Everything you didn't want to know about Trump and were not afraid to ask

Joe

Re: Everything you didn't want to know about Trump and were not afraid to ask

Post by Joe » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:17 am

I've never heard any. you?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:29 am

Nope. Harris trying to weasel out of suggesting we nuke Muslims is the closest to a joke on the subject I can think of off the top of my head.

Anyway, I wouldn't feel right making one given it was my country that dropped the bomb twice. Just like I don't feel comfortable carrying on about the national security threat posed by other nations, when if past behavior is an indicator of future actions the US poses the greatest threat to the most people.

What will Democrats do to make sure Koreans aren't hurt by the US?

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:51 am

I get where you're coming from.

We are the greatest threat and have been for quite some time, but that doesn't change the math with North Korea for our national security people. They are professionally paranoid, and sadly history gives them some justification. North Korea has every reason to be paranoid about us as well.

As for the Democrats, I don't see them doing anything different with North Korea than the Republicans.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:54 am

The US should just bomb everyone (other than the UK and Australia) and get it out of the way.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:00 am

I'd rather we didn't bomb anybody, and especially not Canada.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:57 am

That Justin Trudeau is a nasty nasty man, though.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:56 am

Perhaps, but he's Prince Charming in comparison to our realtor in chief.

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:32 am

Tero wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:27 pm
Does Mochael Moore really believe this or is he trying to plug his movie and get Democrats motivated to vote this year?
(CNN) Michael Moore believes President Donald Trump is an "evil genius" who will be re-elected.

The documentary filmmaker spoke to CNN while promoting his upcoming film about the impact of Trump's 2016 victory, "Fahrenheit 11/9."

"Too many people in the summer of 2016 were so sure Hillary [Clinton] was going to win, saying no one is going to vote for this idiot," Moore said. "He could win again. I operate as if he is a two-term Trump. I have to. If you think any other way you are guaranteeing that whoever is going to run against him will lose."

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/09/16/ente ... index.html
I too am positive he will be re-elected, at least as the current state of affairs goes. But you never know when Russia will drop him. Russia is not the most loyal ally.

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:39 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:16 pm
DRSB wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:16 pm
Sean Hayden wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:03 pm
It's not okay to "screw up" like this. Something is wrong when we can keep having these "screw ups".

We are far too dangerous to be allowed to continue on like this.
I absolutely concur.
The number of his supporters does not seem to diminish though and he will run for re-election.
But even if Trump is voted out we still have the same problems don't we? What can we do to ensure that we stop having these "screw ups"? I'm afraid the President doesn't matter. Whoever is in office we will eventually be forced into yet another "screw up". It's our mentality. We have been lead into these things one after the other for decades now by the military industrial complex. We've accepted it as normal. Our intentions are good. We just haven't got it right yet. These are necessary evils. The world is a dangerous place. Democracy is fragile. Bad guys really do intend to destroy it. If we don't defend her, who will, who can?
There are counter-examples: Obama. With the limited power he had in congress, he steered a democratic course.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:06 am

No wonder he went bankrupt so often

Trump imposes $200bn of new import tariffs on China as trade war escalates
President criticises ‘unfair policies and practices’ as he announces new round of tariffs that will directly hit US consumers
The American consumer pays again.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Fitting with topic title: mushroom penis.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:18 pm

As for the Trump reelection likelihood, I'll have to go with "now way in hell he gets reelected." Too many people - to much of the establishment - wants him out, and he has caused too many of those folks too much grief. Look at Bill Kristol, creating an army of establishment Republicans to help oust Trump in 2020. I mean, if anyone thought the "never Trump" crowd was gone - think again. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/14/bill-kr ... trump.html

The Democrats are against him - and look at the chicanery and underhanded crap they've done against him. I don't blame them for that - the GOP - and Trump - are not beyond chicanery and underhanded stuff to win. But, with the GOP folks like Bill Kristol and his war machine against him too, it's going to be an all out assault on Trump.

Combine that with the fact that the natural life cycle of economic expansion has to end soon. As soon as the economy takes a dip or a downturn, the media is going to be on Trump like a swarm of killer bees. Unless he can manage two more years of consistent growth like we have now, he's going to get fucking hammered in 2020.

Look at the shit the Democrats are pulling with Kavanaugh. Feinstein holds back on known "allegations" by this Ford lady (Democrat activist) who says that she recovered memories in 2012 of a 17 year old Kavanaugh trying to jump her at a party (don't know exactly when, don't know where, don't who who else was there, have no corroboration) 36 years ago - and now, of course, #MeToo requires these inherently unverifiable allegations to be "fully vetted" and "taken seriously" by the Senate which magically delays the vote on Kavanaugh probably until well after the November mid-terms. Whatever one's political position, that stinks to high heaven, right?

That kind of crap, times 1000, is coming Trump's way for 2020. If 2016 was a hard fought, 2020 is going to be no holds barred. The Democrats and the never Trump republicans will be really set back hard if he wins again in 2020. They need to get him out in 2020, and reverse the work that he's done. So, this is a do or die election in 2020.

Oh, and if the Democrats take the House this year, there will most likely be an impeachment. If they take the Senate, he's fucked. No chance in hell of him getting anything through Congress, and he turns lame duck.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:22 pm

I don't think he can be reelected either. But I didn't think he could be elected, so what's my opinion worth on the subject? :hehe:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:33 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:22 pm
I don't think he can be reelected either. But I didn't think he could be elected, so what's my opinion worth on the subject?
:hehe:
Same. 2016 taught me to never underestimate the stupidity of the American people. :doh:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:39 pm

You was surprised then?
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".