Jamal Khashoggi

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: Jamal Khashoggi

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:18 pm

Perhaps not in this thread, but at some point when there were death sentences handed down in this case, I commented that it seemed very unlikely they'd ever be carried out. That in fact the sentences would be commuted to prison terms, and then in due time the prison terms would be commuted and the prisoners would be quietly shuffled out the back door. Step one accomplished.

'Saudi scraps death sentences over Khashoggi murder, jails 8'
A Saudi court Monday overturned five death sentences over journalist Jamal Khashoggi's murder in a final ruling that jailed eight defendants to between seven and 20 years, state media reported.

"Five of the convicts were given 20 years in prison and another three were jailed for 7-10 years," the official Saudi Press Agency said, citing a spokesman for the public prosecutor.

None of the defendants were named in what was described as the final court ruling on the killing which had sparked an international outcry.

The verdict came after Khashoggi's sons said in May they had "pardoned" the killers, a move condemned as a "parody of justice" by a UN expert.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:23 pm

Murder a dude in your embassy on foreign soil and get a couple of years. Say "Allah sucks donkey ass" and get your head chopped off. Lovely fucking place, Saudi Arabia. Lovely fucking religion, too.

I never found anything at all in Saudi culture to recommend it. You could not pay me enough money to go back to that medieval shithole.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:15 am

Nothing at all lak. Everything you read about the place is just disgusting.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:40 pm

The Biden administration is expected to release a report soon that addresses the key question in the 2018 killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi: What role, if any, did Saudi Arabia's crown prince have in the death?
The Biden administration is expected to release a report soon that addresses the key question in the 2018 killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi: What role, if any, did Saudi Arabia's crown prince have in the death?

If the report by the U.S. intelligence community implicates Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in any way, it would damage the already complicated relations between the traditional allies.

The basic facts are clear. Khashoggi, 59, was a Saudi citizen living in Northern Virginia and writing columns for The Washington Post that were often critical of the Saudi monarchy. He was killed during a visit to the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2, 2018. His body was dismembered and his remains have never been found.

Saudi Arabia initially denied knowledge of what happened to Khashoggi. But in the face of intense international pressure, the kingdom blamed his death on "rogue" security officials. The Saudis continue to insist the crown prince was not involved.

But many believe otherwise.
https://www.npr.org/2021/02/25/97121578 ... -khashoggi

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:20 pm

Jamal Khashoggi was killed by a Saudi hit squad operating under the command of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS), United States intelligence agencies concluded.

A unclassified US intelligence report released on Friday confirms for the first time what role top US intelligence officials believe Saudi Arabia’s de facto ruler played in the 2018 killing of the Saudi journalist.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/2/2 ... tel-report

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:44 pm

His body was dismembered and his remains have never been found.
This seems odd to me. Could they have amputated a few limbs, and kept him alive? Ridiculous since he didn't seem to have reason to go into 'witness protection', but I remember an old movie (book?) where that trick was used...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:03 pm

Thuggish psych 101 :dunno:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:04 pm

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:53 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:03 pm
Thuggish psych 101 :dunno:
Precisely, and not particularly unusual, though frowned on in the 21st century. It predates Voltaire's sardonic formulation by millennia: Pour encourager les autres.