Republicans: continued

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by Animavore » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:04 am

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:25 am

Welp, so much for the blatant lie that the Republican tax cut for large corporations and wealthy Americans would pay for itself. The US economy is doing OK, but revenue is down. Clearly, the only solution is to cut funds allocated for helping the poor.

'Federal deficit estimated at $984B, highest in seven years'
The federal budget deficit for 2019 is estimated at $984 billion, a hefty 4.7 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) and the highest since 2012, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) said on Monday.

The difference between federal spending and revenue has only ever exceeded $1 trillion four times, in the period immediately following the global financial crisis.

The deficit, which has grown every year since 2015, is $205 billion higher than it was in 2018, a jump of 26 percent.

The CBO has warned that the nation's debt is on an unsustainable path. Higher levels of debt increase borrowing costs, make it harder for the government to battle economic downturns and increase the share of future spending devoted to paying off interest costs.

Since President Trump took office, the GOP has passed a massive tax cut package that reduced revenue, while Democrats and Republicans have agreed to increase spending year after year.

Budget watchers note that the main drivers of the deficit, however, come from automatic spending programs such as Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:51 am

what do you expect, you stop gathering money where it is abundant, and are surprised at revenue falling?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:16 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:25 am
The US economy is doing OK, but revenue is down.
Sort of like buying a new car and maxing out on the credit cards. It might look like you're doing well, but no, not really. :nono:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:48 pm

You cant trust American data. It is a load of shit.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:02 pm

Further evidence (as if that were wanted) that Republican politicians are a particularly despicable life form. 'We'll agree to some of the things you need to participate, but only if we get to change the laws to favor our party.'

'Paralyzed Wisconsin lawmaker Jimmy Anderson assails GOP's plan to accommodate his disability'
A paralyzed Wisconsin lawmaker lashed out at his Republican colleagues Thursday, saying accommodations they gave him after a months-long fight were short of what he needed.

"You disregard my accommodation request with the wave of a hand as if it's too much," Rep. Jimmy Anderson of Fitchburg told other lawmakers.

On a 61-35 party-line vote, the Assembly adjusted its rules to allow those with disabilities to phone into committee meetings. Democrats opposed the rule because it didn't include everything Anderson wanted, such as a ban on overnight sessions.

Republicans in the Assembly adopted other changes Democrats opposed, including ones that would allow Republicans to try to override vetoes multiple times and prevent Democrats from forcing votes on legislation they favor.

Initially, Republicans planned to make all the rules changes as one package. They broke it into two proposals to try to attract Democratic votes, but Democrats didn't go along with either set of rule changes.

One change included in Assembly Resolution 13 would allow state representatives to try to override [Governor] Evers' vetoes as often as they like. The resolution passed 60-35, with Republican Rep. Scott Allen of Waukesha joining all Democrats in opposing it.

For years, the Assembly could vote just once on overriding each veto.

Republicans control the Assembly 63-36 and Senate 19-14 — shy of the two-thirds margin needed in each house to override a veto.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:54 am

84FDD467-F99F-4687-9B53-7BC4249E77D0.jpeg
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:38 pm

Republican Rep. Liz Cheney Suggests Turkey Invaded Syria Because of Democrats' Impeachment Inquiry
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:37 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:48 pm
You cant trust American data. It is a load of shit.
Then the US economy must be doing badly but tax revenues are up!
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:32 am

You pays your money.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:30 pm

This has gone too far. The deep state is conspiring with charter bus services in the US, thwarting Trump supporters in their glorious mission to MAGA™. Get Trey Gowdy in to investigate at once.

'No, This Charter Bus Company Did Not Sabotage the Trump Rally'
A couple hundred Donald Trump fans rallied outside Congress on Thursday for the “March for Trump,” an event meant to oppose House Democrats’ impeachment investigation. According to organizers, though, there would have been hundreds more people shouting “stop the coup” in Washington’s streets if not for a liberal plot against their buses.

That’s because, as would-be rally attendees gathered across the East Coast for the US Coachways buses that the organizer had promised would take them to Washington, those buses never showed.

The no-shows provoked a wave of anger, accusations that the “deep state” had colluded to stop a show of Trump support in Washington, and negative reviews aimed at US Coachways.

But US Coachways has a simpler explanation for what happened—it was never paid for the requested buses due to a series of declined credit card payments.

“We want to get people down there,” Joseph Heap, US Coachways’ chief marketing officer, told The Daily Beast. “But unfortunately, payment is required.”

Heap said one of the rally’s organizers contacted the bus company 10 days before the event, on Oct. 7, and attempted to organize buses in multiple states, including New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, and North Carolina. As the event neared, though, the organizer still hadn’t put a deposit down on the buses—potentially leaving US Coachways on the hook for thousands of dollars.

Heap said the organizer only officially confirmed the buses at 3 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon, just hours before the first bus had to leave at 11:30 p.m. Complicating matters, according to Heap, were Department of Transportation regulations that required two drivers for some of the buses.

“This was not an easy logistical package,” Heap said.

Still, US Coachways agreed to organize the last-minute bus order. But when the company tried to run the organizer’s credit card to pay for the buses, it was repeatedly declined, with only a charge for one of the buses succeeding.

“We were still there, ready to do this,” Heap said. “But unfortunately, her credit card kept declining.”

Heap said US Coachways spoke repeatedly to the rally organizer in an attempt to make the credit card payments go through. But when the company could not get the credit card not to decline, he said, “We had no choice but to cancel.”

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:25 pm

Cheapskate Trumpists... :nono:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:29 am

Draining the swamp Trump style into your cabinet in the territories, Trump style:
Former Rep. – Current Governor Kristi Noem (R-South Dakota): Sanford Health’s executives, employees, and lobbyists are the #1 all-time campaign donor to Noem’s federal committee ($110,462). Top executives provided Noem campaign donations early in her career including $7,500 from CEO Kelby Krabbenhoft.

In 2019, Noem was sworn in as governor of South Dakota. She’s appointed two Sanford executives to head up state agencies. Noem’s transition chief was a Sanford lobbyist.

Governor Noem has proposed aiding the state’s nursing home industry by raising the rate of Medicaid payments and providing $5 million in grants to help innovate facilities. Sanford Health owns 32 nursing homes in South Dakota.

Does Sanford Health really need taxpayer aid? This “nonprofit” organization has annual revenues of $3.7 billion, assets of $2.8 billion, and paid it’s CEO $2.2 million last year.
http://forbes.com/sites/adamandrzejewsk ... 4a1eca1287
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:12 pm

'Peter Delight' Yeah, OK, what a guy.

'"Pierre Delecto" Mitt Romney admits Twitter alter ego'
Republican Senator Mitt Romney has admitted to using a secret Twitter account under the pseudonym "Pierre Delecto" to follow politicians, journalists and fan accounts for himself, Slate Magazine reported.

Romney mentioned his use of the secret account in a profile published in the Atlantic on Sunday, referring to himself as a "lurker" for surreptitiously following the political conversation on social media.

After a Slate reporter identified Romney's secret account under the name "Pierre Delecto," Romney, who represents Utah, confirmed to the Atlantic that the account was his.

"C'est moi," Romney said in confirmation over the phone, the Atlantic reported.

Representatives for Romney were not immediately available for comment.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:14 pm

Lmao. I still like "Carlos Danger" best though...
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka