throw myself enthusiastically into degeneracy of all kinds in my private life. I suppose I felt that’s all I deserved. I’d love to say it was all an act, and I’ve been straight this whole time, but even I don’t have that kind of commitment to performance art. Talk about method acting …
More of the same mutual fondling follows. This may not end well, but it could end interestingly.
What? Milo just canceled himself?
I don't know, When he said,
I have enjoyed a lifelong affection for the absurd and the outrageous, so part of me gleefully anticipates the day I can seize the moral high ground, however briefly, to denounce others for failures of piety and sobriety.
my cynical side assumes he's just rebranding.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: "Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Cunt » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:28 pm

I think you and he would be in agreement.

Have you watched much of him? Or just the clips from his fans?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:32 pm

I think I've seen some video of him. Articulate fellow as I remember, stirred up some dust here, but I don't recall much else.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:37 pm

He is an outrage comic (approximately) who related honest, awful stories about a priest buggering him in his youth. He (I think) wouldn't name the priest, and wouldn't condemn him. He might have even said it was a good experience.

He also said that the gay community was LOADED with such cases, of older men mentoring younger men, and implying below age of consent (or at least age of outrage)

I'm going by memory, and later heard Peterson (trained clinical psychologist) talking about it, and his relationship with Milo. Interesting problems Milo made for himself there. Makes me wonder if he owns his life story, or if he only owns it if he tells it the right way...

It certainly owned him lol. I think even CPAC dumped him. And I don't think there are a lot of prominent comedians they might choose from.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:06 pm

Some forecasting on how elements of the Trumpist mob that sacked the US Capitol will proceed from here.

'After the insurrection, America's far-right groups get more extreme'
While some of the splinter Proud Boys chapters will likely maintain the Proud Boys brand, at least for the time being, others may evolve and become more radicalized. The Base, a neo-Nazi terror group, has recruited from among the ranks of Proud Boys. As the Proud Boys sheds affiliates, it would not be surprising for those with more enthusiasm about hateful activism to seek out more extreme groups. Less committed groups will wither away.

Some members have left extremist groups in the wake of the Jan. 6 violence. The members who remain, and the new members they are attracting, are increasing the radicalization of far-right groups. As the less committed members abandon these far-right groups, only the more devout remain. Such a shift is going to alter the subculture of these groups, driving them farther to the right. We expect this polarization will only accelerate the reactionary behaviors and extremist tendencies of these far-right groups.

Right-wing pundits and conservative media are continuing to stoke fears about the Biden administration. We and other observers of right-wing groups expect that extremists will come to see the events of Jan. 6 as just the opening skirmish in a modern civil war. We anticipate they will continue to seek an end to American democracy and the beginning of a new society free – or even purged – of groups the right wing fears, including immigrants, Jewish people, nonwhites, LGBTQ people and those who value multiculturalism.

We expect that these groups will continue to shift more and more to the extreme right, posing risks for acts of violence both large and small.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:27 pm

We seem to be observing the evolution of various populations of memes, as they infect various segments of the American population.

The correct vaccine, of course, would involve an excellent science education for all...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:25 am

A course in critical thinking wouldn't go amiss in that regard. Not likely to be high on the priority list though, even in secondary school.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:30 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:25 am
A course in critical thinking wouldn't go amiss in that regard. Not likely to be high on the priority list though, even in secondary school.
School boards in red states would view critical thinking as cultural marxism...
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:53 pm

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:15 pm

The injustice of it all. They were just harmless pranks, really.

'White supremacists' fake bomb threats net 3 years in prison'
A former Old Dominion University student who joined up with white supremacists in a swatting conspiracy that targeted a Black church, his own university and a Cabinet officer, among others, was sentenced to nearly three years in prison Monday.

The 33-month sentence for John William Kirby Kelley, 20, of Vienna, Virginia, essentially splits the difference between the five-year term sought by prosecutors and the 14-month sentence of time served requested by his lawyers.

Kelley pleaded guilty to hosting an internet chatroom in which he and others called in fake bomb threats and attacks on more than 100 different targets, many of which were targeted because of racial or religious animus.

Among those in the conspiracy was a founder of Atomwaffen Division, a neo-Nazi hate group. That individual, John C. Denton of Montgomery, Texas, has also pleaded guilty and is awaiting sentencing.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:28 pm

Why Nazis love being Super Straight...

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:13 pm

Wait till he meets Ultra Gay!
And my gin!

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:43 pm

Does his definition of sexual attraction seem reasonable to you? It strikes me as contrived for the sake of his argument.

I think allowing factors beyond first impressions --christ, just beyond seeing-- to be part of attraction seems reasonable. But he doesn't. If you were sexually attracted upon sight alone, and then not upon learning something else, you're no longer talking about sexual attraction.

I doubt such a convenient delineation exist.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:55 am

Far-right activist, Tommy Robinson, threatened to falsely accuse reporter’s partner of being paedophile unless she drops the story about his misappropriation of donors funds for personal expenses. The blackmail attempt failed. The story was published a couple of days ago. If he finishes up in jail for fraud it won't be the first time.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:41 am

Sean Hayden wrote:Does his definition of sexual attraction seem reasonable to you? It strikes me as contrived for the sake of his argument.

I think allowing factors beyond first impressions --christ, just beyond seeing-- to be part of attraction seems reasonable. But he doesn't. If you were sexually attracted upon sight alone, and then not upon learning something else, you're no longer talking about sexual attraction.

I doubt such a convenient delineation exist.
Yeah, it's a rather 'surface level' definition, but his view starts with the point that you don't choose whatever 'general type' you're attracted to. Sexual attraction may involve more factors than just appearances but he's not talking about getting to know someone's personality, interests, and/or values here but about us making casual, surface level assessments on whether someone else is 'fuckable', or not - which we do all the time without even wanting or having the opportunity to get to know them.

I, for example, might find the idea of fucking an ardent neo-liberal, rampant racist, or religious zealot repulsive, but before getting to know them I could still consider them attractive enough to shimmy with. And finding out a hottie is a fash doesn't mean I reject their gender or sexuality, nor does it challenge or undermine my own gender or sexuality or the fact that I find that general type of person attractive.

I'm pretty sure that, at some point, once we've got to know someone we've all found that person more or less sexually appealing than we first imagined. In this context, is my apparent sexual aversion to fascists morally equivalent to a transphobe's utter rejection of the gender and sexuality of all trans individuals?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT