Surprise Eviction For Assange

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Surprise Eviction For Assange

Post by cronus » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:05 am

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... 86f48da0fb

Shipped straight to the US as a peace offering and show trial to take the heat of Trump? Worst case scenario comes true. Electrical chair? :tdown: :tea:
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: Surprise Eviction For Assange

Post by laklak » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:55 pm

If it's a Federal beef it would be lethal injection. I think they should put them through a wood chipper in the public square, as an object lesson to other miscreants.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:32 pm

Transparency and exposure of government malfeasance are noble causes. Helping Vlady Poots install Trump to the White House is unforgivable. Wood chipper sounds good to me.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:12 pm

Trump will surely protect him. He owes him a lot.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:33 pm

He'll put on a wig and walk right out. After all those years, those Brit cops guarding are surely getting sloppy.

Maybe assange has a get out of jail free card? He'd be dumb not to keep a few secrets close to himself.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:34 pm

Frump will do no such thing, he has no sense of gratitude to lower placed people... and he's at the top, always.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:50 pm

If Assange had any cards left to play he wouldn't have been hiding in the Ecuadorian embassy for 6 years.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:41 am

Activist publishes 11,000 Wikileaks Twitter direct messages

An activist has published 11,000 direct messages on Twitter between the Wikileaks account and a group of its supporters.

The direct messages were published by Emma Best on her own website. Her Twitter account states that she is a journalist on the East Coast. Best has been critical of Wikileaks and has advocated for government transparency.
Some of the direct messages were previously published, but this is the first time all of the direct messages have been posted.

The messages show that Wikileaks wanted the GOP to defeat Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential elections.

"We believe it would be much better for the GOP to win," the Wikileaks account states to a supporter named "Emmy B" in one of the messages from 2015.

Another Twitter message from the Wikileaks account describes Clinton as a "bright, well-connected, sadistic sociopath."

Wikileaks had been accused of bias against Democrats during the election because of its release of hacked documents from the Democratic National Committee.

Critics believe that the documents released by the group were consistently helpful to the then-GOP nominee's campaign.

Best said in an exchange with the website Motorboard that she released the messages because she wanted to show how Wikileaks was working with other online entities to shape public discussions.

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/39 ... t-messages

Activist Publishes 11,000 Private DMs Between Wikileaks and Its Supporters

Emma Best, a freedom of information activist, has published a large cache of Twitter direct messages between Wikileaks and some of its most fervent supporters, including ones showing antisemitic sentiment from Wikileaks.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/arti ... ssages-dms
https://emma.best/2018/07/29/11000-mess ... -released/
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:47 am

Tyrannical wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:33 pm
He'll put on a wig and walk right out. After all those years, those Brit cops guarding are surely getting sloppy.

Maybe assange has a get out of jail free card? He'd be dumb not to keep a few secrets close to himself.
Why they didn't give him a lift out of the embassy building in the boot of a diplomatic registered vehicle is beyond me.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:57 am

Interesting to see that the UK said it wouldn't honour any diplomatic immunity for him (if he was to step outside of the embassy; on the way to Ecuador, say). I wonder whether they had any legal grounding for stating that.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:00 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:57 am
Interesting to see that the UK said it wouldn't honour any diplomatic immunity for him (if he was to step outside of the embassy; on the way to Ecuador, say). I wonder whether they had any legal grounding for stating that.
My guess is that personnel needs to be accredited by both sides as diplomats before being granted diplomatic immunity.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:11 am

An interesting thread hitting the high points of Wikileaks' bald-faced lies during the 2016 US election:

Click on image to open thread.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:49 am

Hermit wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:00 am
pErvinalia wrote:
My guess is that personnel needs to be accredited by both sides as diplomats before being granted diplomatic immunity.
Yeah, good point.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:05 am

Unlikely though, or states could not pass off so many spies as "diplomatic personnel"
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:35 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Ecuador cannot unilaterally declare that Assange is a diplomat and get him recognized as such in the UK or any other country--they can and did request that he be granted diplomatic status. There is no international law requiring a state to accede to such requests, and the UK's refusal of the request was legal. See 'Assange is Not a Diplomat'. The author of the piece is a barrister and former UK diplomat.

When a country sends somebody as part of their ambassadorial team who is actually a spy, they provide a good cover story and plausible basis for their entry as a diplomat. There's no way that Ecuador could have done that for Assange. It was blatantly obvious that they were trying to find a way to get him out of their embassy 'safely,' that is, without having to face whatever legal consequences might await him outside their protection.