"The butt of global jokes": who might this be? (Talk Trump)

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: "The butt of global jokes": who might this be? (Talk Trump)

Post by Tero » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:54 pm

What we did find, and Hill forgot to mention
The FBI's scrutiny of Donald Trump's wider presidential campaign team over fears of collusion with Kremlin election-meddling began as far back as the summer of 2016, according to the former FBI Director James Comey.

Comey revealed in testimony to congressional investigators that four Americans somehow connected to the campaign, but not Trump himself, had come into the FBI's sights in late July, well before polling day.

Comey did not name the four Americans. But he mentioned them again later in the interview when Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, a Democrat, pressed him further.

“Those individuals were affiliated with the campaign?” she said. “I believe they were in some form.”

Comey also came to the defense of Peter Strzok, a former FBI agent who headed the counterintelligence operation into Hillary Clinton’s use of her personal email server. Strzok also worked on Mueller’s investigation but was fired in summer of 2017 when text messages were released that showed he had spoken unfavorably about Trump.

After questioning about the former agent from Democratic Rep. Steven Cohen, Comey said he never saw any bias from Strzok.

“It's hard for me to see how he was on Team Clinton secretly at that point in time,” Comey said. “He also was one of the handful of people in the entire world who knew we were investigating four Americans who had some connection to Mr. Trump during the summer of 2016, and he didn't tell a soul.”

“Which investigation is he a witness in?” Gowdy asked.

“To the special counsel,” Bessee said, switching her phrasing on Comey’s witness status. “He said he is a potential witness.”

“Well, you just said witness,” Gowdy said. “Is there an obstruction of justice investigation?”

“I believe there is an investigation that the special counsel is looking into,” Bessee said.

“The term ‘Russia investigation’ often refers to two different things: first, the investigation to understand what are the Russians doing to interfere in our election during the 2015-16 period; and then, second, it's often used to refer to the counterintelligence investigations that the FBI opened in late July,” Comey said, adding that he did not understand what the word “collusion” meant.

“I've never heard the term ‘collusion’ used in the way it's been used in our world over the last couple years before that,” Comey said. “I don't know of a crime that involves collusion.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/mueller-i ... ref=scroll

The legal term is conspiracy, not collusion

col·lu·sion
/kəˈlo͞oZHən/Submit
noun
secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.
"the armed forces were working in collusion with drug traffickers"
synonyms: conspiracy, connivance, complicity, intrigue, plotting, secret understanding, collaboration, scheming
"there had been collusion between the security forces and paramilitary groups"
LAW
illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially between ostensible opponents in a lawsuit.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:15 pm

And if the FBI had corroborated or contradicted everything in the dossier before applying for a special warrant then they wouldn't have had to apply for a special warrant. The idea that you have to know that something is true or false before you investigate whether it is true or false is the go-to fallacy of those over-invested in their own ideas.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:56 pm

Mudbound is a tender and compelling story of black pain that’s set in the Mississippi Delta during World War II. The overarching theme—which is what enraged me—was sadly familiar: White people belittling, dehumanizing, and violently attacking black folks with impunity. Meanwhile, the black people have no choice but to act benevolently toward whites for fear of more punishment. It states in the white-supremacy handbook that those brutalized by racism must be virtuous in the face of indignity—because it would be inhumane to be impolite to racists.

I felt Mudbound-level anger—and for the same reason—when I watched the awkward exchange between the Trumps and the Obamas at the state funeral for former President George H. W. Bush. The couples were seated next to each other. Former President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, both politely nodded at the first couple and graciously shook their hands. In that moment, I wished it wasn’t Michelle Obama who had coined the phrase When they go low, we go high.

The Obamas didn’t go low when they interacted with the Trumps, because that’s just not how they operate. And it’s not like I expected anything different at a state funeral. Former President Obama has always, always exhibited a maddening allegiance to institutional respect, even if it wasn’t returned. (All too often, it wasn’t.)

Still, it was infuriating to see the Obamas graciously engage with the man who spent years vociferously promoting the racist conspiracy theory that the former president is a Muslim who wasn’t born in the United States. Also recall that Donald Trump repeatedly challenged Obama to produce his college-admissions records—because it wasn’t enough for Trump to try to invalidate Obama’s presidency, he had to question Obama’s intellect.

Trump was rewarded with the presidency for his ugliness. And, as president, Trump is often given special credit for behaving like an adult, as he was at the state funeral. The Obamas were also praised for their magnanimity—but the difference is that the Obamas were the aggrieved party, not Trump.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... Z3H32Dow5Y
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:04 pm

The difference.

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:46 pm

The Trump administration has joined with Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait in an effort to downgrade the UN response to an important report on climate change. One more 'great accomplishment' to add to the list.

'US and Russia ally with Saudi Arabia to water down climate pledge'
The US and Russia have thrown climate talks into disarray by allying with Saudi Arabia and Kuwait to water down approval of a landmark report on the need to keep global warming below 1.5C.

After a heated two-and-a-half-hour debate on Saturday night, the backwards step by the four major oil producers shocked delegates at the UN climate conference in Katowice as ministers flew in for the final week of high-level discussions.

It has also raised fears among scientists that the US president, Donald Trump, is going from passively withdrawing from climate talks to actively undermining them alongside a coalition of climate deniers.

Two months ago, representatives from the world’s governments hugged after agreeing on the 1.5C report by the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), commissioned to spell out the dire consequences should that level of warming be exceeded and how it can be avoided.

Reaching a global consensus was a painstaking process involving thousands of scientists sifting through years of research and diplomats working through the night to ensure the wording was acceptable to all nations.

But when it was submitted to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change on Saturday, the four oil allies – with Saudi Arabia as the most obdurate – rejected a motion to “welcome” the study. Instead, they said it should merely be “noted”, which would make it much easier for governments to ignore. The motion has not yet been able to pass as a result of the lack of consensus.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:30 pm

Russia, Saudi, and the US collaborating in climate change denial? Who'd have thought the great three democracies would fall for that, eh?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:53 pm

Just think of how low unemployment will be after we've turned the planet into a big molten fireball! So much winning! And still no gratitude from the haters and losers. SAD!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:31 pm

Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:00 am

The Trump pick to replace the malevolent elf Sessions as US Attorney General is par for the course: just about as vile as Sessions.

'Trump’s Attorney General Pick William Barr Rejects Separation Of Church And State'
Barr is a states’ rights, religious conservative who believes women do not have a constitutional right to abortion, that Roe vs. Wade was wrongly decided, and that the legality of abortion should be determined by individual states.

As attorney general under the late President George H.W. Bush, Barr was the architect of America’s failed war on drugs and the current punitive criminal justice system. Barr was and is a big proponent of mass incarceration, despite the fact that research shows such a system fosters and promotes racial discrimination.

Bottom line: William Barr is a dangerous religious conservative who rejects the separation of church and state, rejects equal rights for LGBT people, calls secularists “fanatics,” and blames secularism for the nation’s supposed “moral decline.”

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:43 am

Trump is a liberal.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:54 pm

Former CIA Director John Brennan blasted President Trump after he downplayed allegations of campaign finance violations by calling them a “private transaction.”

Responding to Trump’s Monday morning tweets, the harsh Trump critic said he is “relieved” that Trump "will never have the opportunity to run for public office again."

“Whenever you send out such inane tweets, I take great solace in knowing that you realize how much trouble you are in & how impossible it will be for you to escape American justice,” Brennan tweeted. “Mostly, I am relieved that you will never have the opportunity to run for public office again.”
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... r-have-the

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:15 pm