Re: Republicans: continued

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:12 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:26 am
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:56 am
Forty Two wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:55 pm
[snipped self-indulgent screed of whataboutism] The list goes on forever ...
Not a single source cited for any of this, eh?
Because most have pretty much been discussed before, and ignored. The internet is rife with examples, too, of threats to Trump, starting with the protest against his inauguration. The list I went through is not particularly controversial.
Good to know that in future I can just wave my hand and enunciate some variation of the 'it's common knowledge' magic incantation, and all questions about the veracity of my claims are banished.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:41 pm

I never banished questions about the veracity of my claims. Most of that list were discussed and linked elsewhere. I don't feel the need to defend the fact that Democrats have been screetching for the last 2 years about hounding Republicans and not giving them any peace - don't let them eat dinner - don't let them go out in public - like Maxine Waters said, make sure they know they're not welcome.

I guess the screetching, in their minds, can only go in one direction. They don't like it when people want to even criticize the commentary of their side. Now, if you just say that what Ilhan Omar says is antisemitic or minimizing the horror of 9/11, oh, NOW it's too far - because now such criticisms are going to incite people to screetch at Ihan Omar.

Calling Trump treasonous and vile and belonging in the dustbin, etc., that doesn't incite anyone to do anything, I guess. Then people have a fundamental right even to keep security clearances - not just spew insults at the President, but he should be powerless to respond in any way.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:24 am

Since you claim that the internet is 'rife' with examples, it should be easy enough to support your claims. I questioned two in the post you clipped:

1. Democrats (previously the 'moderate left') cheering the Steve Scalise shooting and wishing he was dead.

2. Trump got 'increased death threats' after Brennan's public statements.

You've now posted a third I'd like to see you substantiate--threats made against Trump at the protest against his inauguration.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:32 am

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:50 pm

liberals passive active.jpg
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:24 pm

Male lawmaker says he’s trying to restrict abortion because women ‘are not having enough babies’
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/male-l ... gh-babies/
Delaware state Rep. Richard Collins (R) said this week that he was sponsoring an anti-abortion bill because women are not replenishing the U.S. population quickly enough.

While speaking to WGMD-FM on Tuesday, Collins explained that he was introducing a bill that would require women to listen to the fetal heartbeat before having an abortion. A second bill would outlaw abortion after 20 weeks.

“God is moving in strange and wonderful ways, folks,” the lawmaker insisted. “Gun bills that we’ve talked about will save essentially no lives because it will have no impact on criminals getting of keeping their guns. But every single year, we kill hundreds of people in abortions.”

“You know, we have a massive problem in this country,” he continued. “Our birthrate is way, way below replacement [levels]. You know, we are just not having enough babies.”
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:34 pm

that guy needs a good tarring and feathering to make him conscious of what is acceptable and what is not.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:02 pm

Force women to have children they don't want, what could go wrong?

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:59 am

Wisconsin Republicans Are Yucking It Up About AOC's Green New Deal While Trade Wars Crush Dairy Farmers

Wisconsin lost 500 dairy farms in 2017, and about 150 have quit milking cows so far this year, putting the total number of milk-cow herds at around 7,600 — down 20 percent from five years ago. With collapsed prices of milk, grain and other commodities, farmers are losing money no matter how many 16-hour days they put in milking cows, caring for livestock and planting and harvesting crops. Small dairy farms have been disappearing from the rural landscape for decades, but the problem has been compounded by a sharp decline in farm-milk prices that's now in its third year and has spread across the country.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/p ... -new-deal/

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:53 am

Russian Billionaire Invests $200M in McConnell’s Home State After Sanctions Lifted.

At the height of the winter shutdown, another drama played out on Capitol Hill over sanctions of businesses owned by Russian oligarch and Trump ally Oleg Deripaska. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky) was instrumental in weakening those sanctions over bipartisan opposition.

Republicans defected from McConnell’s coalition in the administration’s attempt to roll back sanctions on Deripaska, but McConnell was able to navigate his caucus well enough to preserve the Trump administration’s interest in lifting sanctions.

Now, Rusal — an aluminum company controlled by Deripaska — is investing $200 million in an Ashland, Kentucky mill operated by startup Braidy Industries. The Ashland mill will be the largest domestic aluminum venture in decades.

Rusal will take a 40% stake in the mill, which will churn out metals for the automotive and aerospace industries.
https://gritpost.com/russian-mitch-mcco ... UmCUwvUjes
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:04 am

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:05 am

Onward idiocrat soldiers, marching as to war.

'Republicans reject Democratic attempts to tighten vaccine laws'
Most Republicans are rejecting Democrat-led state bills to tighten childhood immunization laws in the midst of the worst measles outbreak in two decades, alarming public health experts who fear the nation could become as divided over vaccines as it is over global warming.

Democrats in six states — Colorado, Arizona, New Jersey, Washington, New York and Maine — have authored or co-sponsored bills to make it harder for parents to avoid vaccinating their school-age children, and mostly faced GOP opposition. Meanwhile in West Virginia and Mississippi, states with some of the nation’s strictest vaccination laws, Republican lawmakers have introduced measures to expand vaccine exemptions, although it’s not yet clear how much traction they have.

In Washington state, which has one of the biggest measles outbreaks, a bill in the state Senate to narrow vaccine exemptions passed through the health committee without the support of a single Republican. The same thing happened in legislative committees in Colorado and Maine over the past week.

All states have mandatory vaccination laws, but they vary in how liberally they dispense exemptions on religious or philosophical grounds. That’s getting scrutiny as measles spreads.

Democrats present bills tightening the loopholes as science-based and necessary to fight disease, while sometimes demeaning their foes as misguided or selfish “anti-vaxxers.“ Republicans portray themselves as equally enthusiastic about the life-saving virtues of vaccines, but many are loath to diminish the right of parental control over their children’s bodies, and yield that power to the government.

Of course there are vaccine skeptics on the left, too, Robert Kennedy Jr. being the most prominent example. But to date, their influence isn’t as strong in state legislatures.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:15 am

GOP - The party of science.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:40 am

Svartalf wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:34 pm
that guy needs a good tarring and feathering to make him conscious of what is acceptable and what is not.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:48 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:15 am
GOP - The party of science.
It's the only party defending freedom in the USA. If governments are permitted to force immunisation for the good of society, they will finish up with the right to perform summary executions of libertarians, billionaires and billionaire aspirants in the same grounds. :prof:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould