"The butt of global jokes": who might this be? (Talk Trump)

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: "The butt of global jokes": who might this be? (Talk Trump)

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:56 am

--don't care, not Trump's problem, not the next president's problem.

When I look into this stuff it's just never about the President. For example, manufacturing, that surprisingly has been increasing for a while now. Apparently, it doesn't necessarily translate into more or better jobs. But we've gotten better at it and have seen increases. You noted one reason why it'll start slowing down --decreased auto sales.

But who cares --in this thread anyway-- Trump didn't start it or stop it did he? :dunno:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:03 am

Imagine how bad it would be under Hillary, though?!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:18 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:56 am

When I look into this stuff it's just never about the President. For example, manufacturing, that surprisingly has been increasing for a while now. Apparently, it doesn't necessarily translate into more or better jobs. But we've gotten better at it and have seen increases. You noted one reason why it'll start slowing down --decreased auto sales.

But who cares --in this thread anyway-- Trump didn't start it or stop it did he? :dunno:
The tax cut is on the Republicans in Congress, but a Demoncrat president could have vetoed it. Fortunately for the Kochs and Waltons, your kids and grandkids will end up paying for that one.

Trump definitely owns his stupid trade war, along with whatever the long term effects will be which, if history is a guide, won't be good. It appears to be already doing harm to industry and agriculture.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:27 am

Tax cuts are fine. It's the desire to cut spending on safety nets that's the scam. Why not cut a bit from the defense budget first? How about any money going to the biggest polluters? Why are they always going after social security? Also, we've ignored the debt this long...just whose children is it going to hurt?

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:38 am

Sure, tax cuts are fine if you offset the loss of revenue somewhere else. But you can't just cut them and then do nothing. The trouble with this stupid game that Republicans play is that they know the Democrats will have to govern like adults and raise taxes when they get in, which of course will piss off enough numbskulls to put the Republicans back in. If the Democrats didn't exist, Republican tax policy would not be sustainable.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:17 am

The Dems will always correct things after the repugs have made a killing. What happens if the Dems never get into power? Have the repugs ever thought about that scenario? With all the voter corruption it could happen.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:47 am

Machinery working for Trump 2020 and some names who gave money
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Tr ... 0#Finances

each threat to Trump leads to massive donations. He has 2-3 times what Obama had at this point for re-election
The subject line for each email: "Sabotage." In the first email, sent May 16, the campaign warns, "There are people within our own unelected bureaucracy that want to sabotage President Trump and our entire America First movement,"
According to a Wednesday statement from Donald J. Trump for President, the "combined total for May 17 for the campaign and its joint fundraising committee with the Republican National Committee exceeded $314,000, a new campaign record since Election Day, coming almost exclusively from small contributions." The cash influx is in part a response to a series of fundraising emails the joint fundraising committee has sent out, trying to turn the latest developments in the Trump-Russia saga into a chance to rally its base—and pad its campaign bank account.
https://www.newsweek.com/russia-trump-f ... 020-611741
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

He will need it to pay the Russians.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:55 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:56 am

When I look into this stuff it's just never about the President. For example, manufacturing, that surprisingly has been increasing for a while now.
Has it? Funny... in 2016, Obama said it wasn't increasing, it was decreasing, and there just wasn't going to be a way to bring them back. What did Trump have? A magic wand? That's what he asked. If it's been "increasing for a while now" then why wouldn't he have said "manufacturing has been increasing for a while, so Trump is just planning to take credit for increasing manufacturing that is happening now?" Same with GDP. Trump said 4% GDP, and the Democrats and their mouthpieces in the media said no way in hell was that possible.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:05 pm

Yes, we manufacture a shit-ton of stuff. I think we are second in the world behind China. But like I said it doesn't mean more or better jobs. We are just better at making stuff.

Trump's just the President.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:11 pm

Well, it takes the President to toss out 12 regulations for every new one created. It took Trump to get the tax cut done. It took Trump to get the Mexico deal done. The list goes on and on. Image
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:12 pm

Also, it was decreasing from 2012 to 2016. But I guess Obama was just playing politics. :dunno: Because it doesn't look drastic and it's just moving along about like it has been since forever (with a few big drops here and there) on the whole moving up. Now it's about where it was in 2012 ie a shit-ton + 1 of manufacturing.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:15 pm

Uh 42, you might want to check out manufacturing gains during Obama's administration. I won't give Obama credit, but if you're arguing to give Trump credit... :whistle:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:16 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Also, it was decreasing from 2012 to 2016. But I guess Obama was just playing politics. :dunno: Because it doesn't look drastic and it's just moving along about like it has been since forever (with a few big drops here and there) on the whole moving up. Now it's about where it was in 2012 ie a shit-ton + 1 of manufacturing.
How could it have been good politics to say "manufacturing is going away and there is nothing you, me or anyone else can do about it" - which is what he was essentially saying?

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:17 pm

Weren't you promising more manufacturing jobs at the time?