Republicans: continued

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:05 am

Tero wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:58 am
The Republican Party Completely and Utterly Disgraced Itself at Michael Cohen's Hearing
The questioning from these products of the conservative bubble world was so bad it made a career hoodlum look good.

Not one Republican asked a question about the specific offenses that Cohen had illuminated in his opening statement.
Instead, they hammered away at Cohen's own crimes..
..Jim Jordan of Ohio, or to Jordan's fellow Freedom Caucasian, Mark Meadows of North Carolina, and those two jamokes couldn't get out of their own way.

Jordan insisted that some dark—Dare he say, Clintonian?—forces were behind Cohen's testimony, using the name of Lanny Davis, the old Clinton hand who is Cohen's attorney, as a conjuring word. Jordan expressed surprise that Cohen might have consulted with the chairmen of other committees before which he might testify. He got so insufferable that Steve Lynch, Democrat of Massachusetts, went all Southie on Jordan's mug, running through a litany of people connected with the Trump campaign and/or the administration* who have been arrested, indicted, convicted, or copped a plea.
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/p ... ace-trump/
From the above:
This was a vivid look into the chronic ward of the prion disease that has eaten away the higher functions of American conservatism—and, thus, those of the Republican Party as well—since Ronald Reagan first served up the monkey brains almost 40 years ago. These are the complete creatures of the talk-show culture, the perfect products of two and three generations of gerrymandered in-breeding. These are the monsters from inside The Bubble. You could see this moment coming during the Obama years, in which the country returned the two worst Congresses in American history, full to the gunwales with Bible-banging crazy people. Sooner or later, this was going to be all that was left, and it was going to have to confront a serious crisis with unserious people.
No kidding. The Republican party has been sending defective bozos like Jim Jordan to Congress in greater and greater numbers. It seems like he was leading the Republican choir they as they all sang the same pathetic ditty at the hearing: 'O, Cohen, You Dirty Rat!'

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:51 pm

Where do Republicans come from? Foxnews watchers!

On MSNBC tonite, it's MichaelCohenMichaelCohenMichaelCohenMichaelCohenMichaelCohenMichaelCohenMichaelCohenMichaelCohenMichaelCohen...

On Fox News tonite: it's NorthKoreaNorthKoreaNorthKoreaNorthKoreaNorthKoreaNorthKoreaNorthKoreaNorthKoreaNorthKorea...
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:03 pm

Former Gov. Paul LePage (R) tore apart a bill currently in the Maine state legislature that proposes essentially eliminating the Electoral College in favor of the popular vote because it would only “be minorities that elect” the President.

According to a Thursday Maine Beacon report, LePage told local radio station WVOM that the legislation would render him and other whites “a forgotten people.”

“Actually what would happen if they do what they say they’re gonna do is white people will not have anything to say,” LePage said. “It’s only going to be the minorities that would elect. It would be California, Texas, Florida.”

LePage has made some unrelated headlines lately, allegedly just finding out that his administration (thus, the taxpayers) spent $1,100 per night on Trump hotel rooms and contending that a lost 2018 House race was a “stolen election.”
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/lepa ... He5IJzQ9wA
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:47 pm

Elsewhere
Mark "some of my best friends are black" Meadows defended Trump against Cohen's accusations of racism. He did so, by pulling a totally, beyond the pale, racist stunt himself - in The House in front of the whole nation.

Other than the fact the Meadows himself is a confirmed, card-carrying racist, it is beyond all reason why he could ever think a stunt like that was good idea.

However, I can understand why no-one in GOP warned him. Its a party that is mostly comprised of, and dominated by, old white grey-haired men. There simply isn't the breadth of diversity there for the chances of someone with enough courage to understand what a mistake it would be.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:47 pm

CBA9248E-BEC2-46F4-9B5A-4365309800DC.jpeg

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:45 am

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:07 am

Alan C wrote:Dumbfuck Texas Repugnant thinks measles outbreaks are no big deal because of antibiotics.

Texas lawmaker not concerned about measles
Since its inception, vaccines for measles have been largely effective. The CDC estimates only about 2 to 5 percent of children who get the vaccine within the first 12 months contract measles.

Antibiotics, which are used to treat infections, are not effective against viruses.

Measles outbreaks in recent months have gained national attention with dozens of cases being reported in Washington.
I hope this isn't indicative of the caliber of GOP officials.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:22 am

I suspect ignorance of science is a requirement for nomination on a Republican ticket...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:27 am

I noted earlier in this thread that the Republican party is tending more and more to anti-vaccination idiocy. It fits with the overall trend of that party toward adopting militant scientific illiteracy in climate science denial and creationism. After all, it is known that laws requiring vaccination are basically Communist.

'Arizona Republican claims vaccines are just like Communism in bizarre tirade'
In a Facebook post, Arizona State Representative Kelly Townsend made the case that vaccines are somehow part of a Communist plot.

“The most holy and sacred last frontier of sovereignty is our own body,” the Republican wrote. “Dearest friends and people of Arizona, it seems we are prepared to give up our liberty, the very sovereignty of our body, because of measles.”

According to the Phoenix New Times, Gov. Doug Ducey (R-AZ) announced Wednesday that he was “pro-vaccination and anti-measles.” The disease was once eradicated, but an uptick in anti-vaccine parents have caused outbreaks in several states. Ducey has promised, “not to sign any legislation that would reduce the number of children being vaccinated.”

The Times also noted that Townsend has a history of making inaccurate statements on her social media accounts. In past posts, Townsend has posted that women who do not dress in a moral way don’t have a defense if they are raped.

“I read yesterday that the idea is being floated that if not enough people get vaccinated, then we are going to force them to,” she also wrote. “The idea that we force someone to give up their liberty for the sake of the collective is not based on American values but rather, Communist.”

Oddly enough, Towsend called vaccines a breach of liberty, but she believes the government should control women’s bodies and be able to breach liberty to make decisions about pregnancies.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:29 am

I'm surprised she didn't manage to fit in the phrase "vital bodily fluids" somewhere...
And my gin!

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:43 am

#toodumbforgovernment

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:45 am

What are we going to do about America?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:08 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:45 am
What are we going to do about America?
Send them to bed without any supper!
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:15 am

Another example of US Republican brilliance.

'Rep. Paul Gosar says climate change isn't real because of photosynthesis'
At a Capitol Hill press conference Wednesday opposing the Green New Deal, Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) was asked by a young person what he is doing to address climate change. He responded:
"Unfortunately you haven't been taught about photosynthesis. Photosynthesis is where plants take carbon dioxide to produce oxygen. That's a problem in today's world. We haven't taught kids exactly what's going on in America and in science."

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:36 am

Brain transplants?

Worth a try...
And my gin!