Qanon

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Qanon

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:55 pm

Where did you get the quote from and are the MSM saying Q is a child?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:01 pm

"all of US intelligence" :hehe:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:04 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:01 pm
"all of US intelligence" :hehe:
A fairly modest amount, then... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:08 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-25/ ... s/13184202
The QAnon conspiracy movement predicted that right now, Donald Trump would still be president of the United States but instead, supporters were left disappointed yet again.

Many adherents to the QAnon conspiracy theory believed right up until the moment Joe Biden was inaugurated that Mr Trump was about to enact martial law and arrest Mr Biden, said researcher of extremism and longtime observer of QAnon, Travis View.

"They also thought that he might get sent to Guantanamo Bay or possibly even be executed, along with many other Democrats, for their supposed crimes.

"This was part of the fantasy, certainly."

These false beliefs were widespread among the mob that attacked the US Capitol on January 6.

But those shocking events and the inauguration of President Biden have not had the impact one might think.

"That did cause a minority of QAnon followers to simply walk away or drop off and realise they'd been duped," said Mr View.

"The majority, however, even if they initially expressed shock, they still continue to double down."

A common way followers of QAnon cope with failed prophecies has been to continually move the goalposts. In the latest attempt at this, several prominent QAnon conspiracy theorists have claimed Mr Trump will be inaugurated on March 4.
The behaviour of QAnon followers who have stuck with the movement is actually quite similar to the behaviour that has been observed among followers of cults, he said.

"What these QAnon followers get out of the community isn't necessarily the predictions.

"They enjoy, basically, being part of the group, feeling like they have esoteric knowledge, feeling like they are part of a revolutionary movement; that they're helping to usher in a golden age and they're helping to do away with evil."

"Studies show that when people are highly committed to this kind of belief system, they can continue to move the goalposts indefinitely."

Mr View said that while some supporters may drift away from the movement, he feared that those who remain could become even more extreme in their views.

"If someone has sort of invested years of their life for QAnon, if someone has made personal sacrifices, such as separating themselves from their friends or their family, it would be very difficult to imagine what, if anything, would allow a QAnon believer to give all that up.

"Giving up QAnon at that point would have to make that person confront the fact that all of that sacrifice was for nothing."

His fear is that followers could become prime targets for recruitment for more organised extremist groups like Neo-Nazis.
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:18 pm

Oh look - they called him 'Mr. Trump' instead of 'President'.

How brave. How courageous. How unbiased and journalistic!
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:58 pm

It's a standard way of referring to former presidents. I'll chalk this one up in the 'ignorance' column.
With less than two weeks until Election Day, Mr. Obama delivered a sweeping condemnation of Trump while urging voters not to sit out the November 3 election.

[source]
Meanwhile, back to the topic:

'Why QAnon Has Attracted So Many White Evangelicals'
One week after his first drop, Q was already quoting scripture. “The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing,” Q posted on the imageboard site 4chan. The line was from Psalm 23, possibly the most well-known of the 150 psalms, and a beacon of hope for Christians going through challenging times. Is it any wonder that the fringe conspiracy theory QAnon has attracted true believers in every sense of the word?

QAnon revolves around the baseless belief that former President Donald Trump is fighting a secret war against a global cabal of Democratic elites who are Satan-worshipping, cannibalistic pedophiles. Much of the lore comes from online posts, called “drops,” written by an anonymous person known as “Q” who claims to have insider knowledge. As the QAnon movement has become more culturally significant — QAnon believers were among those who took part in the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol building — surveys have attempted to identify just how many Americans believe in this conspiracy. While that picture is still murky, it’s become increasingly apparent that this movement has attracted a significant number of white evangelical Christians, which could have implications for the movement’s future. Evangelicals, after all, played an important role in shoring up the Tea Party’s growth and influence.

While we’re still learning about the demographics of QAnon believers, surveys that look at evangelicals’ other beliefs can help explain why they may be susceptible to falling down this particular rabbit hole. A majority of evangelical Christians identify as Republicans — 56 percent according to the Pew Research Center’s 2014 U.S. Religious Landscape Study — and they are more likely than Democrats and the general public to express belief in QAnon. In a Morning Consult survey from late January, 24 percent of Republicans said the QAnon conspiracy was at least “somewhat accurate,” compared with 19 percent of Democrats. Republican belief in the conspiracy dropped noticeably after the attack on the Capitol, as a series of surveys months before, immediately after, and several weeks after the attack showed, but Republicans remained more likely to support the belief than the general public (18 percent).

Evangelicals are also significantly less trustful of news media, meaning journalists’ fact-checking and debunking of QAnon is less likely to be convincing.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:12 pm

Geez, you are brave, too.

Well, or chrome.

But ABSOLUTELY NOT netscape.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:15 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:12 pm
Geez, you are brave, too.

Well, or chrome.

But ABSOLUTELY NOT netscape.
:smoke:
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:30 pm

:bong:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:32 pm

I still haven't been wrong about anything I thought of Qanon, except (maybe) the Trump white house inner circle connection.

It's still funny to watch how slippery it is for any media to talk about though.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:57 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:32 pm
I still haven't been wrong about anything...
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:08 pm

JimC wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:57 pm
Cunt wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:32 pm
I still haven't been wrong about anything...
I'll admit to sloppy doobie-rolling, but I haven't said anything wrong about q, or you could quote it.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:04 am

I haven't said anything wrong about the fairies at the bottom of the garden, either...
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:58 am

I don't 'believe in' q any more than you believe in those fairies, JimC.

Did you think otherwise?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:48 am

Bullshit. You've repeatedly speculated on who Q might be. You want to believe. You want your ridiculous conspiracy theories validated. In meme form, preferably.

Fuck, don't you get embarrassed adding zero knowledge to any discussion on the forum? Why are you even here?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.