Texas School Shooting: 10 dead

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Texas School Shooting: 10 dead

Post by Rum » Fri May 18, 2018 4:45 pm

Ten more kids dead because you are too stupid to do anything about your guns you fucking idiots.

As of 17th May that is 100 mass shootings in Amerifuckingca.

A while to go before you catch up with 2017 when you had 346.
Last edited by Brian Peacock on Fri May 18, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed topic title upon request

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Another ten dead..

Post by Animavore » Fri May 18, 2018 4:48 pm

And nothing will be done as long as the party of the NRA are in charge.

The country needs to flip blue in November and stay that way for progress.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri May 18, 2018 4:52 pm

--merge with the only in America thread?

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri May 18, 2018 5:14 pm

Congrats to Coito-42 and Tyrannical on another mass-shooting. :td:

This is what you vote for when you vote Republican.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Texas School Shooting: 10 dead

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri May 18, 2018 5:42 pm

The orange baboon uttered something.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri May 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Very quietly he said..it was almost a whisper 'been going on too long'.. then 'Hi'..wtf?

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri May 18, 2018 6:51 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri May 18, 2018 8:09 pm

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri May 18, 2018 8:37 pm

To be fair no party of either colour has made anything remotely like progress with this issue. The fact that their Constitution does not seem able to update itself in the light of history, technological development, not to mention mores and values does not bode well for its future.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri May 18, 2018 8:42 pm

Rum wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:37 pm
To be fair no party of either colour has made anything remotely like progress with this issue. The fact that their Constitution does not seem able to update itself in the light of history, technological development, not to mention mores and values does not bode well for its future.
The Democrats, for the most part, would like to pass several gun control measures. They can't get anything past the Republicans.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri May 18, 2018 8:48 pm

Seabass wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:42 pm
Rum wrote:
The Democrats, for the most part, would like to pass several gun control measures. They can't get anything past the Republicans.
The Republicans do however have their interpretation of the Constitution on their side - it is their reference point at any rate, however bogus.

Which brings us back to the inertia and drag of a Constitution written 200 years ago which is no longer fit in some respects for purpose. And that isn't going to change in a hurry. The issue is down a rabbit hole and it isn't going to find a way out any time soon.

I would offer the suggestion that your rabid anti-Republican attitude - as expressed here anyway - is part of the problem, not the solution. The system is at fault - you need a meta solution.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri May 18, 2018 9:17 pm

Rum wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:48 pm
Seabass wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:42 pm
Rum wrote:
The Republicans do however have their interpretation of the Constitution on their side - it is their reference point at any rate, however bogus.
Their interpretation is idiotic at best. One has to pretend that the 2A does not contain the words "well-regulated militia" to conclude that it gives every man, woman, and child the right to own any weapon in existence.
Which brings us back to the inertia and drag of a Constitution written 200 years ago which is no longer fit in some respects for purpose. And that isn't going to change in a hurry. The issue is down a rabbit hole and it isn't going to find a way out any time soon.

I would offer the suggestion that your rabid anti-Republican attitude - as expressed here anyway - is part of the problem, not the solution. The system is at fault - you need a meta solution.
Fine people on both sides, huh?

I used to try to empathise with these people. I tried to be understanding. "We're all products of our environment", I told myself. "We're all victims of circumstance", I said. "Had I been born in rural Alabama, I'd probably be a conservative bible thumper too." For years, I tried to convince myself that they really aren't that bad—they merely grew up in a different culture, or different region, but at the end of the day, they're only human and they have flaws, and god knows I'm not perfect either.

Then they put Trump in the White House. And so I've run out of patience and I've run out of tolerance. The Republican party is a goddamn cancer on this nation and a plague upon humanity and a blight on the world. There is no reasoning with these people. Kindness and civility do not matter to them. Facts and truth and science are anathema to their belief system. All that's left for the sane people in this country to do is show up at the polls and vote them the hell out, support good journalism, and throw money at Democratic campaigns to help keep Republicans out.

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Fri May 18, 2018 9:27 pm

It's getting somewhat revolutionary when the right are siding with the left that allowing kids to kill one another with guns isn't right, at all. European levels of common-sense might be coming next?
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri May 18, 2018 9:33 pm

The interpretation of the 2nd Amendment as protecting the right of citizens of the US to keep and bear arms irrespective of the issue of 'well regulated militia' is correct, in my opinion. A large part of the problem the US faces is the fanatical opposition to reasonable regulation of gun ownership on the part of the NRA, and the craven promotion of the NRA agenda by Republican politicians.

Given the potential for irrevocable disaster if present-day US politicians were allowed to tamper with the Constitution (for instance in a Constitutional convention), I don't think that's a good idea, despite the problems it has built into it.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri May 18, 2018 10:14 pm

In the mean time your so called constitution has resulted in more kids killed this year in mass shootings than soldiers In your various ‘adventures’. Your paranoia about government oppression is a self feeding and fulfilling mesh of fear and unjustified anxiety. Do you think the rest of the developed world is at the mercy of their governments because they don’t have guns in their bedside lockers?

Just fuck off all of you americans who even vaguely defend the status quo by referring to your Constitution, that doesn’t wash any more.

Go on - justify the deaths of another ten kids. Fucking idiots.