Disaster: Alex Jones InfoWars banned!

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Re: Disaster: Alex Jones InfoWars banned!

Post by NineBerry » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:30 am

THEY say that? I wouldn't trust anything THEY say!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:52 am

Galaxian wrote::shock: :shock:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:31 pm
Galaxian wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:45 am
Surprised that no one has picked up on this worst thing to happen to USA this year, even this decade: Alex Jones/InfoWars/PrisonPlanet has been banned from virtually all popular platforms.
I think you need to reign in the hyperbole a bit there mate. It makes you come across as a bit, you know, unbalanced in your outlook.
When the United States engages in book burning, as it is doing more & more, then I consider that to be the worst thing that has happened.
Which is exactly why I suggested you need to reign in the hyperbole.
The evidence is staring you in the face, but you dare not see it. Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHx59GcKkaM
:shock:

Within a day of posting the above critical, analytical video, it is banned. You find that somewhat boring? :bored:
Jones isn't noted for his dispassionate rationality but for channelling anger, vitriol, insecurity, and hatred, for whipping up his audience into an emotional froth and then selling them stuff.
Keep on dreaming. You'll wake up with a start, when a bucket of cold water is thrown on you (or maybe not).
But you're not alone. 90%+ of the human population is in your camp; vacuous, disinterested, naive, gullible...
As they say: "You can lead a sheeple to knowledge, but you can't make it think!" :flog:
You keep saying stuff like this, but it's basically a plea to take you on faith. Haven't you realised that you can't hassle people into believing by belittlement and disapproval - other than the weak minded and/or intellectually insecure? But perhaps setting yourself up to fail at convincing people, at converting the masses, is kind of the point of it?

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:45 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:52 am
Galaxian wrote::shock: :shock:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:31 pm
Galaxian wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:45 am
Surprised that no one has picked up on this worst thing to happen to USA this year, even this decade: Alex Jones/InfoWars/PrisonPlanet has been banned from virtually all popular platforms.
I think you need to reign in the hyperbole a bit there mate. It makes you come across as a bit, you know, unbalanced in your outlook.
When the United States engages in book burning, as it is doing more & more, then I consider that to be the worst thing that has happened.
Which is exactly why I suggested you need to reign in the hyperbole.
The evidence is staring you in the face, but you dare not see it. Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHx59GcKkaM
:shock:

Within a day of posting the above critical, analytical video, it is banned. You find that somewhat boring? :bored:
Jones isn't noted for his dispassionate rationality but for channelling anger, vitriol, insecurity, and hatred, for whipping up his audience into an emotional froth and the selling them stuff.
Keep on dreaming. You'll wake up with a start, when a bucket of cold water is thrown on you (or maybe not).
But you're not alone. 90%+ of the human population is in your camp; vacuous, disinterested, naive, gullible...
As they say: "You can lead a sheeple to knowledge, but you can't make it think!" :flog:
You keep saying stuff like this, but it's basically a plea to take you on faith. Haven't you realised that you can't hassle people into believing by belittlement and disapproval - other than the weak minded and/or intellectually insecure? But perhaps setting yourself up to fail at convincing people, at converting the masses, is kind of the point of it?
Thank you Brian for a well considered & compassionate reply.
Indeed, I have been trying for so long, and so hard, to try to convince people in moderate and measured tones that it became abundantly clear that it is an impossible task.

Cognitive dissonance and, frankly, an IQ somewhat below room temperature, have made it a task fit for a dung beetle rolling shit uphill... And I don't relish being a dung beetle.

Then, several years ago, towards the beginning of the Richard Dawkins Forum, I realized that there is no intellectual sanctuary anywhere on this planet. Not in religion, not at university, not at 'rational atheist' forums, not even at Mensa. And I've been along all those paths, at reasonably high levels, initially with gusto, then eventually, as the reality set in, gradually pulling away.

So, you're right. I do not seek to persuade people anymore. Don't give a rat's arse whether they accept my PoV or not. That's why I speak my mind, without fear or favor. That's why I didn't give a damn that RatSkep expelled me... Don't miss them one bit. All the forums are regulated anyway, kept under surveillance, and have operatives & loyal useful idiots in them to plant disinformation.

And yes, proving that no one will be converted by ANY amount of factual information, is now the point of it :coffee:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:14 am

You need help.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Oh, it gets worse. :hehe:

'InfoWars Moves To Ban Alex Jones'
Saying that it was a long-overdue step given the radio show host’s history of offensive and dangerous rhetoric, InfoWars reportedly moved Thursday to ban right wing provocateur Alex Jones from its platform. “Mr. Jones has repeatedly violated our policies against hate speech and misinformation, and so we have had no choice but to terminate our relationship with him,” read a statement from InfoWars editor Paul Joseph Watson, citing a litany of abuses committed by the radio host and conspiracy theorist, including harassment of minorities, trans individuals, and the parents of the Sandy Hook victims. “Of course, InfoWars remains committed to free speech, but that does not include repeatedly spreading vicious lies about private individuals. It would be unacceptable, and frankly cowardly, for us to hide behind the First Amendment as this man continues doing real harm. That is why, from today forward, all four of Mr. Jones’s shows will be deleted, and every mention of him will be completely scrubbed from the site.” Watson added that their platform would continue to publish the high-quality reporting on globalism, creeping Sharia, and Deep State false-flag operations that their users had come to expect.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:03 pm

It's sort of like being drummed out of the Gestapo for being too brutal.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:01 pm

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:29 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Saying that it was a long-overdue step given the radio show host’s history of offensive and dangerous rhetoric, InfoWars reportedly moved Thursday to ban right wing provocateur Alex Jones from its platform. “Mr. Jones has repeatedly violated our policies against hate speech and misinformation, and so we have had no choice but to terminate our relationship with him,” read a statement from InfoWars editor Paul Joseph Watson, citing a litany of abuses committed by the radio host and conspiracy theorist, including harassment of minorities, trans individuals, and the parents of the Sandy Hook victims. “Of course, InfoWars remains committed to free speech, but that does not include repeatedly spreading vicious lies about private individuals. It would be unacceptable, and frankly cowardly, for us to hide behind the First Amendment as this man continues doing real harm. That is why, from today forward, all four of Mr. Jones’s shows will be deleted, and every mention of him will be completely scrubbed from the site.” Watson added that their platform would continue to publish the high-quality reporting on globalism, creeping Sharia, and Deep State false-flag operations that their users had come to expect.
:mrgreen:

If only the Onion were not fake news! :sigh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Galaxian

Post by Galaxian » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:07 am

Hermit wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:29 pm
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:54 pm
:mrgreen:
If only the Onion were not fake news! :sigh:
Thank you for pointing that out :mrgreen: Luckily, the site that was banned (my previous posts) has a mirror copy here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fASR0XduNHY

Watch this & pass it on :this: before it is also banned, down the memory hole. We are witnessing an accelerating deletion of anything that contradicts official narratives. InfoWars is just one of many... :coffee:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:36 am

Jones is as mad as a shithouse rat. Not surprised you support such a person.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Galaxian

Post by Galaxian » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:31 am

On every forum there are those who can only grunt, snort, and squawk. We all know who they are. They think their short gormless quips are so profound that they demolish any and every argument that they can't understand and can never hope to understand.

Moving on; here's a good video. The grunters are exempt from watching them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKNWXF3OH14
:tea:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:39 am

There's no argument from you to demolish, therefore there is no need for profundity. You peddle insane stories about aliens and other nonsense. Stuff like that doesn't need anything other than short quips. You can't seriously believe you hold any intellectual weight while peddling infantile stories like that. Surely? :?
Last edited by pErvinalia on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:40 am

The banks shut down Infowars? Who knew?

This grunter controlled his vomit reflex and watched this nonsense.

The thing of it is, is that there is often a seed of truth in these things. The banks do have too much power. Corporations have too much power. To leap from there to there being a plan - that google is part of it and the 'elite' have planned it all is when you do a disservice to real and rigorous political debate about such issues.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:16 pm

Galaxian wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:45 am
So, you're right. I do not seek to persuade people anymore. Don't give a rat's arse whether they accept my PoV or not. That's why I speak my mind, without fear or favor. That's why I didn't give a damn that RatSkep expelled me... Don't miss them one bit. All the forums are regulated anyway, kept under surveillance, and have operatives & loyal useful idiots in them to plant disinformation.

And yes, proving that no one will be converted by ANY amount of factual information, is now the point of it :coffee:
You're a paranoid whackjob Galaxian, but if you'd like to actually promulgate your twisted ideas you may find it helpful to be a little more genial/cordial with your interlocutors.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:13 pm

Śiva wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:16 pm
Galaxian wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:45 am

You're a paranoid whackjob Galaxian, but if you'd like to actually promulgate your twisted ideas you may find it helpful to be a little more genial/cordial with your interlocutors.
We are one of the very few forums that do not ban him on reflex. I'm not sure whether that makes us champions of liberty, or simply gormless... :dunno:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!