"The butt of global jokes": who might this be? (Talk Trump)

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: "The butt of global jokes": who might this be? (Talk Trump)

Post by JimC » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:05 am

"Make America Polluted Again"
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:43 am

It is polluted already in more ways than just environment.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:21 pm

Trump does it again. Is he really president? I mean a POTUS does not speak this way. It is so childish.

Trump dismissed a US military hero's service and everyone made the same point
Donald Trump disparaged a former Navy SEAL Bill McRaven and misspelled the name of Democrat congressman Adam Schiff following criticisms by both men of the US president.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Joe wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:18 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:30 pm
Animavore wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:36 pm
Looks like a Trump-appointed judge ordered Acosta get his privileges.
temporarily, pending hearing the case on the merits.

Acosta's conduct would not be tolerated by any other President, and if it was a Fox reporter doing that shit to Obama, the Democrat media would have lined up right behind Obama. Fox News, in this case, joined CNN et al, because they are smart enough to know that the next President may be Democrat and eventually will be Democrat, and they now have a precedent that says they can fuck with the Democrat President.

Acosta may have one that little battle. But he can't ultimately win this. Wait...
How soon the partisans forget events that don't fit their blinkered view of the world.
White House Targeted Fox News

The Obama administration made a deliberate effort to exclude Fox News from a press pool during the height of its war with the network, newly released documents show.

At the time, in the fall of 2009, the administration dismissed the matter as simply a mistake. “There was no plot to exclude Fox News, and they had the same interview that their competitors did. Much ado about absolutely nothing,” the Treasury Department said in a statement. But internal e-mails obtained by the watchdog group Judicial Watch show that the attempted exclusion from an interview with federal pay czar Ken Feinberg was part of a deliberate strategy. The attempt failed when the other networks refused to go along unless Fox was included.
So much for "the Democrat media would have lined up right behind Obama." :coffee:
That was Obama excluding an entire network, not just one reporter. In this instance CNN's other reporters were still allowed in and called upon. And it was not for bad behavior - it was for critical or non-favorable points of view published in articles. Not for sayin

You didn't see news reporting on CNN and MSNBC about this kind of thing under Obama: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/emails ... ite-denial

Also, note in this instance, Acosta wasn't having his hard pass revoked because of being critical of Trump. It was his behavior there - interrupting, arguing back and forth, extending his questions beyond 1-2 and into the 3-5 range regularly, and not listening when told his turn is over. I guarantee you that if someone treated Obama like that, there would not be a peep about the behavior being improper. What I'm saying is not "blinkered" -- what I'm saying is that Acosta's behavior was, in fact, improper and warranted the treatment he got, and would have warranted the same treatment by Obama if such disrespect were shown to him - only, at that time, there wouldn't really be an argument in favor of the person exhibiting such behavior.

The plot to exclude Fox News that you cited was not a reporter being a dick, interrupting, refusing to sit down, arguing with the President during question and answer sessions with the press. The one you cited was to exclude them merely because of their subsequent reporting.

I really don't see why you have add bullshit like "you're blinkered..." and all that. I'm not blinkered. I have a point of view. You disagree with it. Fine. If you want get into namecalling matches, that would be another way to go.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:24 pm

reporter being a dick
The President was being a dick. He holds a press conference and then instead of saying that he won't answer a question, he started being a dick and a whole shitstorm broke out. He is a dick. In CA he was a dick, asking Californias to rake leaves. This wa because HE is not going to spend money on California OR Puerto Rico. Punishing them.

He has NEVER behaved like a president so far. Always just a photo op.
trump dumb republicans.jpg
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:50 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:28 pm
Joe wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:18 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:30 pm
Animavore wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:36 pm
Looks like a Trump-appointed judge ordered Acosta get his privileges.
temporarily, pending hearing the case on the merits.

Acosta's conduct would not be tolerated by any other President, and if it was a Fox reporter doing that shit to Obama, the Democrat media would have lined up right behind Obama. Fox News, in this case, joined CNN et al, because they are smart enough to know that the next President may be Democrat and eventually will be Democrat, and they now have a precedent that says they can fuck with the Democrat President.

Acosta may have one that little battle. But he can't ultimately win this. Wait...
How soon the partisans forget events that don't fit their blinkered view of the world.
White House Targeted Fox News

The Obama administration made a deliberate effort to exclude Fox News from a press pool during the height of its war with the network, newly released documents show.

At the time, in the fall of 2009, the administration dismissed the matter as simply a mistake. “There was no plot to exclude Fox News, and they had the same interview that their competitors did. Much ado about absolutely nothing,” the Treasury Department said in a statement. But internal e-mails obtained by the watchdog group Judicial Watch show that the attempted exclusion from an interview with federal pay czar Ken Feinberg was part of a deliberate strategy. The attempt failed when the other networks refused to go along unless Fox was included.
So much for "the Democrat media would have lined up right behind Obama." :coffee:
That was Obama excluding an entire network, not just one reporter. In this instance CNN's other reporters were still allowed in and called upon. And it was not for bad behavior - it was for critical or non-favorable points of view published in articles. Not for sayin

You didn't see news reporting on CNN and MSNBC about this kind of thing under Obama: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/emails ... ite-denial

Also, note in this instance, Acosta wasn't having his hard pass revoked because of being critical of Trump. It was his behavior there - interrupting, arguing back and forth, extending his questions beyond 1-2 and into the 3-5 range regularly, and not listening when told his turn is over. I guarantee you that if someone treated Obama like that, there would not be a peep about the behavior being improper. What I'm saying is not "blinkered" -- what I'm saying is that Acosta's behavior was, in fact, improper and warranted the treatment he got, and would have warranted the same treatment by Obama if such disrespect were shown to him - only, at that time, there wouldn't really be an argument in favor of the person exhibiting such behavior.

The plot to exclude Fox News that you cited was not a reporter being a dick, interrupting, refusing to sit down, arguing with the President during question and answer sessions with the press. The one you cited was to exclude them merely because of their subsequent reporting.

I really don't see why you have add bullshit like "you're blinkered..." and all that. I'm not blinkered. I have a point of view. You disagree with it. Fine. If you want get into namecalling matches, that would be another way to go.
You offer a difference without a distinction, and make Hermit's point in the process.
Hermit wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:10 am
Once again Coito Two lets his ideology trump facts, but never fear; instead of acknowledging that he was plain wrong, he'll weasel out of doing so. I anticipate something along the lines of "That was then. This is now.".
Besides, you always tone police when I show you to be wrong. Complain all you like, but your response aptly displays how blinkered by partisan concerns your point of view is. Like a broken record, you go back to your trite, superficial litany of "their guy's bad and he deserved it," and "if it was our guy, nobody'd make a peep."

Unlike you, the media sees both incidents in a larger context you seem to have missed.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:55 pm

Tero wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:24 pm
reporter being a dick
The President was being a dick. He holds a press conference and then instead of saying that he won't answer a question, he started being a dick and a whole shitstorm broke out. He is a dick. In CA he was a dick, asking Californias to rake leaves. This wa because HE is not going to spend money on California OR Puerto Rico. Punishing them.

He has NEVER behaved like a president so far. Always just a photo op.
Fake meme is faked. Dead giveaway is the word "were". Trump would have used the grammatically incorrect "was".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:48 am

Too many words.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:51 am

Email problems

Ivanka Trump used personal email for government business – report
White House adviser sent hundreds of emails last year, many in violation of federal records rules, the Washington Post reported
JAIL HER!

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:55 am

Midterms over time to bring the troops home for Thanksgiving and xmas.

Trump ready to begin drawdown of troops at US-Mexico border
Critics say troops’ deployment was nothing more than a political stunt
Military official says end date is 15 December
Yep another waste of taxpayers money.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:48 am

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:54 am

Of course we should have captured Osama Bin Laden long before we did. I pointed him out in my book just BEFORE the attack on the World Trade Center. President Clinton famously missed his shot. We paid Pakistan Billions of Dollars & they never told us he was living there. Fools!..
What are the chances Trump is being kept out of the loop? Is that amazing or what?

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:19 pm

LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!

Ivanka Trump 'was the worst offender in the White House': Ivanka reportedly discussed government affairs using her personal email address
White House senior adviser Ivanka Trump reportedly sent numerous emails related to internal government affairs using her personal email address.

The first daughter is believed to have discussed government policy in her emails, and sent her work schedule and travel information to herself and personal assistants.

Ivanka, who took on her unpaid White House role in March 2017, "sometimes used her personal account, almost always for logistics and scheduling concerning her family," according to a statement from a spokesman for Abbe Lowell, Ivanka Trump's attorney.

The spokesman claimed that none of Ivanka's emails contained classified information, adding that although she received an official email account, she did not recieve "the same guidance" other government employees received after assuming a government role.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:26 pm

Trump begrudgingly approves aid, while arm chair firefighting with a rake
The White House announced that Trump had approved a declaration of a major disaster for Butte County, devastated by the Camp Fire, and for Ventura and Los Angeles counties. The declaration makes fire victims eligible for grants for home repairs and temporary housing, and for low-cost loans to pay for property losses that insurance doesn’t cover. It also clears the way for state and local governments to get federal emergency assistance.

The federal government owns 57 percent of forestland in California, while the state and local agencies own just 3 percent. Experts also pointed out that forest management is just one of many factors that can play a role in disastrous wildfires.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/california- ... 385296.php

State is doing its job.
Fuel Reduction: Through prescribed burning and
other fuel reduction methods, the risk of wildfire
can be diminished. Prescribed burns remove the
thick underbrush in wildland areas in a controlled
manner rather than through destruction from a wildfire. Fuel reduction not only
improves the growing conditions of native plant and wildlife species but, a treated
site can act as a fire break, stopping a wildfire in its tracks, or providing firefighters
with safe areas to make a stand against a fire. Specialized CAL FIRE personnel coordinate
with landowners to determine sites and create plans for prescribed burns.
CAL FIRE works with other cooperators, such as air quality and wildlife agencies,
to ensure burning is done with minimal impact on air quality or biological diversity.
State Forests: CAL FIRE operates eight Demonstration State Forests totaling 71,000 acres. The forests represent the most common
forest types in the state. Annually, the State Forests grow approximately 68 million board feet while the timber harvest level
from these forests averages about half of the growth. With this conservative approach, habitat for fish and wildlife is improved
and the number of trees and inventory on the forests continues to increase while still providing enough timber to build over
3,000 single family homes.
https://calfire.ca.gov/communications/d ... erview.pdf

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:58 pm

Chimpanzees overthrow, kill and then eat their tyrannical leader
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/scie ... oJYDfoxuhs

Lessons to be learnt here.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.