"Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: "Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by JimC » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:54 pm

That, folks, is a nigh-on perfect takedown... :tup:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:26 pm

In Portland, Oregon, in the US, there's some consternation about a police officer who's apparently opened a line of communication with an alt-right group. Some have even claimed that he's a white supremacist himself. I tend to doubt it, given that he's Asian, and that he's got a track record of attempting a similar sort of communication with antifa. The story's managed to make it onto national news websites though.

'Portland police and right-wing extremist exchanged friendly texts, official says'
The commander for the police rapid response team in Portland, Oregon, seems to have exchanged friendly text messages with a leader of far-right protests that have rocked the city. One city council member said the messages, which were first reported by a newspaper, confirms collusion exists between some police and right-wing extremists.

"I am not shocked, and I am not surprised at today's reporting of Lt. Jeff Niiya's collaboration with Patriot Prayer leader Joey Gibson over text to provide aid and support for their hate marches," Councilwoman Jo Ann Hardesty said in a statement. Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler called the messages "disturbing" and said he directed Police Chief Danielle Outlaw "to do a thorough investigation of this matter and report back to me expeditiously."

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:53 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:42 pm
I'm pissed because you're full of shit. I'm not sure I've met a more dishonest person.
You could tell me what you think I lied about.

Or you could just keep insisting that I must be lying about something because of how bad you look.

I mean, calling the ethnic minority victim 'asshole' for speaking, while calling the assault and threatening of him 'inappropriate' makes me wish you were a different person. I find that holding those views of that exchange putrid, bullying and blind, but i'm not going to call you a liar, just because your position on it isn't in line with reason, lawful OR civil behaviour.

I'm just going to think about it, and try to figure out what you must know that I don't. If I go that route, there might be something to learn.

If I just think that you are a lying sack of regurgitated CNN opinions, there really isn't going to be anything productive for me in that.
Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:50 pm
"It's obvious Cunt just wants to say the same thing as the asshole lem quoted"
So you are saying that blacks started the slave trade, by selling other blacks?
:smoke:
I meant it as a question. I really don't know if it is even fair to ask about it 'starting', since I think it existed everywhere, until we learned better.

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:49 pm
You've invented an opinion for me that I have not expressed.
I said 'seems to', because clarification could come.
Cunt wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:09 pm
I am opposed to all slavers. Colour doesn't mitigate, or aggravate my disgust.
I agree with this statement.
Perfect.

All slavers are assholes.
On the other hand, Molyneux is clearly implying that the Africans who took slaves were 'worse' than the Europeans and Americans who engaged in the slave trade.
I'm pretty sure I said he was an idiot.

Do you understand the underlying point the idiot was trying to troll out of people, though? To get people talking about the origins of slavery, and what context can be put around it, it makes for a more nuanced discussion.

I had never thought about other cultures / countries having or using slaves until that kind of ass-holery shook me into looking elsewhere.

In the US it was mainly African slaves. In Canada mainly Chinese (at least at one time) and in other countries, they just enslave themselves (like the pariah 'class' in India)

It doesn't take away anything to know more history, but when someone tries to limit the conversation to white slave owners and black slaves, it starts looking a lot like special interest is about race, rather than about the issue of slavers and slavery.

I see his incompetent analogy and and implicit defense of European and American slave traders and slave owners as exemplifying the alt-right's general lack of ability to put together any coherent thought that extends much beyond 'white=good!' and 'let's gather to beat on those who oppose us!' I use this thread (just as I used its predecessor) partly as a place to present such examples.
I haven't heard much of what he says, because he is SO far off the deep end about libertarianism...a FUCKING Canadian who can't see the values he thrives under...it's weird.

Anyway, if he says white=good, then he will be sorely limited to the good he will find in Canada. I just met a stranger on the trail today. Daniel. He was enjoying a walk in the opposite direction to my run. We chatted briefly, and he told me that the hilltops coming up were windy, but the wind would be at my back.

He wasn't white, so if I had rejected his advice as not being good (because it wasn't white) I would be as much of a loser as anyone who thinks white people are the only good ones.

I guess this is your 'ignorance parade', though. I don't know why everyone else is taking me so seriously in a gag thread...
Cunt wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:09 pm
Lem can clarify their position if they care to, but I still don't know if he thinks that being white is somehow an aggravating factor.
At no point have I even implied that 'being white is somehow an aggravating factor.' You're inventing subtext for your own entertainment, apparently.
Nope, I'm reading a strong subtext from our culture. If you missed it, well, good. It is present, and I'm glad to learn you don't participate in this 'group identity politics' horseshit.

Calling people 'victim' or 'oppressor' based on the colour of their skin is pretty shit, even in the face of Stephen's ignorance.

Also, since 'alt-right' is used to discredit people (as well as having a possibly real meaning) I would have to say that you all are alt-right for texting with people you think might be alt-right.

Everyone is too vulnerable to allow them exposure to ideas which aren't sanctioned by the authoritarian left.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:30 pm

You lie constantly. I'm not sure you can tell lies from truth.
Nope, I'm reading a strong subtext from our culture.
Liar. No such thing occurred to you till you had been called out.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:51 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:30 pm
You lie constantly. I'm not sure you can tell lies from truth.
Nope, I'm reading a strong subtext from our culture.
Liar. No such thing occurred to you till you had been called out.
Your manners are only exceeded by your control over your temper. I'm going to give you a time-out until you get your breathing back under control.

Be well. Maybe go for some cardio.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:08 pm

I understand that lacking integrity to the degree that you do is often accompanied by a lack of genuine feeling.

Fortunately, being mostly genuine myself, I'm free to openly dislike shitty characters like yours.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:28 am

There was no news release by the US Department of Justice. Instead, the public learned of this particular creep from a sharp-eyed researcher at the Program on Extremism at George Washington University.

'Coast Guard Lieutenant Arrested in Alleged Domestic Terror Plot to Attack U.S.'
"The defendant is a domestic terrorist bent on committing acts dangerous to human life."

That was the first sentence in the case of United States of America v. Christopher Paul Hasson, a U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant accused of being inspired by Norwegian far-right Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik and "bent on
committing acts dangerous to human life that are intended to affect government conduct."

The U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant was silently serving a darker cause as a "domestic terrorist" for telegraphing biological attacks against the homeland and keeping a hit list featuring notable Democratic politicians and media figures, court documents show.

Christopher Hasson was posted as an Acquisitions Officer for at the U.S. Coast Guard's Headquarters in Washington D.C. On Feb. 15, he was taken into custody at his Silver Spring, Maryland home by agents from the FBI's Baltimore Field Office and the Coast Guard Investigative Service, a U.S. Attorney's Office in the District of Maryland confirmed to Newsweek.

For the past two years since, federal prosecutors claim Hasson has been indoctrinating himself with propaganda by making "thousands of visits for pro-Russian, neo-fascist and neo-Nazi literature," the papers say. That's when he wasn't making purchases of synthetic urine which the feds believe Hasson was securing to use "in the event he was randomly selected for a drug screening..."

One of the most frequent subjects for Hasson was Anders Breivik, who back in 2011 slaughtered 77 Norwegians and left behind a lengthy manifesto preaching against the "Islamization" of Europe.

Since 2017, Hasson, according to the court documents, "routinely perused portions of the Breivik manifesto" and "performed thousands of visits to websites selling firearms and tactical gear... researched United States military technical manuals on improvised munitions and tactical handbooks."

The searches appeared to have taken more direct aim at possible human targets.

The documents show that Hasson looked up curious phrases like "most liberal senators"; "where do most senators live in dc"; do senators have ss [secret service ] protection"; and "are supreme court justices protected.”

A list of names that appeared in a two column spreadsheet included a slew of politicians' names like presidential candidates Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) who is listed simply as "booker", Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) "harris", Sen. Elizabeth Warren "poca warren", House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) "pelosi."

In Naming Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), Hasson allegedly listed him as "Sen blumen jew."
The Motion for Detention Pending Trial in the case is available online.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:58 am

Yebbut, Social Justice Warriors are the true threat to the nation!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:52 am

Meanwhile, back at the funny-farm, Tucker Carlson loses it when he is asked why nobody at Fox has bothered to mention the problem of tax avoidance.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:54 am

:hehe: Guilty conscience I reckon.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:27 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:08 pm
I understand that lacking integrity to the degree that you do is often accompanied by a lack of genuine feeling.

Fortunately, being mostly genuine myself, I'm free to openly dislike shitty characters like yours.
Don't worry, you won't be getting warnings for personal attacks on me. Free for all, you go ahead and write anything that is in your black, flabby heart.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:42 am

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:55 am

Image :clap:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:01 pm

Tommy Robinson has his Facebook profile closed for violating FB's community standards.
Facebook wrote:When ideas and opinions cross the line and amount to hate speech that may create an environment of intimidation and exclusion for certain groups in society – in some cases with potentially dangerous offline implications – we take action.

Tommy Robinson’s Facebook page has repeatedly broken these standards, posting material that uses dehumanizing language and calls for violence targeted at Muslims. He has also behaved in ways that violate our policies around organized hate.

https://newsroom.fb.com/news/2019/02/re ... -robinson/
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:29 pm

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.