"The butt of global jokes": who might this be? (Talk Trump)

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: "The butt of global jokes": who might this be? (Talk Trump)

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:41 am

It's not illegal to be a bankrupt man-baby.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Re:

Post by Animavore » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:07 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:18 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:14 pm
Forty Two wrote:... the climate mob ...
:tea:
yeah, exactly. It's seems 42 has finally come out as a climate science denier. Ani, take him off ignore for a bit so you can sort him out.
According to Brian he accepts the science but rejects solutions. I'm not botheted talking to people who are so wedded to their ideology that they would rather see our environment destroyed than make concessions. Who dismisses people as 'alarmist' as we witness temperatures and sea levels tise, droughts and extreme weather increase, a collapse in biodiversity and coral reefs, a dwindling of sea ice and glaciers, which currently results in epidemics and climate migrants because heaven forbid they face the facts dead on and the social responsibility that entails because they fear it compromises their doctrine of hyper-individualism which shuns helping people.

I read your replies to him all the time. I don't even have to read his posts to get the context because he's another, unoriginal Jordan Peterson/Ben Shapiro wannabe dropping Breitbart/Fox News/Alt-Right/(ha-ha)InfoWars talking points with a severe, rabid almost, anti-liberal bent such that any idea uttered from a liberal's mouth must be rejected, whether the idea is good or not. Even if they say the sky is blue they must argue that it's not. And all I see are you going around and around in circles. You destroy his arguments, he goes away, then comes back weeks later and argues them again as if they weren't debunked.

On top of that he is a Trump cultist. Ever notice how he never has a bad thing to say about Trump? EVER? Not even a minor disagreement.

That's not natural.

I have my hero's too but I don't feel I have to agree with everything or even outright object to some things. Dawkins should stick to science. Sagan had some bat shit ideas about aliens. Hawking knows fuck all about AI. Obama was a bit trigger happy with the drones...etc

The only people who nod and agree with everything their leader say.* In fact even are discouraged from questioning the their leader. Are cultists. He is a cultist and a comolete waste of my time. I don't even have the skill set for deprogramming the brainwashed anyway.

*Though we've all noticed that when Trump does something really objectional he slinks off 'til it blows over then comes back a week later with a thread attacking some low hanging fruit.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:25 am

The trouble is he is not alone in America.

I read in an article about polling figures an interesting phrase: "In America you have adults and voters". The two are not always the same.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:45 am

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:53 am

Good ol' Ben Shapiro. Is Coity a fan of his too?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:01 am

Ok. I'm seeing the first law of thermodynamics.... What of it? :dunno:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:08 am

It is true that the full phrase "renewable energy source" is a better description...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:14 am

People know what you mean when you use the shorthand.

The likes of Shapiro just use pedantry as an arguing point. They think it's clever, but it's on the same level as a child who keeps asking "Why?" just to annoy.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:23 am

Solar panels are draining the sun.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:32 am

Animavore wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:14 am
People know what you mean when you use the shorthand.

The likes of Shapiro just use pedantry as an arguing point. They think it's clever, but it's on the same level as a child who keeps asking "Why?" just to annoy.
I don't think he's being pedantic. It's more likely that he doesn't get that earth isn't an isolated system. Of course, there's nothing wrong with not understanding something, but to then call those who do "dumbass" is pretty galling. I don't think I could make up a more perfect example of Dunning-Kruger.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:37 am

By mad coincidence this just appeared in my Facebook feed posted by a friend.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:39 am

Someone in the comment section pointed out he means the second law. Lol.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:42 am

Cunt will be along shortly with a YouTube video of Shapiro, and ask us to disprove his own random assumptions about him.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re:

Post by Hermit » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:02 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:23 am
Solar panels are draining the sun.
:lol:

What else could that poster-child of right wing intellectualism possibly mean?
Or is he just trolling?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:46 am

Tero wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:23 am
Trump has gone back on Pocahontas attack. He has some claim, to call her DNA lacking in proof. No Cherokee gave DNA to the databank. A curious situation:
Suppose a baby got dumped on the steps of a hospital next to a Cherokee reservation, that baby could not be tested for DNA to decide if it should be placed with a native or white family? But just testing it for DNA would immediately make it not Cherokee?

According to tribal chiefs, yes. They only go by genealogy and family history.
That's only part of the issue.

First, the DNA test was portrayed on CNN and the rest of the obsequious Democrat media as "strong evidence" of native American ancestry. It wasn't. The reality was that it possibly showed (not for sure - just "may") show one ancestor between 6 and 10 generations ago. And, it's just as likely to be 10 as 9, 8, 7, or 6. The reality was that it showed her to have about same likelihood of native american DNA as the average white American. And, to get that result, they used DNA from Columbia and Peru.
Fr
Second, her claims were not that she had a drop of native American blood of some kind from the early 19th to the early 18th centuries - maybe - among her claims were that her own parents had to elope because her mom was so Cherokee and Delaware that the racist grandparents would have none of the mixed marriage. And, among her claims was that she was a "person of color" and she listed herself in cookbooks and university materials as variously native American, Cherokee, and a "person of color."

I'm proud of my heritage, as well. I might be related to Louis IVX or some other Frenchman. And you probably are, too. But most of us don't claim to be French even though we may contain trace DNA segments indicating that we are.
Genetic Ancestry Tests Are a Bit Like Horoscopes

Consumer tests usually examine the Y chromosome (if the person is male), mitochondrial DNA, and a select number of "single nucleotide polymorphisms," which can be thought of as unique mutations scattered around the genome. In this case, the test examined nearly 765,000 data points from Sen. Warren's genome.

But these tests have limitations. For instance, the U.S. National Library of Medicine writes that "ethnicity estimates may not be consistent from one provider to another." That's why, as Science News says, DNA tests are just a starting point for genealogy. To really find out who your ancestors were, you must examine "marriage certificates, military rolls, census records, immigration documents, old photographs and other records."

Anything less than that, and -- as Ross Pomeroy at RealClearScience wrote -- you're basically just reading a horoscope.
https://www.acsh.org/news/2018/10/15/el ... hing-13512
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar