Everything you didn't want to know about Trump and were not afraid to ask

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Everything you didn't want to know about Trump and were not afraid to ask

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:33 am

Hermit wrote:...

Nobody who walks past someone wearing a Costa Rican flag and simply says "G'day" or just smiles fleetingly, then walks on, will be filmed, and it is pretty certain that if he/she did get filmed, it will not go viral because that simply is not newsworthy, makes for clickbait, ad sales and ultimately profit...
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:30 am

You came here because you were afraid for your life and fleeing violent gangs? Tough shit--go back the way you came.

'Trump Administration Gives Order to Reject Domestic Violence Asylum Seekers'
The Trump administration on Wednesday issued new guidelines to immigration authorities in charge of asylum applications urging them to immediately reject applicants who cite fears of gang violence or domestic abuse, CNN reports. “Claims based on... the members’ vulnerability to harm of domestic violence or gang violence committed by non-government actors will not establish the basis for asylum, refugee status, or a credible or reasonable fear of persecution,” the guidance from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services states. The directive reportedly fulfills suggestions made by Attorney General Jeff Sessions last month to turn down asylum-seekers citing such fears before they are even allowed to see a judge to prove they have “credible fear” of violence at home. The document also reportedly gives immigration officers the go-ahead to reject asylum-seekers who illegally crossed the border, a move that goes directly against international law.

[Story at CNN]

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:35 pm

Fuck this country, and fuck Trump shitheads. Seriously. It felt like we'd turned a corner when we put a black dude in the Oval. Clearly, I was mistaken.
Woman arrested in immigration raid, makes bond, less than 24 hours later ICE arrests her again
https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/loc ... -her-again

SANDUSKY, Ohio - When Anita Marin was one of over 100 people arrested by ICE during an immigration raid at Corso’s in Sandusky in June, her family was stunned.

"How they going to take her if she already has like a process for immigration?" asked Marin's daughter Ana Cortez.

And after a month of saving money for her release from the Geauga County Jail, on Tuesday at 6 p.m. she was finally free and all smiles. She went back to her Lorain County home and cooked dinner for her family, but her freedom was short lived.

"I told my mom, I don’t feel good today and she said, she said everything is going to be ok," said Cortez while holding back tears.

But that was far from the truth, by 9 a.m. Wednesday ICE was back at her door.

"They start saying where is Anita? Anita, where is Anita? Screaming and we told him she’s in her room and they told me, we want her and I came and I said why you want her? And they gave me that paper," she recalled.

The paper Marin's daughter is referencing is her arrest warrant, this time for federal charges. News 5 couldn’t verify what’s she’s being held for because her case is sealed online.

Cortez is furious because the warrant was issued on July 9, a day before she was released from jail.

"That warrant was on July 9—today is July 11 why did they make us pay that money if they are going to take her again?" asked Cortez.

That’s $3,500 bucks down the drain, and her mom is still behind bars.

"I just want this to end, I just want my mom back," she said.

According to Cortez, Marin came to this country in 2001, she applied for permanent residency through her sister who is a U.S. citizen. They gave her a 10 to 20-year window for her paperwork to go through, this is year 19 of Marin's wait.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:00 am

Trump's just keeping his election promises of zero tolerance for criminal aliens and moving them out from day one...

... well better late than never, some might say.

I wonder how many white Europeans in the same boat as Ms Marin have been targeted by ICE?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:30 am

That's like the situation in Australia. The vast number of illegal immigrants are UKians. But it's the persecuted brown people taking our jobs and our unemployment benefits, at the same time no less!, that we need to be concerned about.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:44 pm

The moron's memory span has again let him down:

Trump: I didn't criticise Theresa May to The Sun
US President Donald Trump insisted he did not criticise Theresa May in the interview that dominated the build-up to the two leaders' press conference.
What does it matter what he says.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:33 pm

Some predict or hope that Trump will be the final Caesar America ever has, yet the history of Rome is twelve former world emperors, each as bad or worse than the previous, until the Empire finally croaked. So I'm not convinced America will see this matter ended. It's deluded Marvelesque modernist or post-modernist thinking these days suggests we are in for a few decades of surreal crisis each blending into the previous before the new dark ages closes the showdown for good/or bad.
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:24 pm

I'm not sure the history of Rome is a good predictor for what to expect in the next year and a half, much less for simulating use cases far away, distant on the lone and level sands of time. Trump can erect his monument and dictate its inscription; he's an anomaly - a freak. An outlier that came about at the fortunate time before we understood how modern computing can influence our societies in politics and much else besides.

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:29 pm

Śiva wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:24 pm
I'm not sure the history of Rome is a good predictor for what to expect in the next year and a half, much less for simulating use cases far away, distant on the lone and level sands of time. Trump can erect his monument and dictate it's inscription, be he's an anomaly. A freak. An outlier that came about at the fortunate time before we understood how modern computing can influence our societies in politics and much else besides.
Easy to assume, or be hopeful, he's a outlier rather than a predictor of a new 'un-predictive' condition in US politics. We'll see. I've my doubts that business will ever return to the conditions of 'the great moderation' for a variety of historic and realistic reasons. Not least the easy cheap oil running out...on which aviation depends mostly. Agro-fuel-crops and driving millions of their land? Gonna fly or crash against the coming communications revolution...when the internet goes really global?

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:59 pm

Hope is good, it's a powerful energy to put to use in the campaign headquarters local to every community around America. Just as Obama has been trying to get started.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:13 pm

Trump and his party are already dead in the US, but we don't vote. Americans are fucking crazy. The numbers are not there for Trump and his kind and they haven't been for many years now. But we don't fucking vote.

Oh, all the old white people vote, that's for sure.

Just look at Texas. The median age is under 35. Combined minorities make up nearly 60% of the population. Almost 20% of them were not born in the US, and almost 40% speak a language other than English at home. Yet Texas is run by and for old white Christian social conservatives, and it is known elsewhere as a backward hick state hellbent on keeping the place for whites!

--that's fucking crazy man-- They already lost the place...

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:13 pm
Trump and his party are already dead in the US, but we don't vote. Americans are fucking crazy. The numbers are not there for Trump and his kind and they haven't been for many years now. But we don't fucking vote.

Oh, all the old white people vote, that's for sure.

Just look at Texas. The median age is under 35. Combined minorities make up nearly 60% of the population. Almost 20% of them were not born in the US, and almost 40% speak a language other than English at home. Yet Texas is run by and for old white Christian social conservatives, and it is known elsewhere as a backward hick state hellbent on keeping the place for whites!

--that's fucking crazy man-- They already lost the place...
Lost to a fairer hand not ever historically carrying a whip though? :dance:

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:04 am

Drugs? Guns? It’s all good capitalism! Just a few tweets to the sheep!
https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy ... rug-prices
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:06 am

'Hard decisions' is one way of putting it.

'HHS Plans to Delete 20 Years of Critical Medical Guidelines Next Week'
The Trump Administration is planning to eliminate a vast trove of medical guidelines that for nearly 20 years has been a critical resource for doctors, researchers and others in the medical community.

Maintained by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality [AHRQ], part of the Department of Health and Human Services, the database is known as the National Guideline Clearinghouse [NGC], and it’s scheduled to “go dark,” in the words of an official there, on July 16.

Medical guidelines like those compiled by AHRQ aren’t something laypeople spend much time thinking about, but experts like Valerie King, a professor in the Department of Family Medicine and Director of Research at the Center for Evidence-based Policy at Oregon Health & Science University, said the NGC is perhaps the most important repository of evidence-based research available.

“Guideline.gov was our go-to source, and there is nothing else like it in the world,” King said, referring to the URL at which the database is hosted, which the agency says receives about 200,000 visitors per month. “It is a singular resource,” King added.

Medical guidelines are best thought of as cheatsheets for the medical field, compiling the latest research in an easy-to use format. When doctors want to know when they should start insulin treatments, or how best to manage an HIV patient in unstable housing — even something as mundane as when to start an older patient on a vitamin D supplement — they look for the relevant guidelines. The documents are published by a myriad of professional and other organizations, and NGC has long been considered among the most comprehensive and reliable repositories in the world.

AHRQ said it’s looking for a partner that can carry on the work of NGC, but that effort hasn’t panned out yet.

“AHRQ agrees that guidelines play an important role in clinical decision making, but hard decisions had to be made about how to use the resources at our disposal,” said AHRQ spokesperson Alison Hunt in an email. The operating budget for the NGC last year was $1.2 million, Hunt said, and reductions in funding forced the agency’s hand.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:21 am

I guess the question for the AHRQ is how many people are working on it and what are they paying them, but maintaining a definitive, independent, and open source of info like this seems to me to be exactly the kind of work the government should be involved in. What's the alternative, asking Drs or institutions to subscribe to any number of private, closed sources of.... Oh, hang on.

Frank Zappa