Republicans: continued

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by Svartalf » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:57 pm

is the embattled SVB maybe known to make donations to the Dems in preference to the elephants?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:40 pm

Yahoo:
The Colorado Republican praised the high rural teen birth rates as she said it was evidence these communities "value life."

"I'm going to tell you all for the first time in a public setting that not only am I a mom of four boys but come April, I will be a 'gigi' to a brand new grandson," Boebert said while speaking Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) event earlier this week.

She said that she and her husband Jayson "are so excited to welcome this new life into our family."

"Now my son, when I approached him and told him, 'Tyler, I'm going to be a 36-year-old grandmother,' he said, 'Well, didn't you make Granny a 36-year-old granny?'" Boebert said.

"I said, 'Yes, I did.' And he said, 'Well, then it's hereditary,'" she said jokingly.

The virulently anti-abortion Republican said that when she found out that her son's girlfriend was pregnant, her main concern was whether they would "choose life."

"There's something special about rural conservative communities — they value life.
(And shoot coyotes and the occasional intruder)
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:19 pm

What are the figures for rural families slaughtering their own animals for food? (cattle, sheep, pigs, fowl)

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:13 pm

Yeah. She hates Twitter on Twitter.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:50 am

Jim Jordan's committee weaponization extravaganzas have been about what you would expect. A shitshow sham in shirtsleeves. From The New Republic, so not sympathetic to the former wrestling coach with selective myopia.

'Republicans Are Scrambling to Invent Facts for Their Alternate Reality'
Representative Jim Jordan rarely makes a public appearance in which he does not look psychically frustrated on some deep level, but he has been having—for his standards—a rough time of late. You see, the Ohio Republican is currently pulling double duty as chairman of the House Judiciary Committee and heading up his other brainchild: the Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government, a weird star chamber in which the many tangled strands of the Fox News Extended Universe are expected to get a congressional hearing now that the GOP controls the House.

But as The New York Times recently reported, things have not been going well for Jordan. His first slew of ostensibly blockbuster whistleblowers have, according to Democrats on the panel, “offered little firsthand knowledge of any wrongdoing or violation of the law.” The Times reporters concur, describing the motley crew that Jordan has summoned as “people who do not meet the definition of a whistle-blower and who have engaged in partisan conduct that calls into question their credibility. Furthermore, it raises questions about whether Republicans will be able to deliver on their ambitious plans to uncover misdeeds at the highest levels.”

In fairness, these are the subcommittee’s early days. But what’s coming down the pike doesn’t look too promising. It plans to delve into a quickly scuttled plan to build a disinformation bureau at the Department of Homeland Security. It’ll be making hay over school board protests, a matter that Democrats on the panel seem well positioned to counter. And then there will be a fuller airing of the so-called “Twitter files,” Elon Musk’s seriocomic demonstration of the law of diminishing returns that now only occupies the imagination of a handful of people with Substack newsletters.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:55 pm

House Oversight committee dropped all Trump investigation to concentrate on Hunter Biden:
Since taking over the panel, Comer launched an investigation into the business practices of Hunter Biden and other Biden family members.

Comer's aide added that "there are several quite notable developments that have both solidified the committee’s understanding of several areas of concern and opened new avenues of investigation about the Biden family’s business schemes."
NBC

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:52 am

They can be depended on to pull some genuinely fucked up self-righteous cruel and zany crap out of their nether orifices. But, you know, 'freedom' and the God-given right to self defense or something, so vote Republican.

'Bill aiming to end corporal punishment for students with disabilities fails in Oklahoma'
A bill that sought to end corporal punishment in schools for students with disabilities failed in a close vote in the Oklahoma House of Representatives on Tuesday.

The measure was authored by Rep. John Talley, who told FOX 25 earlier this year that he experienced corporal punishment growing up.

“For the most part it means that you bend over and someone uses a board to hit you on the behind,” said Talley, a Republican. “It can really hurt because I had it used on me when I was a kid.”

He didn't believe that was something a student with special needs should deal with.

Talley found some support from Rep. Anthony Moore, a fellow Republican who debated in favor of the bill on Tuesday. Moore thought it would be an easy bill to pass because he didn’t think anyone would actually argue for using corporal punishment on kids with special needs.

"I told the author that number one I would co-author this with him, but that this would be an easy bill to carry because there's nobody whos going to be for corporal punishment on students with disabilities," Rep. Moore said. "I apologize to the author because apparently I was wrong."

One lawmaker who debated against the bill was Rep. Jim Olsen, who was adamant corporal punishment isn't a bad thing and that God agrees.

"Proverbs 13:24, 'he that spareth his rod hateth his son: But he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.' So it tells us that if you will not use the rod on a disobedient child, you do not love that child," Rep. Olsen said.

Olsen, a Republican, said God’s word is also above the American Academy of Pediatrics word, which lawmakers have mentioned has done studies about the detrimental effects of corporal punishment.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:31 am

Yeah, hitting kids is loving them.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:45 am

and raping women is just a way to show them just how much you love them too.... actually, any rape is a sign of love.

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:40 am

Svartalf wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:45 am
and raping women is just a way to show them just how much you love them too.... actually, any rape is a sign of love.
"Say it with a penis."

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:12 pm

:hehe:

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:18 pm

rasetsu wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:40 am
Svartalf wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:45 am
"Say it with a penis."
Penis mightier than a sword! :leave:
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:31 pm

Speaking of penis, my mom was afraid to say the name of Penney's department store here. She thought penis was pronounced "pennies." Like in Finnish.

Tero
Just saying