"Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: "Alt-right" Still parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by JimC » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:43 pm

My original point in bringing up the Nats was that, general arseholes they may be, but, (unlike the Republican party, it seems...) they will expel white supremacists...

(at least when the said supremacists have been unmasked by the press... ;) )
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:43 pm

Animavore wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:30 am
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
nights have drawn in, the rains have come, and it is time to start unveiling some of the lines in the Lost in Showbiz Winter Collection. Let me say right now that one of our absolute key pieces will be Jordan Peterson.

Quite how it’s taken this column so long to alight lovingly on the winningest public intellectual of our age is unclear, but please now consider me officially very into him. This week, I read Jordan’s most famous book, 12 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter, and found it an absolute scream. Forgive me – the opus is actually called 12 Rules For Life, but it certainly forced me to tear down every other thought leader poster peeling off my bedroom wall. I am highly excited to get around to Jordan’s only other published book, some kind of vast theory of everything which took him 12 years to write. Oscar Wilde wrote The Picture of Dorian Gray in about a fortnight, so imagine how much better Jordan B Peterson’s Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief is going to be.

But we race ahead. Are you even familiar with Peterson? A University of Toronto psychology professor, his raging stage show involuntarily reminds me of that incredibly moving speech from The South Park Movie: “This is aboot dignity. This is aboot respect. [Laughter] This is aboot – [More laughter] What’s so goddammed funny?” Anyway, you may simply know Jordan as “the lobster guy”, after his most famous proposition/abstraction: the idea that lobsters and their serotonin levels explain why human hierarchies exist and are good. But were better in the 1950s. Put simply, you’re really doing this wrong if your first thought on seeing a lobster is: “I’d like to eat this thing, not surrender my abortion rights to it.”

Owing to his sell-out speaking tours, huge YouTube following and multimillion book sales, Peterson is frequently described as a “Pied Piper” of angry and disaffected men – though my understanding of the original Pied Piper was that he took all his followers away into some kind of mountain from which they never returned. Yes please! Except, how come Peterson’s followers continue to wander around our metaphorical Hamelin, explaining stuff like there is no patriarchy because of crustaceans? Can we try DynoPest instead?

Anyway, Peterson is also a leading member of the arseoisie, or the “intellectual dark web”, as they prefer it. Again, are you familiar with the “intellectual dark web”? I do hope not. It’s a self-styling by a loose group of soi-disant intellectuals you’d cross continents to avoid having a pint with (although they didn’t go with that tagline in the end). There isn’t space for a full passenger manifest, but they include Peterson, talkshow host Dave Rubin, Newsweek columnist and perma-pundit Ben Shapiro and a bunch of other people bizarrely obsessed with what students do, even though we’ve known since time immemorial that students often act like idiots, and mostly grow out of it unless they’re Hamlet or whatever. Think of the intellectual dark web as a very whiny superhero team. Marvel’s A-Whingers. Guardians of the Galaxy Brains. The League of Extraordinarily Fragile Gentlemen.

Like the rest of the gang, Peterson apparently imagines himself “locked out” of the mainstream media, despite having sold 2m books and being interviewed every 10 minutes by actual international media outlets. I can’t help feeling that Jordan is “locked out” of the mainstream media in the same way that Justin Bieber is “locked out” of pop music.
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... tzNKI47WhQ

An unhealthy obsession with students? Who does that remind us of? :ask:
arseoisie
Think of the intellectual dark web as a very whiny superhero team. Marvel’s A-Whingers.
Jordan is interviewed by the New Statesman’s Helen Lewis. It’s hard to pick my favourite moment from the nearly two-hour-long encounter, but I very much enjoyed the bit where Lewis reasons: “Lobsters don’t get depressed. I think you’re anthropomorphising to a ridiculous degree. These are creatures that urinate out of their faces.”
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:55 pm

:lol:
And my gin!

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:41 pm

Elementary; it takes globalism to beat globalism. :zig:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Jason wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:41 pm
Elementary; it takes globalism to beat globalism. :zig:
Makes sense like fighting for peace

and fucking for virginity. :biggrin:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:51 pm

There's will be good globalism. Not that bad globalism.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:53 pm

Animavore wrote:Image
:funny:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:54 am

Well, after all, there are video games where it's cool to kill Nazis. Yes, Cantwell does identify himself as part of the alt-right, in case some JAQoff is wondering.

'"Crying Nazi" releases video game where users play Richard Spencer and kill reporters and LGBT people in Pulse-like club'
Infamous “Crying Nazi” Christopher Cantwell’s podcast has released a sequel to its 2017 white supremacist video game Angry Goy where users shoved Jews into ovens.

As noted by the Angry White Men blog, Angry Goy II allows users to play as Cantwell’s fellow Charlottesville white nationalist Richard Spencer, who is seen in the trailer burning leftist protesters with a lit Tiki torch.

“Angry Goy II is the season’s hit game for White males who have had it with Jewish bullshit,” Cantwell wrote on the “free speech” social network Gab. The site is now back online after its old host dropped it when it was revealed that the alleged Pittsburgh synagogue shooter posted on it just before opening fire on the Tree of Life temple.

“Instead of taking out your frustrations on actual human beings, you can fight the mongrels and degenerates on your computer!” the Radical Agenda podcast creator wrote. “Use guns, knives, pepper spray, and more! Lay waste to wave after wave of sh*tdicks, sh*tskins, sh*tstains, and the k*kes they serve.”

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:19 am

Oy vey!
And my gin!

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:19 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:54 am
Well, after all, there are video games where it's cool to kill Nazis. Yes, Cantwell does identify himself as part of the alt-right, in case some JAQoff is wondering.

'"Crying Nazi" releases video game where users play Richard Spencer and kill reporters and LGBT people in Pulse-like club'
Infamous “Crying Nazi” Christopher Cantwell’s podcast has released a sequel to its 2017 white supremacist video game Angry Goy where users shoved Jews into ovens.

As noted by the Angry White Men blog, Angry Goy II allows users to play as Cantwell’s fellow Charlottesville white nationalist Richard Spencer, who is seen in the trailer burning leftist protesters with a lit Tiki torch.

“Angry Goy II is the season’s hit game for White males who have had it with Jewish bullshit,” Cantwell wrote on the “free speech” social network Gab. The site is now back online after its old host dropped it when it was revealed that the alleged Pittsburgh synagogue shooter posted on it just before opening fire on the Tree of Life temple.

“Instead of taking out your frustrations on actual human beings, you can fight the mongrels and degenerates on your computer!” the Radical Agenda podcast creator wrote. “Use guns, knives, pepper spray, and more! Lay waste to wave after wave of sh*tdicks, sh*tskins, sh*tstains, and the k*kes they serve.”
What? Everyone associated in the production and distribution of these video games ought to be up on charges of perpetrating hate crimes.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:03 pm

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:29 pm

But..but..according to Cunt and even 42 Europe is the only place where you can get arrested for saying hatey type things!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:19 am

Rum, some of what you write is so dumb, I can't imagine why you can't see it yourself. Of course, you ARE probably just here to ironically parade ignorance, stupidity and malice, but I miss a lot of jokes.

Hate speech laws are enacted in almost every country except the US, and even there, some places seem to use them anyway (like the policies at some private schools)

You are not lawfully allowed to talk about a lot of things though, being where and when you are, so I understand. I feel sorry for you.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:31 am

Don't worry, we feel sorry for you too. Seriously.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.