Everything you didn't want to know about Trump and were not afraid to ask

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Everything you didn't want to know about Trump and were not afraid to ask

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:26 pm

"The US Department of Justice has announced that the second member of Congress to endorse Donald Trump, Duncan Hunter, has been indicted on charges of using campaign funds for personal ends."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/21/politics ... index.html
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:16 pm
Cohen has admitted Trump directed him to make payments that violated campaign finance laws.
The report I read indicated that he didn't name Trump directly, but referred to him as the candidate...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:27 am

It's probably crooked Hillary.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:59 am

Seabass wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:27 am
It's probably crooked Hillary.
:lol: :tup:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:25 am

I'm looking ahead here. Let's say that the Mueller team gets Cohen to name Trump as the guy who directed him to pay off the women, and that criminal charges were brought against Trump, what happens next?
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:33 am

JimC wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:25 am
I'm looking ahead here. Let's say that the Mueller team gets Cohen to name Trump as the guy who directed him to pay off the women, and that criminal charges were brought against Trump, what happens next?
Faulty Too will immediately explain how any such report is Fake News. It'll take him 5000 words, three mentions of Hillary Clinton, one of Obama and two quotes sourced from The Daily Caller, but he'll do it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:41 am

Only one mention of Obama? I doubt it.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:54 am

Hermit wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:33 am
JimC wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:25 am
Faulty Too will immediately explain how any such report is Fake News. It'll take him 5000 words, three mentions of Hillary Clinton, one of Obama and two quotes sourced from The Daily Caller, but he'll do it.
I've always heard a President must be impeached and removed from office before they can be indicted for any crimes. However our Congress has a sufficient number of GOP uber-partisans, faulty tools of the Republic if you will, that I've been seeing legal scholars saying that if Congress won't act, there is nothing in our Constitution or legal precedents that forbid indicting a sitting President.

It seems to be uncharted waters.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:06 am

Maybe we'll find out.
Michael Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump

(CNN)-Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's former personal attorney, pleaded guilty in Manhattan federal court Tuesday to eight criminal counts, admitting that "in coordination and at the direction of a candidate for federal office" he acted to keep information that would have been harmful to the candidate and the campaign from becoming public during the 2016 election cycle.

The charges against Cohen, an attorney for Trump until earlier this year and a member of his inner circle throughout his presidential campaign, bring an end to a months-long investigation by the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York. And they expose, through the criminal information filed against Cohen in court, that he acted with Trump and his allies, including David Pecker, the CEO of the National Enquirer's publisher, American Media Inc., to suppress potentially damaging claims against the now-President.
Though Trump himself isn't named, the court filing refers to an Individual-1, who by January 2017 had become president of the United States.
What a circus!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:14 am

So Trump violated campaign finance laws. So what? Who doesn't violate campaign finance laws? Funny how no one cared when Obama did it. And besides, Hillary's emails sold uranium to Thanos in a pizza joint in Benghazi. That is the real scandal that everyone should be focused on. :prof:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:58 am

The sad thing is that him banging Stormy apparently isn't something that is harmful to his standing. Perhaps that can be the defense's line.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:03 am

So basically a heap of people associated with Trump are dodgy as fuck, but Coity Two would have us believe this is all a political witch hunt. It couldn't possibly be because Trump is dodgy himself..

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:38 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:58 am
The sad thing is that him banging Stormy apparently isn't something that is harmful to his standing. Perhaps that can be the defense's line.
It's not so much banging Stormy, but lying about it and using funds earmarked for the campaign to buy her off...
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:15 am

So Manafort convicted and Cohen pleaded guilty. Meanwhile, back in Trump world:

'Crowd chants "lock her up" at Trump rally in West Virginia'
The crowd at President Trump’s West Virginia rally broke into chants of “lock her up” on Tuesday night.

The chants were in response to GOP Senate candidate Patrick Morrissey’s comments on former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, but came just hours after two of Trump’s former allies were found guilty and pleaded guilty to crimes, respectively.

Morrissey criticized Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) for his praise of Clinton, saying that he called her “warm, compassionate, engaging.”

“Can you actually believe that?” Morrissey said, at which point the crowd began the chant.

The crowd also chanted “drain the swamp.”
Trump supporters will not be distracted by petty things like reality.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:24 am

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.