"Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: "Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:43 pm

When the president in on your side they let you do it. Get 'em young! Free speech!

'More White Extremist Propaganda Appearing at US Colleges'
Signs, fliers and other notices with racist language are increasingly being found at colleges and universities in the United States, a new report finds.

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) reported recently that examples of white supremacist propaganda on U.S. college campuses rose during the most recent school year.

The ADL watches hate groups, including those who believe that white people are better than members of other races. The group says its aim is to secure justice and fair treatment for all people. It adds that white supremacist propaganda on campuses has increased in each of the past two years.

The report noted a sharp increase in documented cases in the 2017-2018 school year. Examples included white supremacist fliers, stickers and other material.

​More extremist propaganda was found during the spring term of 2019 than any term in the past, the ADL said. There were 161 incidents on 122 different college and university campuses across 33 states, and in Washington, D.C. The report documented 313 cases of white supremacist propaganda on U.S. campuses between September 2018 and the end of May 2019.

The cases were tied to organizations linked to what has become known as the alternative right, or “alt-right,” movement. The ADL says the term “alt-right” is used to describe extremists who reject traditional conservative thinking. They instead support forms of conservatism that express support of racism or white supremacy.

The 2017-2018 total marked a 77% increase from the year before.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:31 am

America, and to a lesser extent Europe, needs a conceptual shift:
"The ADL watches hate groups, including those who believe that white people are better than members of other races."
That kind of reflects a basic problem in as much as the idea that there are distinct groups called 'races' is assumed as a given. That assumption keeps the discourse about race going round and round and around. They could have phrased that to be more explicit I guess...
"The ADL watches hate groups, including those who believe that members of the white race are better than members of other races."
But there's another problem with that: It lumps all white people together, and those hate-groups don't actually think that all white people are better than all others, only that the white people who share their views, and the one's who aren't Jewish, or lefties, or anti-racist etc, are better than everyone else. The 'white race' for racists is a self-selecting group of, you know, racists.
"The ADL watches hate groups, including those who believe that some white people are better than everybody else."
Even here there's a bit of a problem, because these self-selecting racists don't just have 'some beliefs' that differ from those of others do they(?) Their 'beliefs' about how they are better than everyone else are used to justify aggressive arguments and calls to action that aim to secure them absolute dominion over all others regardless of skin colour. This is pretty much what defines Fascism.
"The ADL watches hate groups, including the domestic fascist and neo-Nazi groups that coalesce under the Alt-Right banner."
'Alt-Right' is a PR term deliberately concocted by US fascist and neo-Nazi groups to obscure their actual beliefs, aims and demands. Anyone who self-identifies as Alt-Right today has either been misled into thinking that the Alt-Right isn't about racism or fascism -- it just happens to contain some fascists and racists -- or they are specifically buying into the ideas of fascists and neo-Nazi groups: that they are innately superior (because reasons) and that everybody else must bend to their will one way or another.

By continuing to talk about races as groups identified by skin colour alone the conversation continues to implicitly justify and contextualise the beliefs of fascists and neo-Nazi gruops.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:37 am

Racism is a reality, even though races aren't. Dealing with reality is better than wibbling about semantics.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:56 am

Racism is a reality, and one of the ways of dealing with it is to expose the core concept of a 'race' as a discrete, bounded group as an unhelpful, irrational fiction.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:17 am

You'll have a hard time seeing to that, given our inherent nature to be distrustful of difference and our genetic predisposition to favour those most like us. Better to accept the reality of belief in races, and directly target that racism.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:32 am

I don't assume it's easy, but it's pretty vital, because ultimately we are all humans and as a result are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.

#hopenothate

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:09 pm

Just a reminder that those who enjoy yapping about the dreadful things that antifa does while keeping remarkably schtum about the violence of those they oppose are disingenuous stooges at best.

'FBI Director Christopher Wray Says a Majority of Domestic Terrorism Cases Are Motivated by White Supremacist Violence'
FBI Director Christopher Wray said that the bureau has made "about the same number" of domestic terrorism arrests as international terrorism arrests so far this year and that a majority of domestic cases are motivated by white supremacy.

Wray was on Capitol Hill on Tuesday morning to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee about congressional oversight of the FBI. Wray's hearing was considered a preview of what former special counsel Robert Mueller is likely to face when he appears before lawmakers on Wednesday to answer questions on the Russia probe.

The FBI director told lawmakers that he considered "homegrown violent extremists" to be the greatest threat to the United States. Wray clarified that those extremists are inspired by foreign jihadist organizations.

Democratic Senator Dick Durbin immediately challenged Wray, pointing to an FBI/DHS intelligence report from May 2017 which found that white supremacists were responsible for more homicides from 2000 to 2016 than any other domestic extremist movement.

"We live in a world where the neo-Nazis and white supremacists are taking lives in many places," Durbin said. "The reason I raise this is because there is a concern that this is not being taken as seriously as it should be as one of the real threats in our country."

Wray defended the FBI's handling of domestic terrorism cases, saying that the agency takes the issue "extremely seriously" and are "aggressively pursuing it." He added that so far this year the FBI has already made more domestic terrorism arrests than in 2018.

According to Wray, the FBI has made about 100 arrests related to domestic terrorism in the first three quarters of 2019. That is roughly equal, he said, to the amount of arrests related to instances of international terrorism like ISIS or Al-Qaeda.

"I will say that a majority of the domestic terrorism cases we've investigated are motivated by some version of what you might call white supremacist violence," Wray told lawmakers.
I suppose one might imagine that the FBI is shirking its duty in failing to address the terrible antifa menace. Perhaps it's been infiltrated and compromised by leftist scum.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:22 am

I'm afraid intellectual honesty isn't one of your opponents strengths. This will go in one ear and out the other.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:33 am

They're really all Antifa false flag ops that are intended to make innocent white supremacists look bad. Nazis are the real victims here, if you really think about it. :prof:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:49 am

Looks like they are going RICO on ANTIFA

Swell guys you all are backing there. Real classy gang.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:07 am

:smoke:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:11 am

I think Cruz called for it. It will be hilarious to see them lumped in with the worst of the alt right :)
I asked him if he ever got haunted by souls, but he reckons that he buries them, too.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:17 am

What are you going on about? :think:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:17 am

I'm not a fan of RICO, and I think it is abused by sloppy feds.

I just got a kick out of you going after them again. :biggrin:
Last edited by Sean Hayden on Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:18 am

Cunt's just running around naked flippin' everyone the bird again.