Trump supporters; how far?

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: Trump supporters; how far?

Post by Svartalf » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:57 pm

well, 42 to begin with, I think. and maybe Tyrannical, though I believe he supports only trumpist policies that agree with him...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:23 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:57 pm
well, 42 to begin with, I think. and maybe Tyrannical, though I believe he supports only trumpist policies that agree with him...
A few other Trump supporters who are members here have not posted for a while. Seth is too busy now, writing for the Daily Caller and the Colorado Gazette. Dodo's liver might have packed up. Some bloke who bragged about his degree from a diploma mill used to drop in occasionally and a few others I only vaguely recall.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:26 am

There are Trump supporters everywhere.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:15 pm

I was in the "OK let's try to tolerate the idiot for 4 years" camp, but I grossly underestimated just how much damage one idiot in the office of POTUS can do. The world has become surreal.

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 pm

The power of the office has increased greatly since WWII, and while the exigencies of the nuclear age may have justified some of it, far too much has been delegated to, or taken by, the President over the years. Now that we have Trump in office, he's doing a lot more damage as a result.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:36 pm

Śiva wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:15 pm
I was in the "OK let's try to tolerate the idiot for 4 years" camp, but I grossly underestimated just how much damage one idiot in the office of POTUS can do. The world has become surreal.
Oh it has not and you're just being silly. Huuuuge amount of smoke, tiny little fire. The only 'damage' he's done is to other politician's ego.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:40 pm

Tyrannical wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:36 pm
Śiva wrote:
Oh it has not and you're just being silly. Huuuuge amount of smoke, tiny little fire. The only 'damage' he's done is to other politician's ego.
Oh look a troll/racist is supporting Trump, denying reality, and promulgating a false alternative. :read:

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:54 pm

Śiva wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:40 pm
Tyrannical wrote:
Śiva wrote:
Oh look a troll/racist is supporting Trump, denying reality, and promulgating a false alternative. :read:
I'm not a troll, believer in evolution yes. But what reality and false alternative am I really promulgating? What has Trump really done that doesn't involve 'hurt feelings'?
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:02 pm

Tyrannical wrote:
Śiva wrote:
Surely you jest, you understand that he's doing colossal damage to the US' political credit... nobody can trust the country to keep to treaties or other transnational agreements after he's been there, and that credit he's squandered took decades to build and will take more decades to rebuild... unless the US decide to rule the world at missile point, which is about the only way they are going to be taken seriously, because nobody wants a nuke exchange, but it feels like some countries might get closer to Putin's Russia as a result.e

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:04 pm

Not to mention that all the work that needs to be done re-establishing all the trade relations he's so busy smashing up globally. Not to mention the fact that he also has our military alliances in his sights.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:07 pm

well, expect the taxes to rise as Europe rebuilds its militaries to compensate the lack of NATO forces, it's sad, but with an expansionist Russia at our gates, I fear it's necessary. I always believed that a country with only a single aircraft carrier ship was a tad ludicrous.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:56 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:07 pm
well, expect the taxes to rise as Europe rebuilds its militaries to compensate the lack of NATO forces, it's sad, but with an expansionist Russia at our gates, I fear it's necessary. I always believed that a country with only a single aircraft carrier ship was a tad ludicrous.
So now you are starting to get it, though you don't have to like it. Because of Trump you will buy more US military hardware and LNG.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:58 pm

well, we may have to do things we dojn't like, but we'll most likely also do stuff the US won't like, like rebuilding our militaries on strictly home resources rather than buying supplies abroad.

except the electronics that will go on being East Asian because we have to rely on Chinese rare earths.
Last edited by Svartalf on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Where is the expansion of Russia? Dont listen to American propaganda. Trump wants to destroy the EU. We are economically too big for America. It cant kick us around. This carry on about paying for NATO is another way of attacking the EU. We should just pull out.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Tyrannical wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:56 pm
Svartalf wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:07 pm
So now you are starting to get it, though you don't have to like it. Because of Trump you will buy more US military hardware and LNG.
France has the capacity to manufacture her own military hardware. So does Germany. Why would anyone buy US?