Australian News (non Trump, for a change)

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Australian News (non Trump, for a change)

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:22 pm

I'm not enabling anything. I'm just pointing out how retarded your argument is.

Edit: :funny:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:13 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:22 pm
I'm not enabling anything. I'm just pointing out how retarded your argument is.

Edit: :funny:
Yeh right. You obviously miss the good old days, with people setting out in clapped out overcrowded boats financed by gangsters to take a chance on reaching Oz alive, so that they could work for years to pay off the mobs.

Nothing retarded about that argument. Nothing at all. You've obviously thought very deeply about this. :funny:
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:17 am

:funny:

edit: :funny:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:21 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:17 am

:whisper: Wait for him to point out next how we'd all be speaking Japanesish now if Engerland had not beaten the Hun and the Nip.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:56 am

Hermit wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:21 am
pErvinalia wrote:

:whisper: Wait for him to point out next how we'd all be speaking Japanesish now if Engerland had not beaten the Hun and the Nip.
Do you honestly think they would have allowed people like you to breed ????

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:58 am

He's German. :hehe:

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:21 am

mistermack wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:56 am
Hermit wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:21 am
pErvinalia wrote:

Do you honestly think they would have allowed people like you to breed ????

Honestly? The nips would have loved my pedigree. They would have provided as many concubines for the propagation of my genes as I might have asked for. My father and my father's father in 1944:

My mother's father was a colonel and commander of the grenadier-regiment 538 of the 385th infantry division. He was awarded the Iron Cross second class, the Iron Cross first class and on the 15th of March 1943 he was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:28 am

They look gay.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:53 am

Takes one to know one. :{D

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:48 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:53 am
Takes one to know one. :{D
Well, I have no idea then. :dono:

I'll have to ask my boyfriend. :hugs:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:03 pm

Stop mucking about you guys - this is serious. Brown people might be getting something for nothing.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:09 am

And besides, it was the Yanks who won WWII. Without us you'd all be speaking English.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:21 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:02 am
The tu quoque reference is in relation to me accusing him of always trying to reduce his (or Trump's, or his country's) responsibility for dumb/inhuman/evil shit because person-A/Hillary/Obama/UK/Australia/etc does something similar. You can see it in his main response to the locking kids up in cages thing. His main retort has been Australia/UK/Obama does the same thing. It's basically his favourite debating tactic.
The point is that on a thread about Australian news, posting that the US/Trump does something would, under your theory, not be relevant to the discussion - it would be tu quoque. The discussion should be about the Australian policy and practices only - don't retort by suggesting that something the US does is worse or the same.

Let's hear your critique of the Ozzie policies.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:22 pm

Joe wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:00 am
Yeah, I searched the thread and found it. I thought Forty Two was referring to the fallacy, but figured I'd ask. Thanks! :tiphat:
I was referring to pErvin's regular misuse of the term.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:26 am

So Anthony Albanese, leader of the so-called left wing of the Labor Party and one of the two major threats to Bill "what's his name" Shorten's role as leader of the loyal opposition, reiterates that Labor's policy regarding asylum seekers attempting to enter Australia by boat is essentially identical to that of the conservative coalition government. Those asylum seekers have the choice to rot in offshore concentration camps or return to wherever it is they came from. The only difference is that they can rot more humanely if they decide not to fuck off.

Since the coalition government and Labor between them occupy 145 out of 150 seats in the lower house and 56 out of 76 in the upper, there is next to zero percent chance of any meaningful change in that policy. So why the near-total parliamentary consensus? Well, it reflects the will of the electorate. Apparently, our pollies are convinced that closing our offshore concentration camps and assimilating their inmates into our society is electoral suicide.

Most Australians will deny they are racist, but I am at a loss as to why nobody but the Greens (they have one seat in the lower house and nine in the upper) dares oppose our current policy on asylum seekers, except for the dreadful fact that most of us are racists. Democracy can be a bitch.