"Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: "Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Hermit » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:57 pm

Cunt wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:42 pm
You missed the attack on the Jewish market recently. Is it because the attackers were the wrong colour to get attention?

It is the only reason I can think of for the unbalanced coverage by media.
The media soft-pedalled it because the perpetrators were religious fanatics, connected with the Black Hebrew Israelite movement. When members of a Jewish sect attack other Jews it gives religion in general a bad image. Can't have that, unless the perpetrators are Moosleems, of course. Then it's all systems go.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:16 pm

I'm off to the health thread. You are welcome to put some time into that.

Or stay here with the hate parade on your mind. You do you.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:57 pm

Cunt wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:42 pm
You missed the attack on the Jewish market recently. Is it because the attackers were the wrong colour to get attention?
Not by antifa... :bored:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:04 pm

Cunt wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:06 pm
I mean, you admit to supporting masked thugs in response to ugly opinions, then try to steer my opinion?
You get annoyed by the idea that Muslims are somehow being given a free pass to impose Sharia by the back door. Those kind of 'ugly opinion' about Sharia have to be opposed, don't they(?), because the ideology of Sharia is controlling and a threat to the basic rights and freedoms our societies are based on.

Now, I think you see people like Tommy Robinson as a necessary bulwark against that kind of threat, but you're mistaken if you think that what Tommy Robinson and his ilk stand for stops at opposing Sharia OR that he and his pals are the only ones who oppose standards of Islamic jurisprudence being applied to anyone in our broadly secular societies. You're also mistaken if you think that anyone who stands against people like Tommy Robinson is automatically standing for Islam or Sharia as well - though you have said as much in the past.

If Islamic groups were coalescing around a call for Sharia to supersede or replace secular jurisprudence you'd oppose them wouldn't you? If they were organising rallies in which they donned paramilitary gear and marched through the streets carrying weapons with their fingers on the trigger you might even be tempted to go out on the street and register your protest in person. If those groups happened to take photographs and videos of the people protesting against them, if they tried to identify the individuals involved, and then publish the pictures, names and addresses within their networks along with a general call for members of their groups to harass, threaten or even harm those anti-Sharia protestors you might consider it wise to cover your face when registering your protest in person. If these hypothetical Islamic groups thought that it would help their cause to be seen engaging in physical action against those who oppose them, to send a signal to other Muslims that they were both attempting to protect them while simultaneously overpowering those who oppose them, or if they just fancied a bit of scrap, then violent confrontations are pretty much inevitable.

Now imagine a situation where that occurred where you were registering your protest in person. You could, by you own measure, be categorised a 'masked thug responding to ugly opinions'. Imagine that your tried to argue that you weren't there looking to commit violence but just to oppose a group that are and the only response you got was about how intolerant you were of the opinions of others, that you were fundamentally just as extreme as the extremists you oppose, and that the focus of any discussion or debate was always on only ever you participation in the protest rather than the ideals and actions of the people you propose. You'd consider that a pretty narrow and one-side misrepresentation.

I hope you can see how double-standards arise in situations like this.

it seems to me that you don't consider people like Tommy Robinson, or the groups he is align with, a threat because you don't consider them a threat to your rights and freedoms. You may even consider them to be people who are actually defending your right not to be subjected to the impositions of Islam. However, it is more than clear from even a cursory bit of research that Tommy Robinson and pals are not agitating on behalf of secular jurisprudence in the face of a supposed onslaught from Sharia-loving ideologues. Tommy Robinson and pals don't think Muslims have any place in society, or Jews, or Brown, Yellow or Black people in general. For Tommy and chums these 'others' shouldn't just have their rights downgraded or limited but white people should have dominion over them to such an extent that white people--but, tellingly, only the white people who agree with them--should have the ability to decide whether the 'ugly opinions' of these 'others' even have a right to exist in society at all.

In other words, people who take the 'ugly opinions' of people like Tommy Robinson et al at face value and, for example, live stream themselves shooting up synagogue or a mosque after posting a justifying manifesto on the forums where Tommy and chums congregate, are not the hard-done-to underdogs or freedom fighters here. They are people who are fundamentally committed to using violence as a political weapon to achieve their political goals. The words for those kind of people are 'fundamentalists' and 'terrorists' and every time you bleat on about how the people who oppose them are the real problem--the Muslims, the Jews, the Black, Brown, Yellow and White people, liberals, antifa, whoever--you locate your own position as one the side of a dominating white identity and align your politics on the side of the white-supremacists. Is that really who you are?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:20 pm

These are far right of course and they were not planning peaceful protests either but the scum of right wing German politics:

German far-right arrests reveal multiple mosque attacks plot
Twelve men believed to have been planning simultaneous mass-casualty assaults

Members of a German far-right group arrested last week are believed to have been plotting “shocking” large-scale attacks on mosques similar to the ones carried out in New Zealand last year, a government spokesman has said.

Investigations into 12 men detained in police raids across Germany on Friday had indicated they planned major attacks, officials said, following weekend media reports that the group aimed to launch several simultaneous mass-casualty assaults on Muslims during prayer gatherings.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:01 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:04 pm
Is that really who you are?
TL:DR - Who I am is a person interested in improving their own health, in part by sharing the progress and struggle with others.

If you are only interested in the 'alt-right hate parade', then enjoy, but you are welcome to join me in pursuing physical health over in that thread.

Or other subjects, if you can do something other than obsess over hate-parading.

If we convince each other to improve our health, it results directly in improved life. Give it some thought. Or keep enjoying hating the hate parade, with the others who enjoy it.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:11 pm

TS:DR. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:34 pm

Ditzy 'gun rights' activist, supporter of genocide and of a Trump monarchy has water thrown at the vehicle she's riding in, claims the students who did it are 'terrorists.'

'Hundreds of students at Ohio University protested "gun girl" Kaitlin Bennett's visit and ran her off campus'
Kaitlin Bennett, a champion of gun-rights who has frequently attracted controversy for her activism, was thronged by hundreds of students on Monday while visiting Ohio University.

Bennett became a viral sensation after posting a photo on social media posing with an AR-10 semi-automatic rifle to celebrate her graduation from Kent State University in 2018. Since then many have referred to her as the "gun girl."

Her Ohio University visit drew ire from many students, who reproached her and threw water at her vehicle as she drove through campus.

"This is what happens when a Trump supporter goes to a college campus," she tweeted.

"I think @realDonaldTrump should strip funding from universities like this that harbor terrorists," she said, adding that the protesters "started a riot."

The Ohio University police department denied that the protesters were either terrorists or rioters.

"She drew a large crowd of people, many with opposing viewpoints, who also chose to exercise their First Amendment rights," the department said in a statement. "Contrary to allegations circulating on social media, the incident did not rise to the level of a riot."
She's threatened to return, armed and accompanied by armed supporters. Ohio University does not allow civilians to carry guns on campus.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:05 am

Perhaps Kaitlin thinks The Hungergames was a documentary...

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:09 am

I know Laklak
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:25 am

not to mention my not so humble self, pretty, and able to teach you the ins and outs of shooting? what's not to love?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:46 pm

I'd like to shoot a load with her..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:19 am

most precisely.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:22 pm

A couple of pieces--one about the online world of white nationalists, riffing off of a white nationalist dating site, and another on the efforts of white nationalists to organise online.

'Swiping right into the alt-right online dating world'
“Fnally! The dating site for those wishing to preserve their heritage.” I stare at the announcement of what appears to be the world’s first white supremacist dating site, WASP Love. On this obscure site, White Anglo-Saxon Protestants (WASPs) can find fellow “white people of diverse religions, nationalities, political ideology and backgrounds, united in one cause for the benefit of our race and children”.

I can’t help but wonder: what kind of people do you find on WASP Love? How do they present themselves and how do conversations differ from normal dating apps?

All right, let’s have a go. “My name is Claire and I’m a French flight attendant. I was raised in a traditional, conservative Christian household, so I want my children to grow up with these values too.” I search for WASP men aged between 25 and 30. I have 371 matches.

After just a few weeks, “Claire” has received more than 30 messages from men across the US and Europe. The ice-breakers and pick-up lines are not dissimilar from more mainstream dating apps. Except that you can be sure your date will be “Reformed Christian, [anti-birth-control evangelical Christian] Quiverfull, Confederate, Homeschooled, Christian Identity, white nationalist, alt-right, [or US-based evangelical Christian] Sovereign Grace Single”.

At first sight, many profiles look nondescript. But you get the little hints: “All my ancestors were of Celtic background,” writes a Galician ex-soldier of the Spanish army. “I like European music only. The more foreign influences there are, the less I like it,” a Romanian based in the UK tells me. It quickly becomes clear that all of their lifestyle choices and hobbies are determined by their whiteness.

As other layers of their identity are erased, their white identity becomes all-embracing and serves as the single most important point of connection with other people.

'Emboldened by "heroes" and hate music, white extremists on the rise'
They may lack centralised organisation or even a common goal, but white supremacists encouraged by the exploits of extremist "heroes" canonised on social media pose an ever-growing security threat, analysts say.

After nine people in Germany were killed by a gunman with "a very deeply racist attitude," the country's interior minister on Friday warned that the far right still posed a "very high" security threat.

The shootings on Wednesday at a shisha bar and a cafe in the city of Hanau were the latest in a growing list of attacks in the West attributed to self-appointed defenders of a "white race" perceived to be under threat from migration, globalisation and Islam.

From Christchurch to Pittsburg, Halle to El Paso, militants have been emboldened by a narrative of hatred spread on the internet with an ease that observers find worrying.

"This digital ecosystem is fuelling a cumulative momentum, which serves to lower 'thresholds' to violence for those engaged in this space, both in the United States and elsewhere," Graham Macklin, assistant professor at the Center for Research on Extremism at the University of Oslo, said in a recent article.

One attack "encourages and inspires another, creating a growing 'canon' of 'saints' and 'martyrs' for others to emulate," he wrote -- noting that Norwegian neo-Nazi Anders Behring Breivik, who massacred 77 people in 2011, had become "an aspirational figure" for many.

- Internet a 'facilitator' -

According to the Soufan Center, a global security think-tank, white supremacism has entered a phase of globalisation driven by niche websites popular among neo-Nazis, such as Gab and 8chan, and even the so-called "white power" music scene.

"White supremacy extremists rely on a diverse set of techniques to radicalise potential recruits," it said in a recent report, with attackers "lionised" on such platforms "as heroes, martyrs, 'saints,' 'commanders' and other honorifics."

White extremists do not share a single, common goal -- some seek self rule, others the expulsion of minorities -- but all believe their "race" to be under threat.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:23 pm

-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: