Should Communism Be Declared A Criminal Ideology?

DRSB

Re: Should Communism Be Declared A Criminal Ideology?

Post by DRSB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:49 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:12 am
DRSB wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:37 pm
I have lived under the system. Gotta say that food shortage was not known outside the USSR, never experienced it in Bulgaria. Bananas and oranges were expensive winter treats but otherwise cannot recall wanting for anything essential.
Yep. The same story I have heard from many from ex-communist countries. I got an orange once a year in the toe of my xmas stocking. We did not have a car until 1966 which was a gift from a family member.
We had one holiday in ten years. My Moldavian friends are lyrical about their problem free childhood. All the camps they went to and it never costing anything. Of course there were problems but those were endured by everyone.
My youth was full of problems. I have suffered enormous traumas thanks to them.

All Rum does is quote chapter and verse from western propaganda. We were never been told about excesses of western governments. How many people in Central and Southern America were bumped off or even in the USA itself by secret forces never mind the regular army. Nothing is mentioned of extreme poverty that occurred in many countries in the west. I remember the slums of Edinburgh and there were plenty. Now those people are dumped in Corporation estates on the edge of the city well away from the tourists.
Holidays every year, 20 days for close to no cost but mostly to the same place: to some kind of state company or guild holiday home, also school camps. But still, the Black Sea and the mountains and the mineral resorts were there, there were and are camping sites, people still go to the same lovely places. Bulgaria was the holiday country per se of the whole Eastern Block with the most southern sea (compared to the Baltic one which is cold), also Balkan exotic and Orthodoxy. The East Germans liked to travel, no access to Greece and Cyprus but bitte schön, Bulgaria is just as good, get on the Trabi and go!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:50 pm

I met East Germans in Bohemia in Czechoslovakia as it then was (1984). Those Trabi's were everywhere. They said Bohemia was a legal holiday destination. We tried to get a hotel room but were unable. A young Czech behind the bar explained why: the local law stated that 1% of the rooms should be available for visitors that were not trade union members. We never found one with more than 99 rooms. We had a great time. We just drove there in our Rumanian made Citroen. No visa's just passports and plenty of Deutchmarks. It was a real experience and I am glad to have had it Went back to Prague two years ago. I preferred the Prague of then. A least could cross the Charles bridge in peace.

Now:

"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:59 pm

I went to Czechoslovakia in 1988 for about 3 weeks, first in the High Tatras, then Prague, than back home stopping on the way in Brno and Bratislava, it was lovely. Afterwards I went to Prague again in 1993 and 1994 for a 1 month Czech language course at Karl's university. It was different but lovely always, Prague is in a league of its own.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:16 pm

DRSB wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:59 pm
I went to Czechoslovakia in 1988 for about 3 weeks, first in the High Tatras, then Prague, than back home stopping on the way in Brno and Bratislava, it was lovely. Afterwards I went to Prague again in 1993 and 1994 for a 1 month Czech language course at Karl's university. It was different but lovely always, Prague is in a league of its own.
The old City of Bratislava is lovely, the new city across the river is an abomination.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:42 pm

DRSB wrote:
You was still in the good times. Two years ago it was terrible. Too many tourists as with many cities these days.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:50 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't enjoy that crowd. It looks like Disney World to me.

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:29 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:42 pm
DRSB wrote:
You was still in the good times. Two years ago it was terrible. Too many tourists as with many cities these days.
Oh, between 2006 and 2014 I went regularly on business trips there, I know the city very well. But then, I am almost an insider, being fluent in Czech, I went to the theatre, to the cinema, have my favourite places, seen the city changing, still love it!

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:34 pm

One hell of a language. It was nice to see Prague again but it was more laid back the first time. Plenty of students spoke good English then. We came across a student pub. Beer was so cheap we could easily buy beer for everyone.
In a wine bar in a garrison town in Bohemia I had one of my best nights ever. Was it wild! Amazing.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:54 pm

Bulgaria’s experience of communism seems to have been relatively painless. I spent an interesting spell yesterday reading up it’s 20th C history and about the transition from a agrarian to technological society (I didn’t know it was coined the ‘silicon valley’ of the eastern bloc). The takeover of the communist party only resulted in one formal execution and productivity was high. The population seems to have done ok under the dictatorship of...er..itself..and Moscow of course. Plus it is a lovely part of the world.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:56 pm

A pal is from Bulgaria, and disagrees with you. He doesn't think it 'lovely', I mean.

Fair enough though. I thought Guelph was a shithole, going from memory. When I visited again as an adult, it was lovely.

I do wish I could visit though. Not because of his mushroom-picking stories, but the postcards! Holy crap it looks pretty.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:22 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:56 pm
A pal is from Bulgaria, and disagrees with you. He doesn't think it 'lovely', I mean.

Fair enough though. I thought Guelph was a shithole, going from memory. When I visited again as an adult, it was lovely.

I do wish I could visit though. Not because of his mushroom-picking stories, but the postcards! Holy crap it looks pretty.
Your pal probably thinks this is not lovely and I agree, the amount of construction the Black Sea coast is seeing after the loveliest bits fell into the wrong hands.
Black sea.jpg
Bulgaria also never had Soviet troops positioned on its territory even though it was considered the closest ally. Russians joke to this day that it was not really abroad.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:27 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:34 pm
One hell of a language. It was nice to see Prague again but it was more laid back the first time. Plenty of students spoke good English then. We came across a student pub. Beer was so cheap we could easily buy beer for everyone.
In a wine bar in a garrison town in Bohemia I had one of my best nights ever. Was it wild! Amazing.
Scot Dutchy didn't hate something! :{D

I went to Prague at Christmas. Not that many people around. It was nice. It was about 4C. A veritable heatwave!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:14 pm

Lenin turning in his grave performance.

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:28 am

Sweet Lenin!