Disaster: Alex Jones InfoWars banned!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Disaster: Alex Jones InfoWars banned!

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Gormless champions of liberty. :D
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:19 pm

I used to have some gorm, but I can't find the damn stuff. Maybe behind the couch...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:11 am

Śiva wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:16 pm
You're a paranoid whackjob Galaxian,
QFT.

:hehe:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:37 am

Thin ice bro. Thin ice. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:48 am

I didn't say it. Nothing to do with me.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:58 am

Śiva wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:16 pm
Galaxian wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:45 am
So, you're right. I do not seek to persuade people anymore. Don't give a rat's arse whether they accept my PoV or not. That's why I speak my mind, without fear or favor. That's why I didn't give a damn that RatSkep expelled me... Don't miss them one bit. All the forums are regulated anyway, kept under surveillance, and have operatives & loyal useful idiots in them to plant disinformation.

And yes, proving that no one will be converted by ANY amount of factual information, is now the point of it :coffee:
You're a paranoid whackjob Galaxian, but if you'd like to actually promulgate your twisted ideas you may find it helpful to be a little more genial/cordial with your interlocutors.
Hi Siva. Do you bother reading posts before you reply to them? (Please keep it hush-hush, but Galaxian is NOT interested in promulgating these "paranoid whackjob... twisted" ideas...

Here's a pertinent analysis that explains why people kept quiet about the atomic bomb development in the 1940's (Manhattan Project). And why they still shut up & don't spill the beans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl5NW9KcMt0
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:10 pm

Very interesting Galaxian, it seems to be a bit short on actual evidence though.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:54 pm

Evidence isn’t really important to conspiracy nuts is it? You start from the assumption that there *is* a conspiracy and then any vaguely related coincidence, or even counter evidence becomes the self fulfilling evidence you need to prove your nut job theory. The more one denies the existence of such conspiracies the more your everyday conspiracy nut job thinks this just adds to their case.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:46 pm

The distinguishing thing about the paranoid style is not that its exponents see conspiracies or plots here and there in history, but that they regard a "vast" or "gigantic" conspiracy as the motive force in historical events. History is a conspiracy. set in motion by demonic forces of almost transcendental power, and what is felt to be needed to defeat it is not the usual methods of political give­-and-take, but an all-out crusade.

The paranoid spokesman sees the fare of this conspiracy in apocalyptic terms--he traffics in the birth and death of whole worlds, whole political orders. whole systems of human values. He is always manning the barricades of civilisation. He constantly lives at a turning point: it is now or never in organising resistance to conspiracy. Time is forever just running out. Like religious mil­lenarians, he expresses the anxiety of those who are living through the last days and he is sometimes disposed to set a date for the apocalypse.

-- Richard Hofstadter, The Paranoid Style in American Politics, Harvard University Press, 1951
-- https://blog.lix.cc/wp-content/uploads/ ... litics.pdf

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:00 pm

Describes our Glaxo to a T...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Galaxian

Post by Galaxian » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:31 am

Śiva wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:10 pm
Very interesting Galaxian, it seems to be a bit short on actual evidence though.
As the saying goes; "If you want something done well, do it yourself!". Well, here's your chance. Search for evidence yourself. But don't take too long. Three-quarters of the links I had saved are already expunged. If you don't want to, what would I care? Might be better that way... You'll be unconscious when the cull comes. Won't feel a thing :smoke:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:46 pm
The distinguishing thing about the paranoid [rational, conscious] style is not that its exponents see conspiracies or plots here and there in history, but that they regard a "vast" or "gigantic" conspiracy as the motive force in historical events. History is a conspiracy. set in motion by demonic forces of almost transcendental power, and what is felt to be needed to defeat it is not the usual methods of political give­-and-take, but an all-out crusade.
The paranoid spokesman sees the fare of this conspiracy in apocalyptic terms--he traffics in the birth and death of whole worlds, whole political orders. whole systems of human values. He is always manning the barricades of civilisation. He constantly lives at a turning point: it is now or never in organising resistance to conspiracy. Time is forever just running out. Like religious mil­lenarians, he expresses the anxiety of those who are living through the last days and he is sometimes disposed to set a date for the apocalypse.
-- Richard Hofstadter, The Paranoid Style in American Politics, Harvard University Press, 1951
-- https://blog.lix.cc/wp-content/uploads/ ... litics.pdf
Hmm, yes...Richard Hofstadter. Bigots & prostitutes come in all shapes & sizes. Please tell me that you haven't been taken in by this shallow thinking charlatan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Hofstadter
I've corrected the first paragraph of your quote. The second one is not at all true or relevant, so all of it has been struck out. Was the guy snorting crack when he wrote that gibberish? :prof:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:01 am

Says the guy who talks to aliens..

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:19 pm

Galaxian wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:31 am
If you don't want to, what would I care? Might be better that way... You'll be unconscious when the cull comes. Won't feel a thing :smoke:
Tell me about this "cull."

Galaxian

Post by Galaxian » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:46 pm

It's strange how so many members here and on other such forums can't break out of their shackles of linear & conventional thinking. Trapped within their cognitive dissonance. Ignoring one of the greatest scientific concepts ever formulated: Natural Selection.

Do you really think that the world is only what you, yourself, can reach out & touch? Do you expect that Natural Selection is limited to the organisms that you see? That there are no other dimensions, no other beings on other worlds or dimensions that it works on?

It's more comfortable that way, isn't it? The lower the organism, the more immediate is its concerns, both spatially & temporally. The higher the organism the wider its perspectives, interests & understanding, both spatially & temporally. Here's the Club of Rome interpretation in Limits to Growth:
https://collections.dartmouth.edu/conte ... 19_f01.jpg
The appreciation of this fact depends on nature, nurture, and experience. That is, most find it impossible to rise above their limitations, a tiny few can break out through that ceiling.

Bertrand Russell put it like this in his book "Power". He said that the vast majority of humanity are followers. A fraction are leaders. And he then discusses those groups. But he pauses, to put in a small paragraph: That there is a third minuscule number of beings who he won't discuss because there's so few of them: They are those who neither want to follow, nor to lead... they are free of these limitations, and soar in a universe the others are oblivious of. And because they're thus deprived, they assume that the very few in that rarefied cognitive condition must be mad...

You decide for yourselves where you fit in on the above scatter diagram, & in Russell's description... :levi:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:12 pm

:funny: