"The butt of global jokes": who might this be? (Talk Trump)

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: "The butt of global jokes": who might this be? (Talk Trump)

Post by Animavore » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:32 pm

We have other Trumpettes. One in particular is straoght out with his Nazism instead of hiding it behind weasel words. Haven't seen them in a while. Probably preparing themselves for a mass shooting somewhere.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:34 pm

Seabass wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:31 pm
Huckasanders and her Ministry of Truth spreading Infowars BS, eh? Any other press sec would have been fired and run out of town. But in the Trump era, it's just another fucking Wednesday.
Speaking of running out of town... When?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:42 pm

Who, Huckasanders? I'm sure Trump will keep around as long as she doesn't grow a conscience. :dunno:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:44 pm

Seabass wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:42 pm
Who, Huckasanders? I'm sure Trump will keep around as long as she doesn't grow a conscience. :dunno:
I mean your corrupt government?

There's a lesson in there.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:47 pm

Step 1 - Put Politician in Rubbish Bin
Step 2 - Film it
Step 3 - Revolution success??

I'm wondering what school of insurrection these guys studied at.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:49 pm

I was going to post Mussolini and his family hanging upside down but thought it might be bad taste.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:07 pm

I think this method would be funnier.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:15 pm

White Nationalist Leader Posts Pictures of Casual White House Visit a Day After Midterms
A day after the midterms, the stakes of the Trump presidency were again on display Wednesday, as Patrick Casey, the leader of the white nationalist neo-Nazi group Identity Evropa visited the White House. Casey posted pictures on Twitter of the South Lawn of the White House along with the caption “Evropa has landed at the White House!” It’s unclear the nature and extent of the visit, but the area Casey is accessing is pretty clearly outside the bounds of what would be a normal White House tour. For access to the working parts of the White House, visitors must be accompanied by a staff member. Casey posed for photographs outside the South Portico of the White House and in front of the Oval Office from South Lawn Road.
more: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... tures.html

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:59 pm

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:02 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:46 am
what wiki is that? It purports to be wikipedia but the graphics are not the same... at any rate, I'm not really trusting that for objective descrtiption of the character.
It's the mobile version of the site.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:00 pm

thanks, took me a while to understand
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:25 am

Turns out that the White House has shared a doctored video of the interaction between Jim Acosta and the woman handling the microphone duties, doctored to make it look worse than it was. Calling him an enemy of the people, and then using propaganda to justify it. I think this is legitimately the first occasion that's made me start to wonder about the idea of creeping fascism. This is exactly how you'd expect fascists to act.

edit: I see Ani linked to an article about it here http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 3#p1798396
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:49 am

These accusations of fascism are outrageous, I say! Slanderous! Scurrilous! They's downright offensive! Those pesky college kids with their pronoun policing... they are the true fascists!

Meanwhile, Trump's man for AG Matthew Whitaker turns out to be a christofascist:
Matthew Whitaker's troubling opinion: Judges need a biblical view
"I'd like to see things like their world view, what informs them. Are they people of faith? Do they have a biblical view of justice?"

If elected to the U.S. Senate, former U.S. Attorney Matt Whitaker says he would only support federal judges who have a Biblical view, and specifically a New Testament view, of justice. "If they have a secular world view, then I'm going to be very concerned about how they judge," Whitaker said at an April 25, 2014, Family Leader debate.

Whitaker didn't return my call to his office, but as a lawyer, one might expect him to know that setting religious conditions for holding a public office would violate the Iowa and U.S. constitutions. He was effectively saying that if elected, he would see no place for a judge of Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, agnostic or other faith, or of no faith. Yet no one in the audience or on the podium seemed to have a problem with that, and his answer drew applause.
But Whitaker went the farthest: "Natural law often times is used from the eye of the beholder and what I would like to see — I'd like to see things like their world view, what informs them. Are they people of faith? Do they have a biblical view of justice? — which I think is very important because we all know that our government ..."

"Levitical or New Testament?" interrupted Erickson.

"I'm a New Testament," continued Whitaker. "And what I know is as long as they have that world view, that they'll be a good judge. And if they have a secular world view, where this is all we have here on Earth, then I'm going to be very concerned about that judge."
more: https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 923393002/

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:43 am

Yurrup has christian judges too, and no constitution to protect them from theocracy. Therefore no problem with creeping theocracy in the US.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:51 am

Speaking of judges, those horrible, horrible judicial activists in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals (located in San Francisco, need I say more?!) have stopped the great US president Trump from protecting the country from those vicious cantaloupe-calved drug smugglers who sneakily came into the US as children. I'm sure the US Supreme Court will set this right, but meanwhile the country must suffer their continued presence. :x

'Appeals court upholds block on Trump’s attempt to end DACA'
A federal appeals court on Thursday upheld a lower court's temporary order preventing President Donald Trump from ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that Trump’s decision to phase out the Obama-era DACA program, which allows roughly 700,000 undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children to obtain work permits and protects them from deportation, was likely “arbitrary, capricious, or otherwise not in accordance with law.”

The Trump administration earlier this week petitioned the Supreme Court to take up several cases over the decision to end DACA. In a related filing, the Justice Department said the justices should intervene in order to ensure an “appropriately prompt resolution“ in the litigation.

The 9th Circuit decision preserves the status quo for the moment and will require the administration to continue accepting DACA renewal applications.