Republicans: continued

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:27 am

My brother once saw a Romanian woman take a dump in the tall grass on a roundabout in Sheffield. He said it's one of the most disgusting things he's ever seen in his life.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:42 am

gypsies are disgusting overall
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:02 pm

Well I don't think one should generalise from isolated incidents. I am sure there are plenty who don't defecate in public.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:08 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:My brother once saw a Romanian woman take a dump in the tall grass on a roundabout in Sheffield. He said it's one of the most disgusting things he's ever seen in his life.
How did he know she was Romanian? Was she wearing national costume?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:27 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:08 pm
Strontium Dog wrote:My brother once saw a Romanian woman take a dump in the tall grass on a roundabout in Sheffield. He said it's one of the most disgusting things he's ever seen in his life.

Most of the gypsies here are Romanian, I dare say she could have been Roma from another European country, I don't think he was in a rush to see her passport.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:47 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
She was a gysy and it's well known where they are from,

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:00 pm

I've seen the same in a back alley in Toronto by a homeless drunk.....so fucking what.....and there was no long grass.
The bigotry here is ridiculous
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:31 pm

The bigotry of *checks notes* saying people shouldn't generalise? :what:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:51 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:47 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Romany and traveller communities in the UK are overwhelmingly indigenous. Misidentifying members of an marginalised indigenous community as foreigners, or disgusting dirty foreigners as in Mr Dog's story, is useful if you have a certain distaste for the foreign and need to feel like you have a good reason for expressing it in public. There's probably more piss, shit, vomit, and sputum emitted in public from decent and honest true blue Englishmen on a Friday night in any averagely-sized market town than the entire output of the Romany and traveller communities in a year - but they're not vile Romanians of course, nor women for that matter.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:51 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:51 pm
or disgusting dirty foreigners as in Mr Dog's story

My story referred to a single individual, so I'm unclear why you have pluralised it. Or indeed, where the "misidentification" is.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:29 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:51 pm
Svartalf wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:47 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Romany and traveller communities in the UK are overwhelmingly indigenous. Misidentifying members of an marginalised indigenous community as foreigners, or disgusting dirty foreigners as in Mr Dog's story, is useful if you have a certain distaste for the foreign and need to feel like you have a good reason for expressing it in public. There's probably more piss, shit, vomit, and sputum emitted in public from decent and honest true blue Englishmen on a Friday night in any averagely-sized market town than the entire output of the Romany and traveller communities in a year - but they're not vile Romanians of course, nor women for that matter.
I know that about Irish Travellers, but am not sure about British ones... of course, most of my knowldge of them comes from bad literature , so you can say I know nothing. But I assumed that the Balkan Gypsies had made an inroad in your country, at the favor of the EU, before brexit.

and the english have been vile ever since they became prods and totallly un bearable... yeah, I'm airing some of my bad prejudice... I could not say if they were already vile as catholics, but what they did after becoming protestants, much of it is hard to forgive (and yeah, I'm French Canadian born, and a hibernophile)

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:54 am

You may be forgiven for dissing the English then but realllllly that was over top about the Roma who have been oppressed badly nearly everywhere.
Not like the Quebecois weren't. :banghead:
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:30 am

I'll grant that my previous dealings with such people (more hispanic Gitanos than actual roma or Tzigeuner/manouches ) have not left me with much regard for those people, or much liking for them to be within 3000 km of where I live.

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:44 am

They might in turn prefer you back in Quebec .... :prof:

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:54 am

who 'they', I've got my French passport . Actually, , I never applied for the Canadian one, even though I'm entitled to it.

Most of them may have right of soil citizenship, but I'm French inside my head.