Republicans: continued

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:16 am

Svartalf wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:17 am
well, immigration is only a start, if he gets to power, he'll soon have the whole country in a regimental regime, totalitarism is not far when the population is too well integrated and not ready to complain enough...

and he was raised in Israel? is he a Jew? of course, Israeli Jews are the new Nazis... he may have taken more bad habits than one suspects when he was there.
He will never get into any position of power again. Rutte's first cabinet was supported by Wilders although he was not in the formation of it. It collapsed in a year. Rutte laid the full blame in Wilders lap. Since then no other party as even spoken to Wilders. We always have coalitions. That is why we have four parties in this coalition just to avoid Wilders and that is the way it will always be. The chance of Wilders gaining more than 50% of the vote is so small that no one believes he would make it. He is very quiet these days as he is losing in the polls.
We have Provincial elections next year which also defines the First Chamber by PR. Wilders has no one in the First Chamber which if he ever came to power in the Second Chamber would be a massive obstacle. Although the First Chamber cannot introduce bills he can keep sending back ones originated in the Second Chamber.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:39 am

Well, we have to hope you're right.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:43 am

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/ ... dit-949718
they are all in
The entire party is now Trump now that McCain is dead
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:08 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:28 am

I bet he didn't do it by calling them fascists.
Aren't you just making excuses for placing racist and fascist groups under the umbrella of the political mainstream? It's noticeable that you don't seem to extend the pleas to not disavow or dismiss the raggedy-right to even the moderately-left, and that in your efforts to oppose left-leaning politics it very much looks like you're concocting apologetics for hate groups and authoritarians.
[/quote]

No, I'm not 'placing racist and fascist groups under the umbrella of the political mainstream', they were there already.

Have you noticed, that everyone who isn't a Dem is considered 'racist and fascist'? It means that no-one is going to care if they are called that. The words have lost their power, with so many mis-using them.

The reason I recommended the movie is because of that the old guy is modelling and teaching. It's a feel-good movie, with just a little horror included.

As to making excuses, I say that everyone who has the right to vote, has the right to be heard in other ways. By labelling them 'deplorables', the 2016 Democrats excused themselves from hearing the other side, and they didn't hear the things which would have told them they were losing.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:12 pm

Cunt wrote:

No, I'm not 'placing racist and fascist groups under the umbrella of the political mainstream', they were there already.

Have you noticed, that everyone who isn't a Dem is considered 'racist and fascist'? It means that no-one is going to care if they are called that. The words have lost their power, with so many mis-using them.
As usual, you've totally skipped over the main point of recent posts. I'm not denying that some on the left can use the terms "racist" or "fascist" over-generously. However, you are almost using this to claim there are really no serious, full-on white supremacists or neo-nazis, and are ignoring the fact that the Republicans have included self-professed racists and fascists under their umbrella. Note the term "self-professed"; their reality does not depend on them being labelled by the left...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:08 pm

JimC wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:12 pm
Cunt wrote:

As usual, you've totally skipped over the main point of recent posts. I'm not denying that some on the left can use the terms "racist" or "fascist" over-generously. However, you are almost using this to claim there are really no serious, full-on white supremacists or neo-nazis, and are ignoring the fact that the Republicans have included self-professed racists and fascists under their umbrella. Note the term "self-professed"; their reality does not depend on them being labelled by the left...
I've heard people try to tell me that Tommy Robinson was a 'self-professed' racist, then the clip showed him hating on a religion.

If you want to oppose a certain kind of racist action, you will probably find me on your side. If, however, you want my support to protect someone from 'hate speech', I just stopped giving a fuck.

Does that make me a racist? Fascist? Threat?

I would, if I could, protect Tommy Robinson from the UK authorities, and allow him to report on anything he wanted to. Does that make me racist? Or anti-Islam? (I know what I am, but I'm wondering how you would label it)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:10 am

Tommy Robinson has, and continues to, operate on the principle that white skin is an undeniable personal virtue. I call him racist on that basis, because he is one, not because he once said something bad about Islam. You cannot research this for yourself by looking at the political agendas of the various white supremacist organisations and groups he has belonged to and/or administrated?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:03 am

The Long History Of Musicians Telling Republicans To Stop Playing Their Music

Springsteen objected to Reagan’s use of the song “Born in the U.S.A.” during the 1984 election.
Reagan also got dinged in 1984 by John Cougar Mellencamp for “Pink Houses.”
Bobby McFerrin objected to George H.W. Bush using the song “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” in 1988.
Sam & Dave objected to Bob Dole using the song “Soul Man” in 1996.
Springsteen objected to Dole using “Born in the U.S.A.” in 1996.
Mellencamp didn’t grant any more leeway to George W. Bushthan to Reagan. Mellencamp complained when Bush used “R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.” in 2000.
Tom Petty objected to Bush using the song “I Won’t Back Down” in 2000.
That same election, Sting objected to Bush using “Brand New Day.”
In a rare bit of bipartisanship in 2000, Sting also objected to Al Gore using “Brand New Day.”
John Hall of the band Orleans objected to Bush using the song “Still the One” during his re-election campaign in 2004.
Boston objected to Mike Huckabee using “More Than a Feeling” in 2008.
Van Halen objected to John McCain using “Right Now” in 2008.
Mellencamp is back! He complained about McCain using “Our Country” in 2008.
In the same election, Mellencamp had a problem with McCainusing the song “Pink Houses.”
Heart objected to McCain using “Barracuda.”
Jackson Browne objected to McCain using “Running on Empty.”
Bon Jovi objected to McCain using “Who Says You Can’t Go Home.”
The Foo Fighters stopped McCain from playing “My Hero.”
Tom Petty objected to McCain using “I Won’t Back Down.”
ABBA complained about McCain using “Take a Chance on Me.”
Sam Moore of Sam & Dave objected to Barack Obama using “Hold On, I’m Coming” during the 2008 election.
Survivor objected to Newt Gingrich using the song “Eye of the Tiger” in 2012.
Gingrich also was dinged by The Heavy for “How You Like Me Now.”
Also in 2012, Dee Snider of Twisted Sister objected to Mitt Romney using “We’re Not Gonna Take It.”
Silversun Pickups stopped Romney from playing “Panic Switch.”
K’Naan objected to Romney using the song “Wavin’ Flag.”
Survivor objected to Romney using “Eye of the Tiger.”
Tom Petty complained about Michele Bachmann using “American Girl” in 2012.
Katrina and the Waves objected to Bachmann playing “Walking on Sunshine.”
And finally, now we have Young’s complaint about Trump’s use of “Rockin’ in the Free World.”
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/th ... R8NUbrPUaQ
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:07 am

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:04 am

:biggrin:

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:15 pm

Brian Kemp Campaign Energized After Seeing Early Voter Suppression Numbers!
Onion
https://politics.theonion.com/brian-kem ... 1830158728
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:55 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:10 am
Tommy Robinson has, and continues to, operate on the principle that white skin is an undeniable personal virtue. I call him racist on that basis, because he is one, not because he once said something bad about Islam. You cannot research this for yourself by looking at the political agendas of the various white supremacist organisations and groups he has belonged to and/or administrated?
I listen to him, rather than you, about what he believes.

My guess is, you can't see past his 'racism', to value anything else he might say.

Tell me, Brian Peacock, are racists human? Are they all stupid? Should they be allowed the vote? Should they be allowed to have social media?

Is stamping out hate speech something you think the law should do?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:00 pm

Racism reflects upon the racist and tells those of us with a bit of sensitivity, a liberal and tolerant outlook that they are cunts. One can then treat them with that in mind. Simples.
Last edited by Rum on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:07 pm

Rum wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:00 pm
Racism reflects upon the racist and tells those of us with a bit of sensitivity. a liberal and tolerant outlook that they are cunts. One can then treat them with that in mind. Simples.
Are Islamic beliefs racist?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:16 pm

Cunt wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:07 pm
Rum wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:00 pm
Racism reflects upon the racist and tells those of us with a bit of sensitivity. a liberal and tolerant outlook that they are cunts. One can then treat them with that in mind. Simples.
Are Islamic beliefs racist?
Not as a rule. Islam is pretty inclusive from what I have read and seen. They'll take anyone as long as they submit to their god in utter subjugation.

But in any case it is people who are racist.