On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Meanwhile, in Florida...

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:34 am

Hermit wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:28 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:13 am
It's impossible to separate fact from fiction when it comes to Florida.. :biggrin:
That's why noting sources comes in handy. :biggrin:
:biggrin:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:48 am

Florida, the if it isn't true it should be state. Flesh eating bath salt zombies, genital torching ravers - six and two threes.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:09 am

the problem with Fla is that the Onion is often less interesting than the truth...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:30 am

I agree with that. The Onion is not even satire.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

laklak

Post by laklak » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:03 pm

Today's Vibrio is posthumously awarded to an unnamed gentleman from the Orlando area, who jumped into a retention pond while fleeing police and drowned. One wonders why someone would jump into a pond if they couldn't swim. There is no information on whether or not he had already reproduced, so we cannot also award a Darwin.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/02/ma ... e-say.html

laklak

Post by laklak » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:02 pm

Thrift Store in Sarasota receives a donation of 4.6 pounds of marijuana. That's how we roll here on the Suncoast, nothing is too good for our less fortunate brothers and sisters (and uncertains).

https://6abc.com/society/florida-thrift ... a/4125367/

Actually thrift stores here are fucking great, because of all the rich people. I've gotten some great deals. Bought an original set of 60s Pyrex bakeware in perfect condition for 8 bucks, and a near new double sided stainless fridge/freezer for $100. You can find Armani and Calvin Klein suits for $25.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:55 pm

Fuck me! It's rare to get a good deal here. I wish I'd known you live in Sarasota, I was there not that long ago.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:48 pm

Lak, in Oz there was a rather weird writer, Robert G. Barrett (now deceased) who wrote a series of funny and very non-PC books about a Sydney nightclub bouncer, petty criminal and all round nice guy called Les Norton. In one of his books (And de Fun Don't Done), Les goes on a trip to Florida, staying with someone in Sarasota. Mayhem ensues...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

laklak

Post by laklak » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:53 pm

Well shit if you get back down thisaways we'll sink a few. We can Skype rEv and verbally abuse him.

laklak

Post by laklak » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:51 pm

Our Vibrio today goes to Kaitlyn Wolf, of Leesburg. Ms. Wolf's 3 year old son said a "bad word", so she gave him a "swirly". To give someone a swirly you hold them upside down and put their head in the toilet. Then you repeatedly flush the toilet. Ms. Wolf sent the video to a friend "for a laugh". She contends her son enjoyed his swirly and asked for more. Ms. Wolf claims the child isn't crying hysterically in the video, he's laughing. Leesburg police and DCS are investigating.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/05/vi ... ation.html

The video in the article is worth a squiz, she's such a Florida babe, a real keeper.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Giving toddlers swirlies is wrong?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:59 pm

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

laklak

Post by laklak » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:14 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:52 pm
Giving toddlers swirlies is wrong?
Who knew? The world's gone mad, I tell you, when you can't even swirly your own kid.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:43 pm

I love that she says the video was taken out of context. As if there's a proper context for waterboarding your toddler.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:57 pm

Well, let's not exaggerate. It's not "waterboarding." It's just dunking the top of the head in, but it's gross. I saw it done to people in college.